• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

0hFHnJd.gif

"Working hard behind the scenes" bro
Working hard to ensure that Sanogo is the only new player we have. All according to Wenger's plans

Sage00

Once And Future Member
You have to wait for qualifications to end. Only after this set of matches is done will there be a group stage draw.

Fenerbache can get thrown out ? What for ?
They were banned by UEFA for 2 years for match fixing, but they managed to get it overturned in the CAS. Currently under a legal battle but in the meantime they have their license back.

At the bottom of all the UEFA draw / match pages it says "* Please note that the participation of Fenerbahçe SK and FC Metalist Kharkiv in the competition is subject to pending disciplinary and CAS proceedings."

phaze

They were banned by UEFA for 2 years for match fixing, but they managed to get it overturned in the CAS. Currently under a legal battle but in the meantime they have their license back.

At the bottom of all the UEFA draw / match pages it says "* Please note that the participation of Fenerbahçe SK and FC Metalist Kharkiv in the competition is subject to pending disciplinary and CAS proceedings."

I see, thanks. But the power of Suarez will make sure we won't have to depend on that.

On a serious note though Lambda, how many problems do you think Pacos can cause us? Were their better players poached after their season last year? I basically know nothing about them.

honestly? should be an easy win for Zenit. their manager, big part of their sucess last season, left for Porto and so did one of their best players (Josué).

they won't play on their stadium either, Porto (them again) loaned them their stadium for the CL matches.

justjohn

Arsenal are extremely lucky there. Even if they lose to fenebarche its very likely they'll lose their appeal for match fixing ban so arsenal will go through regardless.

honestly? should be an easy win for Zenit. their manager, big part of their sucess last season, left for Porto and so did one of their best players (Josué).

they won't play on their stadium either, Porto (them again) loaned them their stadium for the CL matches.

I'm still worried though. I remember when we lost to Nacional 4 years ago on a late goal.

Suen

Kinda disappointed Vitor Pereira didn't stay with Porto. That oil money took his soul. I'm disappointed about the above though, Pacos is a small team no? Wish their manager stayed and built on their success last season, would have been good for them and the league. Meanwhile Benfica should have sent Jorge to manage Porto and let Cardozo becomes the new Benfica manager with Eusebio pulling the strings.

eusebio.jpg

bjaelke

Stewie quoted in the Echo confirming the Costa bid, wording however makes it seem like he has no insider knowledge.

#DowningWatch

Don't put too much into that interview.
“The manager said he wanted to sign players who would bring more goals to the group and both Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto have done well so far.

“Then there’s Sturridge, Fabio Borini, Raheem Sterling, Jordon Ibe and myself.

Suen

If you bring in ready-made professionals, you discourage the foetuses.

Got to maintain that delicate AFC psychological ecosystem
If we were only half as good as Dortmund, lots of investment in our own players, one can't win for shit, the other is amazing.

looks like gustavo is off to arsenal

if the rumors are true that is
Big signings = Bayern outcast :lol

Wenger pls

Linius

The Dutch website of Comedy Central is a special kind of stupid. They share a video link on Facebook. I follow that link to their website. Turns out they embedded some video from the American version of Comedy Central which is regio blocked over here :O

LegoArmo

Looool

Last time I saw Lego's list I was at No.1 :p

Your only the champ after you beat me. Which won't happen :p

My list isn't based solely on results, but also how you played against me. Dominated. FootballFan the games were pretty even, and Sleepless I had about 20 shots on target but didn't score too much. He likes to cross.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On August 26th Marotta will be presented with the Oscar dello Sport, an award for the best Sporting Director.

1985361-marotta.jpg

What would other teams be called if they went the Hull Tigers route?
Some obvious ones are:

The Arsenal Gunners
The Manchester Devils
The Palace Eagles

What about some of the less obvious ones?

The Fulham Cottagers?
The Tottenham Cockerels?

The Torino Zebras
The Piedmont old ladies.

Fuck that.

Linius

Some of the Dutch folks seem to think Milan is a good draw because the Serie A hasn't started yet. And they think it's likely that Milan will underestimate PSV. I dunno, they have to make up for a big part in quality first...

Suen

Some of the Dutch folks seem to think Milan is a good draw because the Serie A hasn't started yet. And they think it's likely that Milan will underestimate PSV. I dunno, they have to make up for a big part in quality first...
Honestly, the big Italian teams have been from decent to shit this pre-season imo so luck might be on your side.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal are extremely lucky there. Even if they lose to fenebarche its very likely they'll lose their appeal for match fixing ban so arsenal will go through regardless.
Lose? Fenerbarche may as well quit their appeal because they are gone from the CL regardless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom