• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

juventus-hoody-black-2012-13.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT! We steal points AND iPhones.

damn, that's sexy. I'm not even a Juventus fan.

Kagawa looked utterly lost positionally on the left today. Either he's super rusty or he hasn't a clue how to play there. All his best games have been in the centre without a doubt.

He's never played with Januzaj or Henriquez. He can do a job on the left, but he's better behind the striker.

Some people are just overreacting to this game. He was great in his last pre season game. He still needs more game time to take off rust. Same goes for Valencia, and a few others.

I'm worried about chicha the most as he has only played in the closed door friendly against Betis and that was after spending no time on his fitness.

If you go used yeah, otherwise it's still the same as when it launched.

Ah, I wouldn't say it's worth it at full price then.

You can tell he's a Barca supporter eh?

"The grass was too long"

"The pitch was too wet"

"too dry"

"too short"

"too hot"

"Aggressive cunts"

"Submissive twats only playing on the counter"

I wouldn't post here if (big if) win Killer, FF was asking for it.

All that bottled bitterness, unbelievable.

it makes sense. müller came from onside and when he touched the ball he created a new "spielzug". mandzu was onside the moment müller toched the ball. it was always like this. this is not a new rule if I'm not wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3KQ9EqTBQ0

If you look at 0:03 you can see the moment Müller touches the ball mandzu is onside

I can't see fuck at all whether Müller touches it or Gladbach's defender.

The point is, Müller touches it -> goal, according to the new rule: defender touching it -> no goal. You can't tell me that makes sense to you. It doesn't matter which of the two touches it in the sense of Mandzukic scoring but one counts as a goal, the other one doesn't.

Clegg

£8.5m for a young, talented DM.

Would be the perfect player for us and would be a third of Fellaini's asking price. Why aren't we all over this guy?

kharma45

Yeah I don't really play games on my phone (RIP :(), so Whatsapp/Facebook/Twitter and IMDB are just about enough for me :p

Is there a guide or something in the phone that I can look at if I need help with something?

Just PM me or visit the WP thread :p iirc there is a help and tips thing that comes pre-installed but you shouldn't really need it.

If you don't play many games that's one major hurdle out of the way. Whatsapp is pretty good on it now after the latest update. Needs a new UI mind.

For Twitter there is a glut of good clients just like on Android and iOS, I just use the official one as it does what I need and the notifications are the most reliable and instant. For Facebook there is the app which is merely OK (also a beta version too if you want the latest features first) and also the People hub integration as well. As for IMDb I've never used the app, I always use Flixter.

subtles

I only saw a little bit of the game so I'd like to ask, was Kagawa's performance really as disastrous as you guys are making it out to be or was it just similar to Ozil on the wing where he doesn't really impact the game? He's an intelligent, technical player so I can't really see him being as ineffective on the wing as the reaction here would suggest,

spidye

I can't see fuck at all whether Müller touches it or Gladbach's defender.

The point is, Müller touches it -> goal, according to the new rule: defender touching it -> no goal. You can't tell me that makes sense to you. It doesn't matter which of the two touches it in the sense of Mandzukic scoring but one counts as a goal, the other one doesn't.

yeah but it was always like this. if you like it or not is another story

if the goal scorer is behind the defender the moment the pass is on the way (which mandzu was even if it was not a direct pass) it counts as a goal. this was always the rule. at least since I can remember.

Wilbur

Banned
£8.5m for a young, talented DM.

Would be the perfect player for us and would be a third of Fellaini's asking price. Why aren't we all over this guy?

because he doesnt play for real or barca so woodward can't pawn 25m bids lol

I only saw a little bit of the game so I'd like to ask, was Kagawa's performance really as disastrous as you guys are making it out to be or was it just similar to Ozil on the wing where he doesn't really impact the game? He's an intelligent, technical player so I can't really see him being as ineffective on the wing as the reaction here would suggest,

He was bad in the first half. Misplaced passes, didn't get on the ball enough, was just ineffectual; like you say, quite similar to Ozil on the wing.

He came in behind Januzaj in the second half and looked far more comfortable and confident; still didn't do too much but he was turning into space, linking up with the wingers and receiving the ball far more often.

Tell him you're a Moyes Boy to tip him over the edge. Plus #MoyesBoy

#Moyeezus #TheSecondComing #Fizzer

Just PM me or visit the WP thread :p iirc there is a help and tips thing that comes pre-installed but you shouldn't really need it.

If you don't play many games that's one major hurdle out of the way. Whatsapp is pretty good on it now after the latest update. Needs a new UI mind.

For Twitter there is a glut of good clients just like on Android and iOS, I just use the official one as it does what I need and the notifications are the most reliable and instant. For Facebook there is the app which is merely OK (also a beta version too if you want the latest features first) and also the People hub integration as well. As for IMDb I've never used the app, I always use Flixter.

Thanks dude! Will be pming you a lot then, as I pretty much suck with new UI :lol Android was a nightmare for me, I still wake up in cold sweats :p

Will also have a look at those links, cheers.

kharma45

Thanks dude! Will be pming you a lot then, as I pretty much suck with new UI :lol Android was a nightmare for me, I still wake up in cold sweats :p

Will also have a look at those links, cheers.

WP8 doesn't really have much depth like Android does so it's fairly easy to get to grips with. Start screen and then swipe right for all apps, that's it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQZEkXCE_fY

And before you ask, there is no rotation lock unless it's coded into the app :p it's not coming until GDR3 in November.

kharma45

Can't wait to get my Lumia 1020 in January... or are there usually new Lumia's that come out round that time?

New ones should be out in November when the GDR3 update comes out to enable 1080p and quad core SoCs in the OS, I would assume anyway. That's why I find it odd that Nokia went ahead with the 1020 now with GDR2 rather than waiting a few months.

New ones should be out in November when the GDR3 update comes out to enable 1080p and quad core SoCs in the OS, I would assume anyway. That's why I find it odd that Nokia went ahead with the 1020 now with GDR2 rather than waiting a few months.

Well I'm still on my 800 so even a 920 would be a hell of an improvement for me. Been tempted to join to Android but the OS doesn't tickle me fancy just yet. I have only like 30 apps on this thing too.

spidye

Robbery

http://i.minus.com/iby2cmBEaV1ItS.gif[IMG]

PotY

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ipOvyyL688Tew.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

HNNNNNNGHHHHHH

[img]http://www.sport1.de/media/_redaktion2012/sportarten_2/fuball20132014/diashows_90/bundesliga_9/1spieltag_17/arango-mueller_Diashow.jpg
what the hell is wrong with Müller's leg?

kharma45

Well I'm still on my 800 so even a 920 would be a hell of an improvement for me. Been tempted to join to Android but the OS doesn't tickle me fancy just yet. I have only like 30 apps on this thing too.

800 is a lovely little phone, feels so good in the hand. My brother has treated his like dirt and it's still alive somehow.

yeah but it was always like this. if you like it or not is another story

if the goal scorer is behind the defender the moment the pass is on the way (which mandzu was even if it was not a direct pass) it counts as a goal. this was always the rule. at least since I can remember.

I don't think you get it and because I don't think anyone else cares about this, I'm trying to make it clear in German because it's late and I'm quicker this way lol

Es geht ja gar nicht drum, dass ich etwas gegen das Bayern Tor habe. Ich hab nur diese schwachsinnige neue Regel angesprochen. Das ist vor der Regelerweiterung ein glasklares Tor, weil den Ball auf jeden Fall entweder Müller oder der Gladbacher berührt. Ist in beiden Fällen eine neue Spielsituation und das passive Abseits von Mandzukic nicht zu bestrafen.

Nach der neuen Regel ist das passive Abseits aber strafbar, wenn der Gladbacher einen unkontrollierten Ball spielt. Was hier der Fall wäre, falls er und nicht Müller den Ball berührt. Ganz offensichtlich ist es in dieser Situation für den weiteren Spielverlauf aber absolut egal, wer den Ball berührt. Mandzukic, desses Abseitsstellung strafbar sein kann, hat keinen Vorteil falls der Gladbacher den Ball spielt. Und andererseits hat Gladbach keinen Vorteil bzw. Bayern einen Nachteil, wenn Müller den Ball spielt. Aber trotzdem werden sie unterschiedlich bewertet, bzw. müssten sie unterschiedlich bewertet werden.

Im Endeffekt wird mit dieser neuen Abseitsregel alles nur noch komplizierter und zu einem gewissen Grad auch einfach dämlicher. Da entscheidet zum Teil nun eine Fußspitzenberührung über Abseits oder nicht, was für den Schiedsrichter extrem schwer zu erkennen und beurteilen ist.

jtb

Banned
Where are the Gustavo to Arsenal links coming from? anyone particularly reputable? I don't want to get my hopes up but I think he'd be a damn good addition to our squad...

Salvadora

Luis Gustavo today: "I believe that the English Premier League is of top quality and Arsenal definitely stand out"
In an interview with Bayerischer Rundfunk Radio today.

"I believe that the English Premier League is of top quality and Arsenal definitely stand out ... I love their style of play and I have been watching them for some time now ... However, like yourself I do not know what is happening on the other side at this moment"
Oh my, Reddit with the scoops.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oi that Juve hoody is fit as fuck.

But like......I dunno if I could wear club clothing that ISN'T the jersey. The idea sounds foreign to me. As if you're a wannabe pro dossing about in club clothing chilling with Pirlo in the pool room. But you're not a pro and you sure as shit aint cool enough to doss with Pirlo.

But these are made for the supporters not the players :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom