• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

YOU PLAY ASSISTED ONLINE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

NO WONDER YOU HAVE SUCH A BIG WIN RECORD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You can't even find a match on manual, tool lol. There's probably 200 people in div 1 on manual, and I only get matched up with Aussies/NZers. So 5 people probably.

My shooting is the only thing fully assisted broseph. The rest is on dat semi, which is why I was so comfortable vs Sleepless....except when shooting.

I only play PES in manual. You know who plays FIFA in manual? Freewheelin.

Freewheelin pls.

:lol

I play semi-assisted and manual a lot actually. I switch between them. Manual feels a lot better for sure.

Freewheelin', don't get an iPhone. That's all I'm going to say.

I had an iPhone 4S actually, before it got snatched off me. :(

So I'm going to try a new phone now.

925 will work better with the new stuff in the Nokia Amber update like Glance since it's Super AMOLED but for less cash, in-built charging and twice the storage I'm as I said in the 920 camp. It is a chunky phone but it never bothered me, I actually liked the weight.

Sorry to hear about your phone btw :\ another idea, what about the Lumia 820? Get it for like £130 and go Giffgaff at £10 a month for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of data?

I don't need the mins, but the texts and the data would suit me fine :p

I just remembered though, I want to buy out of my EE contract, and since it would cost me around £90...the phone being free at places like o2 and three would be good enough.

The_Joker

apparently gladbach fans sang "steht auf wenn ihr steuer zahlt" (stand up if oyu pay taxes) today...

this should become a running gag in every stadium :D

I rarely go full manual but have not been on assisted since probably fifa 08. Mostly semi for most and manual for lob/long and a few others. If i had more time id probably practice more on manual.

Recently went back to fifa 12 until 14, my recent online record is around 20-0-3. Annoyingly the 3 losses came when i kept switching teams, i get bored of fifa 12 Tottenham with VdV and Modric :p

Steverulez cant touch me on fifa, hes beaten me once or twice, the last time i was like Barcelona, controlled the fricking game, Adebayor scored then Drogba scored twice >_> i got my revenge though, as he kept losing to me after that i kept being lower teams, i beat him with a half star team :p he was Chelsea.

Slizz

You can't even find a match on manual, tool lol. There's probably 200 people in div 1 on manual, and I only get matched up with Aussies/NZers. So 5 people probably.

My shooting is the only thing fully assisted broseph. The rest is on dat semi, which is why I was so comfortable vs Sleepless....except when shooting.

Is that really how they match you in FIFA? I thought controls had no bearing on matchmaking, just division level, team star level and DNF%

Lightning

Banned
If we want a winger I would rather us go for Salvio but a winger I don't see as a priority at all.

Suarez, Gustavo, CB/RB and maybe a goal keeper and we'll be fine.

L1NETT

this kid looks good. Only 16. I know it's against shit teams, yadda yadda. He'll be the next Adnan/Neymar/player that Footygaf will hype up.

BELIEVE.

If he is really good, he probably won't be at Arsenal by the time the PS5 comes out!

If we want a winger I would rather us go for Salvio but a winger I don't see as a priority at all.

Suarez, Gustavo, CB/RB and maybe a goal keeper and we'll be fine.

What's wrong with the Ox. Love a bit of Ox myself, Wenger will surely give him more of a chance now that forehead slaphead has left the building.

FootballFan

Is that really how they match you in FIFA? I thought controls had no bearing on matchmaking, just division level, team star level and DNF%

You can make it so your opponents controls match yours I believe. Which is what I assume happens. It did in FIFA 12 at least. I'll google for 13.

Timurid

lol. what happened?
you were cool, once
I think it was a combination of Blablurn's spamming, elTopo's bad taste, Fry, Pep's hipster shit, and some Bayern boss complaining about PSG. I'm sorry, but if it's any consolation you're the best bayern fan. I'll root for bayern if they go up against Rube or Madrid.

Wilbur

Banned
This fucking guy:

THIS CUNT said:
As much as Kagawa looks a clever footballer, he's fragile and one deminsional. Best position behind the striker. Moyes won't use him there. He'll struggle anywhere else.

THIS CUNT said:
Moyes won't use 4411 at United, at least not regularly. He'll mainly go for 4231. Kagawa can't drop to CM in 4411 like in Ever

THIS CUNT said:
Japan's manager plays Kagawa on the left side because he struggled playing in CM when defending
he can only play in one position. One deminsional player.

THIS CUNT said:
if Roon goes, Moyes won't be playing Kagawa behind RvP unless we are facing small teams or chasing a game. Remember this mate

ME said:
what do you define a small team to be? And who do you think would play there instead?

THIS CUNT said:
we'll play 4231. The one on the left and center will interchange. Small teams are those who finished 10th & below last year

ME said:
so in half the games, Kagawa will play in his preferred position, and we'll play the formation he's most suited to? Why wouldn't we play him there full time if that's the formation?

kharma45

I don't need the mins, but the texts and the data would suit me fine :p

I just remembered though, I want to buy out of my EE contract, and since it would cost me around £90...the phone being free at places like o2 and three would be good enough.

Over the course of two years though the 820 will cost ya £390 and a 920 will be £624, just putting that out there :p although the 820 isn't as high end. Camera isn't as good, WVGA screen, 8GB internal memory (MicroSD support of up to 64GB) and a smaller battery. Still, cracking price and Kyle on here has one so he can tell you what it's like for day to day use.

What has made you look at Windows Phone?

Lightning

Banned
=What's wrong with the Ox. Love a bit of Ox myself, Wenger will surely give him more of a chance now that forehead slaphead has left the building.
Nothing wrong with Ox but he is not a winger but with so many bodies in our midfield I can see Wenger playing him on the wing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought I recognised you, you cunt!

Reported you to the police :p

:lol, the guy was wearing a black hoodie. Do you have any black hoodies?I hope not :(

juventus-hoody-black-2012-13.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT! We steal points AND iPhones.

kharma45

Not really. I had a bad experience with an Android phone years ago, put me off ever getting one again tbh :p I know they are good phones though.

S4 looks like a beast.

S4 is a pretty great device, would be my choice for Android atm but I if I were ever to go back it'd be to whatever the new Nexus 5 will be. Stock or bust.

Clegg

Kagawa looked utterly lost positionally on the left today. Either he's super rusty or he hasn't a clue how to play there. All his best games have been in the centre without a doubt.

He doesn't look that bad on the left when playing for Japan. But I suppose that's because they employ a system that's built around himself and Honda.

His best games for Unite have been behind the striker, no doubt.

It's funny that the first match of this Bundesliga season already showed how stupid this new offside rule is.

Look at the Mandzukic goal. He's offside when Robben passes the ball. If Gladbach's defender touched it, Mandzukic is offside according to the new rule. If neither the defender nor Müller touched it, it's offside. If Müller touched it, it's a legit goal. That's utterly ridiculous and doesn't make sense in any way.

Wilbur

Banned
Kagawa looked utterly lost positionally on the left today. Either he's super rusty or he hasn't a clue how to play there. All his best games have been in the centre without a doubt.

He was absolutely rusty as fuck, got moved behind Adnan in the second half (obviously not perfect considering he's not a striker) but then all of a sudden looked much more confident, picked up the ball more and didn't make any mistakes. I'm not giving him a free pass, but I don't know what this fucking guy is on about. Check my timeline for the whole thing if you want, he's fucking on something.

THIS CUNT said:
that's why he shifted Kagawa to the left. Imagine having Kagawa behind striker, and Cleverly in CM covering for him. Disaster

I KNOW THIS

THIS IS WHY I FUCKING SAID IF SOMEONE COMES IN

I KNOW WHY KAGAWA PLAYED ON THE LEFT

BUT IF WE SIGN A MIDFIELDER

WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE ONLY PLAY ON THE LEFT

WRRAHGHGHG

and now he's saying our ball distribution would be crap with carrick and fellaini

does he not know who carrick is

Over the course of two years though the 820 will cost ya £390 and a 920 will be £624, just putting that out there :p although the 820 isn't as high end. Camera isn't as good, WVGA screen, 8GB internal memory (MicroSD support of up to 64GB) and a smaller battery. Still, cracking price and Kyle on here has one so he can tell you what it's like for day to day use.

What has made you look at Windows Phone?

The UI, mainly. I just love the look of it, iOS 7 (from what I've tried of it) has improved in this regard, but WP just looks sleek and modern and cool! :lol

Some of the Nokia apps look really good too. I'll be taking photos too, so a good camera is a must for me :p

juventus-hoody-black-2012-13.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT! We steal points AND iPhones.

sheeeeeeeeit

i did see a guy in a Juve shirt the other day at work.... :p Wanted to high-five him, but couldn't out of embarrassment :(

Carbonox

Oi that Juve hoody is fit as fuck.

But like......I dunno if I could wear club clothing that ISN'T the jersey. The idea sounds foreign to me. As if you're a wannabe pro dossing about in club clothing chilling with Pirlo in the pool room. But you're not a pro and you sure as shit aint cool enough to doss with Pirlo.

FootballFan

He was absolutely rusty as fuck, got moved behind Adnan in the second half (obviously not perfect considering he's not a striker) but then all of a sudden looked much more confident, picked up the ball more and didn't make any mistakes. I'm not giving him a free pass, but I don't know what this fucking guy is on about. Check my timeline for the whole thing if you want, he's fucking on something.

I know what you mean you turkey. The difference between LW and CAM is absolutely obvious and you'd be able to tell within three seconds. You'd likely be able to tell between Kagawa and Rppney the first time he took a shot as well.

Wilbur

Banned
I know what you mean you turkey. The difference between LW and CAM is absolutely obvious and you'd be able to tell within three seconds. You'd likely be able to tell between Kagawa and Rppney the first time he took a shot as well.

Man, you're so salty just because you can't win unless you're on assisted :lol

Croyles

Shinji looking very rusty.

I'm afraid of how Chicha is going to look. Not sure if Valencia is rusty or shit.

I'm really dissapointed with Shinji's move to United, and United's utilization of him. A winger?

I think even Klopp said it broke his heart.

Kagawa's brilliance and intelligence is largely conditioned by the teams movement on and off the ball. Doesn't seem like Man U is that team, whether for good or bad.

kharma45

The UI, mainly. I just love the look of it, iOS 7 (from what I've tried of it) has improved in this regard, but WP just looks sleek and modern and cool! :lol

Some of the Nokia apps look really good too. I'll be taking photos too, so a good camera is a must for me :p

In that case stick to the 9xx phones. 820 camera is nice but the OIS in the 9xx is seriously impressive, and the new Nokia Pro Cam app is da bomb.

It is a fun OS to use and does offer something different. It's far from perfect and I still have a lot of gripes but it's not enough to make me want to change away from the platform. Microsoft and Nokia are pushing out two new updates at the minute (GDR2 and Amber) with GDR3 due in November and then WP8.1 due in the Spring. App support is still lacking compared to others but there are a lot of good third party alternatives out there for the major ones if official ones don't exist.

The Nokia apps are pretty great. Pro Cam as I mentioned, their mapping service is ace and I love Nokia Music (just not enough to pay for it :p).

Nexus 4 should be a bit cheap today too.

If you go used yeah, otherwise it's still the same as when it launched.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man, you're so salty just because you can't win unless you're on assisted :lol

You can tell he's a Barca supporter eh?

"The grass was too long"

"The pitch was too wet"

"too dry"

"too short"

"too hot"

"Aggressive cunts"

"Submissive twats only playing on the counter"

In our system, on the wing, he has none of the attributes to succeed. In our system you need pace, dribbling ability and crossing ability or you're of no use (see ref.: Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia).

He looks so much more comfortable in the centre. Places to go and people to pass to.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm really dissapointed with Shinji's move to United, and United's utilization of him. A winger?

I think even Klopp said it broke his heart.

Kagawa's brilliance and intelligence is largely conditioned by the teams movement on and off the ball. Doesn't seem like Man U is that team, whether for good or bad.

I understand why he was put out on the left considering how lightweight our midfield is; Rooney in the centre makes sense in terms of physicality. But if we get Fellaini in, there's no reason why Kagawa wouldn't be playing behind RVP.

But if this season doesn't go well, it'll just be a case of the player and team not matching each other, a la Veron.

spidye

It's funny that the first match of this Bundesliga season already showed how stupid this new offside rule is.

Look at the Mandzukic goal. He's offside when Robben passes the ball. If Gladbach's defender touched it, Mandzukic is offside according to the new rule. If neither the defender nor Müller touched it, it's offside. If Müller touched it, it's a legit goal. That's utterly ridiculous and doesn't make sense in any way.

it makes sense. müller came from onside and when he touched the ball he created a new "spielzug". mandzu was onside the moment müller toched the ball. it was always like this. this is not a new rule if I'm not wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3KQ9EqTBQ0

If you look at 0:03 you can see the moment Müller touches the ball mandzu is onside

Wilbur

Banned
THIS FUCKING CUNT said:
we'll see Moyes strongest team against Wigan. I personally think Moyes is far too rigid to be inventive with players/tactics and Kagawa is his worst nightmare

ME said:
If he's playing a 4231, what's inventive about playing one of Europe's best behind the striker... behind the striker?

i dont even know anymore

In that case stick to the 9xx phones. 820 camera is nice but the OIS in the 9xx is seriously impressive, and the new Nokia Pro Cam app is da bomb.

It is a fun OS to use and does offer something different. It's far from perfect and I still have a lot of gripes but it's not enough to make me want to change away from the platform. Microsoft and Nokia are pushing out two new updates at the minute (GDR2 and Amber) with GDR3 due in November and then WP8.1 due in the Spring. App support is still lacking compared to others but there are a lot of good third party alternatives out there for the major ones if official ones don't exist.

The Nokia apps are pretty great. Pro Cam as I mentioned, their mapping service is ace and I love Nokia Music (just not enough to pay for it :p).

Yeah I don't really play games on my phone (RIP :(), so Whatsapp/Facebook/Twitter and IMDB are just about enough for me :p

Is there a guide or something in the phone that I can look at if I need help with something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom