• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Damn, Arsenal have amazing luck. Drawing a team that will be thrown out anyway.

Do they just get a free ride to the group or does another team get drafted in to play against them?

confuziz

Banned
I only think that Zenit would have been a worse draw than Milan for you because Zenit will be much more match fit since our season started over a month ago.

Maybe, but it's not worse than Schalke or Arsenal.

If Balotelli and/or SES are not playing...then maybe we have chance to win against Milan. It's not completely hopeless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Honestly, the big Italian teams have been from decent to shit this pre-season imo so luck might be on your side.

It's pre-season.

pre

season

United lost to North Korea but they're still going to win the league by 20 points in December.

phaze

Wait, why are Fener in trouble?

They were banned by UEFA for 2 years for match fixing, but they managed to get it overturned in the CAS. Currently under a legal battle but in the meantime they have their license back.

At the bottom of all the UEFA draw / match pages it says "* Please note that the participation of Fenerbahçe SK and FC Metalist Kharkiv in the competition is subject to pending disciplinary and CAS proceedings."

Zabojnik

Juve-GAF, give us Conte or Benfica-GAF will cut off all ties with you.

IT IS ON NOW!

I can already imagine what he'd say to the Benfica players during their first meeting. Same thing he said when he took things over at Juventus.

"Gentlemen, it's time to stop sucking."

Conte <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve-GAF, give us Conte or Benfica-GAF will cut off all ties with you.

IT IS ON NOW!

His contract expires in 2015 anyway. :(

Antonio-Conte-underwear-dunk-scudetto-paty.jpg

bjaelke

Mike Anstead @mike_anstead
Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling arrested for assault last night - in court today to face charges. More soon bit.ly/4awGzX #LFC

Sort it out lad.

Do they just get a free ride to the group or does another team get drafted in to play against them?

Jack Widnell @jackwfootball
If Fenerbahçe beat Arsenal and their ban is subsequently upheld, they'll be replaced in the group stages by Bursaspor, not Arsenal.

Elfsborg were so bad, they'd probably get relegated from the SPL.

Celtic were so shit too

After watching Motherwell over two legs this year and Dundee United last season I dread to imagine the quality of team that can actually get relegated from the SPL.

Lightning

Banned

Oh yeah so lucky. The hardest team we could have got days before a NLD. Sooooooo lucky.

CrunchyB

Some of the Dutch folks seem to think Milan is a good draw because the Serie A hasn't started yet. And they think it's likely that Milan will underestimate PSV. I dunno, they have to make up for a big part in quality first...

PSV trashed Napoli last year, number 2 in the league. That's a fact. Another fact is that Napoli didn't give a fuck about the EL and they never really tried.

AC Milan will care about CL. PSV will be the underdog, it should be an exciting match at the very least :)

confuziz

Banned
PSV trashed Napoli last year, number 2 in the league. That's a fact. Another fact is that Napoli didn't give a fuck about the EL and they never really tried.

AC Milan will care about CL. PSV will be the underdog, it should be an exciting match at the very least :)

Most interesting match after Fener - Arsenal!

Linius

Lol, I was about to say Napoli couldn't give any fucks but luckily you said that yourself :p

But it's funny to see the different fora. On one forum I frequent everybody seems down and another forum I'm like the only person who thinks PSV isn't gonna make it against Milan. Some dude even makes it personal by calling me out for not knowing anything about football except for Ajax :p

Suen

Suen pls. Don't you remember last year when AIK eliminated CSKA?
AIK was probably funded by based Gazprom then. Seriously I was very surprised from that result. Not what I expected at all, Wernbloom and Elm didn't want to betray their country.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve will only be seeded in 2nd place in the Champions League if one of Arsenal, Milan, Lyon or Schalke are knocked out in the qualifiers.

Get your shit together Milan, Lyon, Schalke and Arse.....oh fuck.

The only major threat in Pot 2 is PSG. :/

bud

sviatlov, what is an "fc kuban krasnodar?" are they any good.

Arse-GAF, have we signed anyone yet or is Wenger still saying something along the lines of "some great signings are coming"?

diaby will be fit soon. he's the hero arsenal deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Linius

But just to be clear, can we really expect from a fully reformed team with a lot of youngsters who don't really have any CL experience that they can beat the likes of Milan? If you ask me their only chance is Milan underestimating them or Milan having a total off day at San Siro so they can snap an away goal or two.

confuziz

Banned
But just to be clear, can we really expect from a fully reformed team with a lot of youngsters who don't really have any CL experience that they can beat the likes of Milan? If you ask me their only chance is Milan underestimating them or Milan having a total off day at San Siro so they can snap an away goal or two.

Yeah no, you're absolutely right. Milan needs an offday and Bakkali needs to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom