• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Bayern_20Muenchen_20v_20Borussia_20Moenchengladbach_20-_20Bund__33930079-1376076482.jpg

"Did you hear about Manchester United's signings?"

kharma45

Kharma (think you have a Lumia, right?)

Have a choice of a 920 or 925....

Can get 920 for £26 a month, unlimited data, 5000 texts

or 925 for £30 a month, same deal, but also includes a free wireless charger and case. In retrospect, this seems like the better deal. But I'm wondering if there's any difference between the phones other than the number? :p

I do, had a 920 and now have a 620.

I prefer the 920 for the inbuilt QI charging and bigger memory. Camera is marginally better on the 925 and its a sleaker device but I'm a 920 fan still.

What network you looking at?

I don't think I was clear, sorry. While it is true that often the wireless charger and case is bundled free with the 925, the case is an add-on to the device - so you have to put on the case every time you want to charge it wirelessly. In comparison with the 920 you can simply place the phone on the wireless charger without a case being necessary.

Ah, I see. That's not too bad then. Thanks.

Salvadora

Hope we get Gustavo wrapped up in the next 2-3 days. He would be helpful for our qualifers although I'm very confident we will beat Fener with the players we already have.
AFC Academy seems to think that Perez has a possibility of featuring at some stage against City tomorrow. That would be bonkers.

subtles

I posted a bit about this in the MLS thread, but it looks like Orlando City to the MLS should be happening sometime soon!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945776_568540776537548_1348314590_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm glad the sport is making strides in the US. The national team (M/W) is surprisingly strong when all factors are considered.

FootballFan

How would you not be able to tell what controls they were by playing the game you dumb fuck

Controls, as in, semi/manual/assisted, not alternate/classic wilbs lol. Difference between semi and assisted is small but important, especially when shooting.

If I missed a shot, I wouldn't automatically say "ohhh it must be semi" I'd just assume I missed. I hit the post twice and was just shooting like I would in assisted, had I known it was semi, I'd at least try aim.

He didn't let me invite him for a reason, he picked manual for the first game, assisted for the 2nd and semi for the 3rd without telling me. Pls wilbs tell me how that is fair lol. wilbs pls.

How else do you think a person that won seasons with 61-4-2 ratio and just beat Sleepless 6-0, loses the next game against him out of the blue? wilbs pls.

YNWA

I just play clubs basically (a little bit of FUT as well), but yeah I am on 360 with a pretty strong contingent. Gentle Lovers FC is planning to move to the PS4 for FIFA 14 though. If you're good, join up with the team! Clubs is by faaaaar the best mode in FIFA. Nothing else is close.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492566

Would like to join the team but honestly don't have the time really. Wouldn't mind giving you a FUT game though if we're both free sometime?

Wilbur

Banned
Controls, as in, semi/manual/assisted, not alternate/classic wilbs lol. Difference between semi and assisted is small but important, especially when shooting.

If I missed a shot, I wouldn't automatically say "ohhh it must be semi" I'd just assume I missed. I hit the post twice and was just shooting like I would in assisted, had I known it was semi, I'd at least try aim.

He didn't let me invite him for a reason, he picked manual for the first game, assisted for the 2nd and semi for the 3rd without telling me. Pls wilbs tell me how that is fair lol. wilbs pls.

How else do you think a person that won seasons with 61-4-2 ratio and just beat Sleepless 6-0, loses the next game against him out of the blue? wilbs pls.

YNWA

I know what you mean you turkey. The difference between assisted and manual is absolutely obvious and you'd be able to tell within three seconds. You'd likely be able to tell between semi and assisted one of the first times you took a shot as well.

Meier

Would like to join the team but honestly don't have the time really. Wouldn't mind giving you a FUT game though if we're both free sometime?

Sure, feel free to add me (abellwillring on pretty much everything) and we can give it a go! I am decent but not great -- won Division 1 once I think. Absolutely unable to do skill moves effectively. :lol

Barzul

ArsenalGAF It's been worrying me that Arsenal has not been linked to any left wingers so far. That position badly needs cover with Gervinho and Arshavin gone. Hoping we raid Anzhi or Fiorentina for Willian or Ljajic.

On a side note, Man Utds preseason form has been horrendous. It's like Moyes is showing all the faults we knew that team had, but Fergie had managed always found a way to overcome. Still to early to see how it affects their season, if at all.

Sure, feel free to add me (abellwillring on pretty much everything) and we can give it a go! I am decent but not great -- won Division 1 once I think. Absolutely unable to do skill moves effectively. :lol

We sound pretty even then. Though I should warn you I fucking despise throw ins.

Salvadora

ArsenalGAF It's been worrying me that Arsenal has not been linked to any left wingers so far. That position badly needs cover with Gervinho and Arshavin gone. Hoping we raid Anzhi or Fiorentina for Willian or Ljajic.
I think it's because Arsene thinks it isn't a position that needs a replacement, scarily. No need to buy when you can promote a youngster. Willian would be expensive, but a worthy investment if the search for a star striker has ended.

I'm dreading a last minute bargain bin dash.

FootballFan

I know what you mean you turkey. The difference between assisted and manual is absolutely obvious and you'd be able to tell within three seconds. You'd likely be able to tell between semi and assisted one of the first times you took a shot as well.

Yes assisted and manual are way different, first pass will show that.

Semi though, no. Because even in assisted you hit the post/miss. So when I did that on semi, I just assumed I hit the post on assisted, since he never told me he changed it.

:lol how can you be on his side when he is switching controls without telling me.

Wilbs pls.

YNWA.

1-1....6-0.....1-2

Not bad results considering the tricks and cheats. 8-3 aggregate.

Meier

I'd give Arsenal effectively a 1% chance at best to get Willian. They won't outbid City or Chelsea and Anzhi won't sell him cheaply. Wenger could spend a boatload on Suarez since he is an established star in the EPL.. no way the board would let him smash their transfer record by almost 2x to sign someone that your average fan thinks is an unknown.

Ljajic may be a realistic option though if he doesn't end up at Milan or City. Seems Milan has the pole position if he does move.

Wilbur

Banned

Semi though, no. Because even in assisted you hit the post/miss. So when I did that on semi, I just assumed I hit the post on assisted, since he never told me he changed it.

:lol how can you be on his side when he is switching controls without telling me.

Wilbs pls.

YNWA.

1-1....6-0.....1-2

Because who gives a fuck if he switches controls? You should be able to tell what controls they are, and if you're good enough, over a course of a match be able to adapt to it?

This is dumb, you're in the wrong here haha.

And some spork on Twitter is saying that replacing Rooney in the centre for Kagawa is absurd, that he's one dimensional and can only play in one position (before he cites him playing on the left for Japan), says that Rooney obviously would be interested a better deal from Chelsea but doesn't want to sell him despite me pointing out his interest in our club would then be compromised. I don't understand.

Wilbs pls.

YNWA.

1-1....6-0.....1-2

When the controls are locked the wireless controller options are gone in the menu after team select.

When it's hidden it's either manual or semi.

I sent you a message "It's not manual"

Thus it's semi.

:lol I don't mind losing, I think even Wilbs has beaten me haha(not with Liverpool though). But that controls thing is a bit cheap don't you think?

I shouldn't be spending the match wondering whether it's manual/semi/assisted lol.

Another reason why FIFA is poorly thought out. There shouldn't be independent control difficulty disparity between players. I actually can't believe a highly paid professional game designer put that in a mulitplayer game.

FootballFan

Sleeplessnights you're on your own with this one.
KuGsj.gif

FF did you play with K1LLER7?

:lol nope, he is waiting until I am healthy. Been sick lately, only have a sore throat/blocked nose now so I feel much better.

Killer7 is serious gamer I guess. :p

I hope he is a fair one too. haha

kharma45

Got my phone stolen today :(

so I kinda need a new phone soonish. Thanks for the recommendation though :)

925 will work better with the new stuff in the Nokia Amber update like Glance since it's Super AMOLED but for less cash, in-built charging and twice the storage I'm as I said in the 920 camp. It is a chunky phone but it never bothered me, I actually liked the weight.

Sorry to hear about your phone btw :\ another idea, what about the Lumia 820? Get it for like £130 and go Giffgaff at £10 a month for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of data?

Talented kid. Shame Arsenal plucked him from the US before he was here long enough to possibly play for our NT.

Didn't know he played in America! lol

Born in Germany, but moved to America at the age of 11. Moved from the US to the UK when he was 14 and now in the reserves at Arsenal at 16 years!

The new Cesc.

Salvadora

I'd give Arsenal effectively a 1% chance at best to get Willian. They won't outbid City or Chelsea and Anzhi won't sell him cheaply. Wenger could spend a boatload on Suarez since he is an established star in the EPL.. no way the board would let him smash their transfer record by almost 2x to sign someone that your average fan thinks is an unknown.

Ljajic may be a realistic option though if he doesn't end up at Milan or City. Seems Milan has the pole position if he does move.
Do City or Chelsea need Willian? I can see Chelsea being preoccupied with the Rooney affair and City prioritising a CB, or simply not spending. Doesn't seem like a player that either club would want to spend a considerable amount of money on.

Willian is an unlikely Arsenal target due to his price and position, but I think that if Arsene wanted to bid for him he would. The board would undoubtedly intervene if he was trying to spend over our limits, but he hasn't. They've shown that they don't really care about what goes on with our squad or on the pitch.

FootballFan

Because who gives a fuck if he switches controls? You should be able to tell what controls they are, and if you're good enough, over a course of a match be able to adapt to it?

This is dumb, you're in the wrong here haha.

Who gives a fuck? :lol I've been playing 70 games on assisted in online seasons with Liverpool, how can I adjust instantly to 2 different controls(manual/semi) after that many games on assisted.

I'd probably would have adapted to it actually, if I was told. I know it's wrong to assume but he just asked for a rematch during an assisted game, thought it would be the same in the rematch.

8-3 aggregate is what I'm holding onto since you all are against me.

YNWA.

lol at scrubs who play with anything but 100% manual in FIFA.

I only play PES in manual. You know who plays FIFA in manual? Freewheelin.

Freewheelin pls.

Wilbur

Banned
Who gives a fuck? :lol I've been playing 70 games on assisted in online seasons with Liverpool, how can I adjust instantly to 2 different controls(manual/semi) after that many games on assisted.

I'd probably would have adapted to it actually, if I was told. I know it's wrong to assume but he just asked for a rematch during an assisted game, thought it would be the same in the rematch.

8-3 aggregate is what I'm holding onto since you all are against me.

YNWA.

I only play PES in manual. You know who plays FIFA in manual? Freewheelin.

Freewheelin pls.

YOU PLAY ASSISTED ONLINE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

NO WONDER YOU HAVE SUCH A BIG WIN RECORD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom