• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
sviatlov, what is an "fc kuban krasnodar?" are they any good.

It's the first time they've ever qualified for Europe. They're a dangerous, little team, great on the counter. They got poached of some of their better players after last season but are still playing well. They also have the best attendance of any team in Russia. Oh and they're undefeated since November! I think they're the strongest out of all the unseeded teams in this draw. Unlucky for Feyenoord.

Salty Bet is so good although betting on Zidane to beat Mickey Mouse just cost me big.

64zEBXz.png

Linius

Yeah, Zenit is ranked right behind Juve so we're in a similar situation. Pot 3 is definitely the better place to be, lol.

Ajax is certain of pot 3 now. It's funny how Dortmund is also in pot 3 because they never did great things in Europa the past 5 years up till last season. That can make a pretty tough group.

LegoArmo

It's the first time they've ever qualified for Europe. They're a dangerous, little team, great on the counter. They got poached of some of their better players after last season but are still playing well. They also have the best attendance of any team in Russia. Oh and they're undefeated since November! I think they're the strongest out of all the unseeded teams in this draw. Unlucky for Feyenoord.

Do they have Angbwa? Or did he leave? He's a beast in FIFA.

Tc91

Mario Balotelli ‏@FinallyMario 2m
Actually can t find the willy so i think is a she ahahaha but maybe a he! Ahahah

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I guess the draw isn't so bad, at least the home leg is second. We don't have to travel before the NLD, just play a second string at home.

Arnie

:lol at the Raheem hate

Stick me in his shoes, with the amount of shit he gets thrown at him when he's out and about, and I'd be arrested for 'assault' faster than you can write off Arsenal's transfer activity.

I can already see how it's going to play out.
Fene beat arsenal
Fene get kicked out and banned for two years
Arsenal get a free pass into the groups
Suarez cries whilst he plays for Liverpool reserves against hull tigers

Do they have Angbwa? Or did he leave? He's a beast in FIFA.

No, Angbwa never played for them. Their most recognizable player is Djibril Cisse I guess. Their best players though are Ivelin Popov, Charles Kabore and Ibrahima Balde. Oh and their keeper is really good.

CrunchyB

On one forum I frequent everybody seems down and another forum I'm like the only person who thinks PSV isn't gonna make it against Milan.

I think it's conceivable that PSV pulls through. But it's more likely that their lack of experience will be their downfall against AC Milan.

Their opponents until now have been very weak as well, Zulte Waregem was particularly pathetic. We haven't even seen them against Ajax/Feyenoord/Twente, so we have very little information to go by. Their next game is against NEC, which is horribly bad this year, so that won't tell us anything new either.

LegoArmo

No, Angbwa never played for them. Their most recognizable player is Djibril Cisse I guess. Their best players though are Ivelin Popov, Charles Kabore and Ibrahima Balde. Oh and their keeper is really good.

Oh yeah, wrong team! I saw Cisse was playing in Russia now, hope he does well. Seems like a decent league.

Nyx

I can totally see us losing to PSV, they're a decent team.

Who had no real opponents so far though... (Both Zulte Waregem and ADO Den Haag are terrible)

Love the way they played against Zulte, but I'm curious to see how all those youngsters cope with setbacks.

Linius

Just going to see ac milan play to be honest.

Massive club.

I think it's conceivable that PSV pulls through. But it's more likely that their lack of experience will be their downfall against AC Milan.

Their opponents until now have been very weak as well, Zulte Waregem was particularly pathetic. We haven't even seen them against Ajax/Feyenoord/Twente, so we have very little information to go by. Their next game is against NEC, which is horribly bad this year, so that won't tell us anything new either.

Yup, all very true.

PSV isn't going to pull through. Just like last year they appear to be good against the weak opponents. However, last year they choked against better opponents (Ajax, Feyenoord, etc.). I don't think they will manage to defeat AC Milan. Although Milan doesn't have that much of an impressive team anymore. (Not like I follow the Italian competition, but still. I never did, yet I knew most of the names of part teams.)

confuziz

Banned
PSV isn't going to pull through. Just like last year they appear to be good against the weak opponents. However, last year they choked against better opponents (Ajax, Feyenoord, etc.). I don't think they will manage to defeat AC Milan. Although Milan doesn't have that much of an impressive team anymore. (Not like I follow the Italian competition, but still. I never did, yet I knew most of the names of part teams.)

We have 11 different players. How do you know the same thing is going to happen?

Some of the Dutch folks seem to think Milan is a good draw because the Serie A hasn't started yet. And they think it's likely that Milan will underestimate PSV. I dunno, they have to make up for a big part in quality first...

Well, it's true that the Serie A hasn't started yet and will start between the PSV games, but Allegri planned the whole summer just to be somehow ready for those two games. Of course, it's also true that we might understimate PSV, making things much more difficult.

I dunno, scoring in Eindhoven will be crucial, I think that we can make this. Still, PSV was the worst team we could pick, so yeah, there's that.

confuziz

Banned
Well, it's true that the Serie A hasn't started yet and will start between the PSV games, but Allegri planned the whole summer just to be somehow ready for those two games. Of course, it's also true that we might understimate PSV, making things much more difficult.

I dunno, scoring in Eindhoven will be crucial, I think that we can make this. Still, PSV was the worst team we could pick, so yeah, there's that.

The worst team you could pick? Lucifer pls

We have 11 different players. How do you know the same thing is going to happen?

Of course I can't be certain :p But I don't think the players they have now can manage against a great opponent. Mentality-wise, but mostly quality-wise. I wasn't impressed when I saw PSV against Ado, nor was I impressed by them winning against Zulte. They did fine against small opponents. Their first test is yet to come. And I don't foresee them succeeding in it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Spain's full Squad: Casillas, Reina, Victor Valdes Arbeloa, Azpilicueta, Inigo Martinez, Raul Albiol, Sergio Ramos. Jordi Alba, Javi Martinez, Cazorla, Iniesta, Isco, Thiago, Koke, Jesus Navas, Silva, Cesc Fabregas, Negredo, Fernando Llorente, Cristian Tello.

No Xavi, Torres, Pedro, Pique, Soldado etc

He's experimenting, which is good.

Of course I can't be certain :p But I don't think the players they have now can manage against a great opponent. Mentality-wise, but mostly quality-wise. I wasn't impressed when I saw PSV against Ado, nor was I impressed by them winning against Zulte. They did fine against small opponents. Their first test is yet to come. And I don't foresee them succeeding in it.

i like this junior.

CrunchyB

Twente? They are midtable at best this season...

Have you seen Vitesse, Feyenoord and Utrecht lately?
They are better than that and with Djordjevic and Corona they are adding some scoring power. I'm mildly optimistic about their chances this year.

Obviously Ajax and PSV are better.

Linius

They are better than that and with Djordjevic and Corona they are adding some scoring power. I'm mildly optimistic about their chances this year.

I take it you're Dutch right? Who do you support anyways? Sorry if this has been asked a million times before :p

he's your friend?

He's from the same forum where Bacon and I once came from :p

Nyx

I've seen Utrecht indeed, I'm a fan! :p

I don't see Djordjevic and Corona replace the likes of Chadli and Douglas and they still have Castaignlol...

We can just say the Eredivisie has become even more terrible than last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom