• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Standard Neuer, won't even make the highlights.

DeGea would've tried to make some funky save with his legs instead and ManU-GAF would be salivating over it for years to come.

I actually like how Pep is concerned about the German national team in Brazil and tries to get to get Neuer accustomed to the batshit insane defense Löw is running.

But Raffael is no striker.

Didnt he play striker for Berlin? tbh I only remember him from his Hertha days.

Wilbur

Banned
The only consolation I can take from this is that apart from Rio, Shinji and Valencia, none of these are first team. Instead, Carrick-Giggs wait in the wings to destroy you all.

Didnt he play striker for Berlin? tbh I only remember him from his Hertha days.

Well, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think he regularly played as striker.

Also, I just read Bayern's 2-0 was offside, is that true? I just noticed I give this match as much attention as my ex loool

Meier

This is disgraceful. Only Januzaj and Anderson (sporadically) looking anything approaching good. Kagawa looking terrible. Needs some more work on his fitness I think.

United's pre-season was filled with ridiculous cupcakes for the most part, so it's fortunate that you guys at least got this last friendly against a decent team. Didn't realize the Community Shield was in just 2 days.. is that right? This match seems a bit close for comfort to that even if you guys should wallop Wigan where we couldn't.

Adnan should just be made a first teamer right away. He's that good.
Okay, fair enough, but have you considered playing him in the reserves this year and putting Giggs in his place instead? He's a reliable, proven, mature performer that can take Januzaj's place, giving the youngster time to grow and consider his rapidly expiring contract.

fuenf

Well, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think he regularly played as striker.

Also, I just read Bayern's 2-0 was offside, is that true? I just noticed I give this match as much attention as my ex loool

Mandzu was offside when Lahm (?) crossed to Müller, when Müller shot he wasnt offside anymore, I guess the assistant interpreted it as a new play. But I'm not sure, my first reaction was "offside". Definitely one of the harder "passive offside" cases.

Clegg

Kagawa having a shocker.

Januzaj out best player. Get him to sign that bloody contract.

Edit: We're getting fucked down the left and in midfield.

Wilbur

Banned
United's pre-season was filled with ridiculous cupcakes for the most part, so it's fortunate that you guys at least got this last friendly against a decent team. Didn't realize the Community Shield was in just 2 days.. is that right? This match seems a bit close for comfort to that even if you guys should wallop Wigan where we couldn't.

Yeah, Sunday 2pm my time (no idea when it is for you!). We'll probably lose. We're playing fucking disgracefully. It's nowhere near the team that'll turn out, but still. Henriquez is raw as fuck so I'm not blaming him, but he's not making any runs really. Valencia, Kagawa and Buttner particularly have been terrible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A yellow for Verratti in the first half.
KuGsj.gif

-

Bayern 2-1.

I still think the Orcs of Bavaria are capable of winning the treble again.

Mandzu was offside when Lahm (?) crossed to Müller, when Müller shot he wasnt offside anymore, I guess the assistant interpreted it as a new play. But I'm not sure, my first reaction was "offside". Definitely one of the harder "passive offside" cases.

Well, looks like I have to actually watch the goal in half time haha

Okay, fair enough, but have you considered playing him in the reserves this year and putting Giggs in his place instead? He's a reliable, proven, mature performer that can take Januzaj's place, giving the youngster time to grow and consider his rapidly expiring contract.

You already took Pogba, no need to rub salt in the wound.

This is disgraceful. Only Januzaj and Anderson (sporadically) looking anything approaching good. Kagawa looking terrible. Needs some more work on his fitness I think.

A lot of players haven't had a proper pre-season. Valencia, Shinji, Chicha, Nani, Vidic, etc... I'm scared.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn ter Stegen! That was fucking top.

We're awful. Zaha on please because Valencia needs to fucking just leave the country

United have been found out. Wrap it up, turn off the smoke machine.

The party is over.

Long live City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal

Wilbur

Banned
We won't see any of this team start on Sunday so lets be grateful. Kagawa and Valencia need to do some fucking work on that training pitch. I love Shinji but there's only so many times I can excuse him, he needs to up his game.

Henriquez isn't doing anything up front, isn't peeling off like Chicha does... Anderson's looked alright in spells, Fabio's been inoffensive, Januzaj's been good. And that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom