• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Got 2 accumulators on the go today. Both £5 stakes.

Watford to beat Bournemouth
Wolves to beat Gillingham
Chesterfield to beat Cheltenham
Rangers to beat Brechin
Dortmund to beat Augsburg
Leverkusen to beat Freiburg

£58.88 return.

-----------------------------------------

Blackpool to beat Barnsley
Brighton to beat Derby
QPR to beat Huddersfield
MK Dons to beat Crewe
Oxford to beat Bury

£196.35

Second selection is more speculative but I'm pretty confident with the first lot. Pretty much as strong a list of "bankers" as I could find this week.

Who the fuck is this kid and where did Man United find him?

From that clip he really looks like the real deal. He's not one of those flashy youngsters who just fizzle out as they hit their early 20's. He reads the game well, fantastic vision, finds space well and can pick a great pass. He's got a great future, no doubt about it.

I need to know more.

All you need to know is that Madrid will snap him up before long.
lol

Zorc on the question if he could imagine Schlacke winning the league:
"It's hard to imagine something that has never happened in my whole life."

lol

Yeah, and why are we trying to sell them *both*? They're both better than Gio and Vucinic when it comes to hitting the back of the net.

Matri scored 8 goals in 12 appearances. Gets roughly 1 goal 4 shots, but not so amazingly he only gets 1.25 shot per game.

It took Vucinic almost 3 times as many games to score two more goals than Matri, and three times the chances.

Matri is simply more clinical. He'll do well next to Tevez who will take the need to make something creative happen off his shoulders.

Mastadon

Banned
£6m for Downing seems a little low to me, but if it means we buy a decent winger to replace him then happy days.

I can see the Downing + Carroll combo working well for West Ham.

He's Belgian/Albanian. Hasn't played for Belgium because his father wants him to play for Albania.

If he choses Belguim ill be scared.

I just hope we offer him a contract he deserves, also who is his agent?

Ed- of all the places Etto can go he would rather go back to Inter? Another past his peak striker scared to prove his talents in another league just like Villa.

He's pure class. Play him tomorrow please Moyes.

He just played 90 minutes so if he does play it will only be a couple of minutes.

As good as Januzaj is, I'm afraid we're going to lose him in a couple of years. That is unless United have a lot of special talent around him. Players want to play with the best players as it makes them feel even more special. That's one of the reasons why players want to flock to Madrid, Barca, and Bayern.

Wilbur

Banned
Got 2 accumulators on the go today. Both £5 stakes.

Wolves to beat Gillingham
Chesterfield to beat Cheltenham
Rangers to beat Brechin
Dortmund to beat Augsburg
Leverkusen to beat Freiburg

Followed your lead on this one but added Ipswich to beat Millwall.

Bet 10 quid, estimated return is 364. Have a feeling Dortmund will let us down haha

Tc91

He just played 90 minutes so if he does play it will only be a couple of minutes.

As good as Januzaj is, I'm afraid we're going to lose him in a couple of years. That is unless United have a lot of special talent around him. Players want to play with the best players as it makes them feel even more special. That's one of the reasons why players want to flock to Madrid, Barca, and Bayern.

He's gonna be getting some big hype soon if he gets some minutes in the PL and does well. Let's just hope he doesn't get ahead of himself and starts demanding shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Matri scored 8 goals in 12 appearances. Gets roughly 1 goal 4 shots, but not so amazingly he only gets 1.25 shot per game.

It took Vucinic almost 3 times as many games to score two more goals than Matri, and three times the chances.

Matri is simply more clinical. He'll do well next to Tevez who will take the need to make something creative happen off his shoulders.
And most of Mirko's goals were penalties and tap-ins too.

Quag wasn't so bad either, he's not the worst option on the bench surely.

leadbelly

Banned
That's one of the reasons why players want to flock to Madrid, Barca, and Bayern.

Do players really want to flock to Bayern?

Bayern have been one of the top teams in Europe for years. The difference with Bayern compared to Madrid and Barca is, they're not particularly a glamorous club. What attracts players to the big Spanish clubs is the status and glamour. Of course the history of those clubs has something to do with it as well, but it is the whole package.

Do players really want to flock to Bayern?

Bayern have been one of the top teams in Europe for years. The difference with Bayern compared to Madrid and Barca is, they're not particularly a glamorous club. What attracts players to the big Spanish clubs is the status and glamour. Of course the history of those clubs has something to do with it as well, but it is the whole package.

Right now yes. United used to have that status when Ronaldo was here as it was an exciting United side. Having the best players benefits you in the long run as well as kids grow up wanting to emulate their heros. More often than not, the best players in the world are the heroes. So many people look up to Zidane and are willing to go to Madrid because of him. Ozil is one of them. Varane was convinced by Zidane as well. Of course, money, history, and chance at trophies play a big part too.

Real and Barca are constants though.

He's gonna be getting some big hype soon if he gets some minutes in the PL and does well. Let's just hope he doesn't get ahead of himself and starts demanding shit.

That's what we said about Pogba and Pogba became a future goat for Juve. You have to make the kid feel wanted, but at the same time instill a drive to become one of the best.

edit: Apparently Wootton might go to Leeds.

Bumhead

Banned

Bet 10 quid, estimated return is 364. Have a feeling Dortmund will let us down haha

More worried about Watford to be honest, despite that being the one I was most confident about earlier.

leadbelly

Banned
Right now yes. United used to have that status when Ronaldo was here as it was an exciting United side.

Real and Barca are constants though.

Yeah, but they still never really had the pulling power of Real or Barca. If you look at it another way, it has been years since Real won the Champions League, yet I bet a greater percentage of players would snub Bayern to play for Real,

K1LLER7

This is Adnan Januzaj's MOTM display for Man Utd against Sevilla yesterday. He's 18 years old, doesn't even have his own wikipedia page, and he was easily our best player in preseason. - [5:53]

KuGsj.gif
Moyes better not puts him back into the reserve team. Adnan is class. Moyes needs to give him a role in First team. Could potentially breakthrough Into the first team if he's given playing time this season.

Yeah, but they still never really had the pulling power of Real or Barca. If you look at it another way, it has been years since Real won the Champions League, yet I bet a greater percentage of players would snub Bayern to play for Real,

I know. It's because Real has a lot of history, and are known for buying the absolute best players. Who wouldn't want to be on a team alongside legends? I never said Bayern are more attractive than Real. Real are #1. I'm saying Bayern are an attractive club right now more so than they were a couple of years ago.

Throwing history aside, who would you rather play alongside of? Ronaldo, Iker, Xabi, Ozil, etc.. or RVP, Valencia, Shinji, and Ashley fucking Young?

Wilbur

Banned
Langerak - Großkreutz, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Sahin - Aubameyang, Gündogan, Reus - Lewandowski

Let's do this!

Langerak? Where's Weidenfeller?

Pls don't screw me and Bummy out of money pls pls pls.

Looking forward to this though. Aubameyang and Reus on either side, fuck... the collective pace is ludicrous

More worried about Watford to be honest, despite that being the one I was most confident about earlier.

Wolves are gonna be a tough one to judge this season they should kick ass in that league but its an awesome ground to travel too so that could produce a bit of a cup tie feeling.

I think it will be a draw.

leadbelly

Banned
I know. It's because Real has a lot of history, and are known for buying the absolute best players. Who wouldn't want to be on a team alongside legends? I never said Bayern are more attractive than Real. Real are #1. I'm saying Bayern are an attractive club right now more so than they were a couple of years ago.

Throwing history aside, who would you rather play alongside of? Ronaldo, Iker, Xabi, Ozil, etc.. or RVP, Valencia, Shinji, and Ashley fucking Young?

Okay. They're certainly in a better position, yeah.

Langerak? Where's Weidenfeller?

Pls don't screw me and Bummy out of money pls pls pls.

Looking forward to this though. Aubameyang and Reus on either side, fuck... the collective pace is ludicrous

Weidenfeller is suspended for this match because he kept Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga with his red card :(

Langerak is fine, though, we've won every single match he played, including two matches against Bayern.

Zabojnik

Dunno.

brofist

just opened a bottle of cedevita :D

I'm old fashioned, make it myself. :p

cedevita.jpg

I hope we don't sell Matri. If Llorente and/or Tevez do poorly or get injured, we'll need somebody at least capable of scoring from time to time, and there aren't that many of those types of strikers available in Italy at the moment and the January market won't be much better. So, sell Quagliarella and keep Ale.

I'm of the same opinion, but Marry probably just wants to sell someone, whomever they come knocking for first.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is a sad day for football.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto 33m

Good luck to spurs all the best and many goal for them LOL COYS

2768.OldSnakeSalute.jpg

£6m for Downing seems a little low to me, but if it means we buy a decent winger to replace him then happy days.

I can see the Downing + Carroll combo working well for West Ham.

Brenton will save Scott Sinclair from his City hell

This is a sad day for football.

http://www.gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-76-89-05-Attached+Files/2768.OldSnakeSalute.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL :(

Payday 2 is so much fun!

I did the same but without Rangers cause it is already started. I blame both you cunts if it goes wrong.

Quiche needs a new computer case!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
WHAT!

We can't sell Disco Benny. Hopefully it's just one of his usual jokes...

Well it is weird that he says 'them' instead of us. Well find out what's going on in a few hours, if he isn't in the squad today then he's off.

There were links to Fener some time ago, it would be a brilliant send-off if he put Arsenal out of the CL with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom