• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kharma (think you have a Lumia, right?)

Have a choice of a 920 or 925....

Can get 920 for £26 a month, unlimited data, 5000 texts

or 925 for £30 a month, same deal, but also includes a free wireless charger and case. In retrospect, this seems like the better deal. But I'm wondering if there's any difference between the phones other than the number? :p

As far as I understand:

920 has built-in wireless charging and no need for a case. Heavier as a result and slightly inferior camera to 925.

925 does not have built-in wireless charging and can only do so with the add on wireless charger case. It is lighter on it's own as a result. Has a slightly better camera than 920.

However I'm not certain on this so someone feel free to verify this.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dat Juve-Bro's fear.

It's a shame we can't 'disconnect' too when playing Napoli, eh?

tumblr_inline_mp09zlheXs1qz4rgp.gif

Clegg

Kondogbia played well in the first half. Ripped through our midfield a couple of times and put in some good covering challenges.

He was sloppy in the second half though. Gave away possession and was bailed out by the ref calling soft fouls on him.

But he's only 20 and will improve. I'd certainly be pleased if we signed him.

Showaddy

If Man U signed Fellaini would they use him as a defensive mid or what? Their whole central midfield just seems soft as shit at the moment.

Lightning

Banned
Hope we get Gustavo wrapped up in the next 2-3 days. He would be helpful for our qualifers although I'm very confident we will beat Fener with the players we already have.

subtles

Reading up on football rivalries it's sad some of them aren't what they used to be. I always wondered if United fans miss Leeds or if it was a case of "good riddance".

FootballFan

You haven't answer my question. Is Barca going to sign Mathieu?

I really don't know who we are going after for the defense. I like Mathieu actually, but I wanted T.Silva :(

That Virgini guy was linked a week ago but his name hasn't been mentioned since then. We need to swap a CM with a CB at United, win/win situation.

David Luiz seems really unlikely too. Timu help pls.

subtles

I really don't know who we are going after for the defense. I like Mathieu actually, but I wanted T.Silva :(

That Virgini guy was linked a week ago but his name hasn't been mentioned since then. We need to swap a CM with a CB at United, win/win situation.

I thought Barca are after Vertonghen?

L1NETT

Reading up on football rivalries it's sad some of them aren't what they used to be. I always wondered if United fans miss Leeds or if it was a case of "good riddance".

Who the flying fuck misses Leeds.

By not what they used to be do you mean don't occur very often, because when we play Leeds (it doesn't happen much) it is still red hot.

Also, I assume if Saints play Pompey in the next decade it will still be a charged match.

Timurid

Mathieu will be the rock in the back and will smite down those cunts in Madrid.

subtles

Who the flying fuck misses Leeds.

By not what they used to be do you mean don't occur very often, because when we play Leeds (it doesn't happen much) it is still red hot.

Also, I assume if Saints play Pompey in the next decade it will still be a charged match.

Some because the clubs play once in a blue moon, others because one team overwhelms the other.

Just wait until the first Old Firm game once Rangers get back in shape. Electric.

A lot of fans claim not to care right now, but I can't pretend I'm not extremely excited. Realistically we won't have a chance to win for like 5 years though, it'll be depressing as fuck :p

As far as I understand:

920 has built-in wireless charging and no need for a case. Heavier as a result and slightly inferior camera to 925.

925 does not have built-in wireless charging and can only do so with the add on wireless charger case. It is lighter on it's own as a result. Has a slightly better camera than 920.

However I'm not certain on this so someone feel free to verify this.

Right thanks.

I assumed the 925's wireless charger was bundled in with every handset :/

FootballFan

Sleepless pls.

Was beating you 6-0, you send me a message if we can play again, I thought you meant after the match, but you quit instantly, thinking I wouldn't have proof of the humiliation.

Lucky for me, FIFA still had the score up on the friends list lol. 50th minute, 6-0. Would have ended even worse than Timu's score. :lol But since you quit, I couldn't put it on youtube like I did vs Timu :(

kyf34ih.jpg

YNWA

All I did was get even when I quit

Rematch anytime boyyyy :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Vertonghen at Barça would be amazing but I doubt it.

We should have bought him when he was still with Ajax.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sleepless pls.

Was beating you 6-0, you send me a message if we can play again, I thought you meant after the match, but you quit instantly, thinking I wouldn't have proof of the humiliation.

Lucky for me, FIFA still had the score up on the friends list lol. 50th minute, 6-0. Would have ended even worse than Timu's score. :lol But since you quit, I couldn't put it on youtube like I did vs Timu :(

kyf34ih.jpg

YNWA

So your PSN message was a lie then?

Timurid

Sleepless pls.

kyf34ih.jpg

YNWA

You only scored 3 goals and the rest were own goals. Our other matches weren't that bad.

Sleepless pls.

http://i.imgur.com/kyf34ih.jpg[IMG]

YNWA

[spoiler]All I did was get even when I quit[/spoiler]

Rematch anytime boyyyy :P[/QUOTE]

You completely depend on playing with the shooting on assisted, I put it on semi and you choked.

Move on FF, it's all about Killer now. If I beat him I'll be GOAT on PS3.

[quote="Yurt, post: 75599407"]So your PSN message was a lie then?[/QUOTE]

No, we played 3 games. One on manual, assisted and semi controls. The one he just posted was assisted, the one I posted was the semi controls match. (The only match that mattered frankly)

Arnie

Good god, only complete dumbfucks would choose Warrior as their kit maker
Only dumbfucks think football teams choose kitmakers based on their stylings and past work, rather than how much money they're paying.

:lol I see United lost, AGAIN.

Shock fucking horror.

Meier

I posted a bit about this in the MLS thread, but it looks like Orlando City to the MLS should be happening sometime soon!

945776_568540776537548_1348314590_n.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla.- Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer agreed to a deal that will complete funding of a downtown multi-purpose soccer stadium, one of the final steps the club has to bringing a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise to town. Announced after the Tourist Development Council (TDC) meeting in downtown Orlando Friday afternoon, the deal includes a $20 million pledge for the stadium- which will be put up to a final vote to the Orange County as well as City of Orlando Board of Commissioners at a later date.

“We’re one of the few communities in the country that can build outstanding facilities,” said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs. “ We are excited to be able to potentially bring a Major League Soccer franchise to Orange County.“

FootballFan

You completely depend on playing with the shooting on assisted, I put it on semi and you choked.

Move on FF, it's all about Killer now. If I beat him I'll be GOAT on PS3.

:lol you changed the controls and didn't even tell me???? wtf

First game was Manual, second was I don't know, third I don't know. :looooool no wonder.

edit
No but seriously, you should have told me if it was Manual/semi/assisted...how am I just supposed to guess. All you said was "it's not manual" lol. I would have tried to aim proper if I knew it was semi, not just shoot when I had opportunities.

Right thanks.

I assumed the 925's wireless charger was bundled in with every handset :/

I don't think I was clear, sorry. While it is true that often the wireless charger and case is bundled free with the 925, the case is an add-on to the device - so you have to put on the case every time you want to charge it wirelessly. In comparison with the 920 you can simply place the phone on the wireless charger without a case being necessary.

Slizz

I posted a bit about this in the MLS thread, but it looks like Orlando City to the MLS should be happening sometime soon!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945776_568540776537548_1348314590_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You guys certainly are closer, but I have a very strong feeling(semi-ITK) that Miami is also going to happen.

Beckham is trying to buy the Versace mansion right now.

FootballFan

oOaW8jV.gif

I found you out

I even posted it on whatsapp before the match

edit
No but seriously, you should have told me if it was Manual/semi/assisted...how am I just supposed to guess. All you said was "it's not manual" lol. I would have tried to aim proper if I knew it was semi, not just shoot when I had opportunities.

I literally just found out now what the controls were, 24 hours later lol. How is that fair. I am shocked I still dominated lol.

Meier

You guys certainly are closer, but I have a very strong feeling(semi-ITK) that Miami is also going to happen.

Beckham is trying to buy the Versace mansion right now.

I think Miami definitely will get a team as well but you guys have a long way to go on the logistics side of things. I'd imagine 2016 is probably more feasible unless something gets announced ASAP.. there's a lot of red tape and of course the construction time (although you get a grace period of the stadium is still under construction). Garber says 24 teams by 2020, so Orlando and Miami should be 21 and 22 after NYCFC.

In other news, Miggy D put up this article on Wazza Roon:
Wayne Rooney’s camp have informed Arsenal that the player has made up his mind to join Chelsea, sources close to the negotiations have told ESPN.

With the pursuit of Liverpool’s Luis Suarez reaching an exceptionally tense impasse, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has attempted to keep the Rooney option open as he seeks to bring in a forward.

Although the Manchester United man is understood to have made his huge admiration of Wenger clear to him, Rooney is determined to join Chelsea and team up with Jose Mourinho, something Arsenal have been notified of.
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1517948/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-heart-set-chelsea?cc=5901

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom