• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
that attacking trident was incredible while it worked.

Messi-Eto'o-Henry treble winning attacking trident. also 2-6.

that attacking trident was incredible while it worked.

Messi-Eto'o-Henry treble winning attacking trident. also 2-6.

That was when tiki-taka was what you did while you were dancing around the pitch attacking from all angles, rather than something your did to simply keep the ball away from the opposition

Dunno. Think Spurs are favourites for fourth tbh (assuming Bale stays. )

They have a much better squad than last year, a manager who's implemented his philosophy which should prevent thrown away points like the Norwich draw, important players back from injury and its more likely that Bale will play well throughout the season than not.

Actually a lot of our important players are injured. At the moment we have 0 fit centre halves. It's not going to be an easy start to the season.

Actually a lot of our important players are injured. At the moment we have 0 fit centre halves. It's not going to be an easy start to the season.

How are your fixtures?

And I thought Kaboul was back in full training?

I think Sandro could be decent utility CB, has he ever played there before?

Does anybody know if this is the first time that Raheem Sterling has been in trouble with the law? For some reason I seem to remember a Liverpool player getting in trouble during last season but the witness didn't turn up at court or something.

Have faith in martino, believe.

I'd love it if he bought the more risky, quick, exciting tiki-taka back. It was amazing to watch, me and my brother would actually look forward to watching you lot batter your opponents because it was just majestic watching you in full flow. Everyone contributing, Messi going from world class potential to GOAT game-by-game. It was basically the football every fan dreams of watching their own team play. And then Guardiola voluntarily ruined it with his obsession for doing the non-obvious. What a twat.

@above, he was on trial half a year ago or so but the case was thrown out I think, either just before or just after he stood trial

GorillaJu

Does anybody know if this is the first time that Raheem Sterling has been in trouble with the law? For some reason I seem to remember a Liverpool player getting in trouble during last season but the witness didn't turn up at court or something.

It's not the first time for Sterling, no. As for the secon question I can't remember if it was Sterling or not but he definitely needs to get himself in order before he seriously damages his career.

Palace (A), Swansea (H), Arsenal (A). He's been training, but he hasn't played yet. Neither has Sandro.

Wow, North London derby that early. Nice.

Got a feeling Palace and Hull will be utter turd this season. Maybe throw the odd bizarre result in ala Reading, but overall they'll get relegated before May.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Palace (A), Swansea (H), Arsenal (A). He's been training, but he hasn't played yet. Neither has Sandro.

Kaboul did actually play a half in the first match against Swindon, the one Bale scored in. But I guess his knee wasn't quite ready, he's not played since then. It sounds like Vertonghen could make the first game, Dawson's injury is supposedly just a knock so he might be OK too.

I'm going to WHL today for the Espanyol match, excited to see Soldado and Paulinho for the first time.

Dutch site reports Barca have made an offer for Vertonghen, 27 million. Any english sites reporting it?

A few but they are all saying we rejected the idea immediately.

FootballFan

I'd love it if he bought the more risky, quick, exciting tiki-taka back. It was amazing to watch, me and my brother would actually look forward to watching you lot batter your opponents because it was just majestic watching you in full flow. Everyone contributing, Messi going from world class potential to GOAT game-by-game. It was basically the football every fan dreams of watching their own team play. And then Guardiola voluntarily ruined it with his obsession for doing the non-obvious. What a twa

Pep destroyed his own creation.

That was an incredible season though. I remember after losing the first league game and drawing the second, felt like shit, expected worse than the previous season when we came 3rd.

But then treble.

Kaboul did actually play a half in the first match against Swindon, the one Bale scored in. But I guess his knee wasn't quite ready, he's not played since then. It sounds like Vertonghen could make the first game, Dawson's injury is supposedly just a knock so he might be OK too.

I'm going to WHL today for the Espanyol match, excited to see Soldado and Paulinho for the first time.

He definitely didn't play against Swindon. It seems like they're being very careful with him. If he was near I would have expected him to play for the U21s against Chelsea last night.

Should be a good game today. I'm going to Swansea at home on the 25th

GODBIA-day?

Not happening. We're allergic to those types of smart buys.

Fucking sign someone Woodward, you cunt.

iRQPh2RM9hsBr.gif

Give us the Ogbia.

Ushojax

spidye

Pep destroyed his own creation.

That was an incredible season though. I remember after losing the first league game and drawing the second, felt like shit, expected worse than the previous season when we came 3rd.

But then treble.

Pep won his first game => quadruple?

Yen

Chav threatened to kill me last night. Said "go back to your own country… foreigner". Then he spat at me. Bizarre experience

subtles

I'd love it if he bought the more risky, quick, exciting tiki-taka back. It was amazing to watch, me and my brother would actually look forward to watching you lot batter your opponents because it was just majestic watching you in full flow. Everyone contributing, Messi going from world class potential to GOAT game-by-game. It was basically the football every fan dreams of watching their own team play. And then Guardiola voluntarily ruined it with his obsession for doing the non-obvious. What a twat.

@above, he was on trial half a year ago or so but the case was thrown out I think, either just before or just after he stood trial

How much would you attribute that to the decline of Xavi? Xavi was amazing against Italy in the Euros but hasn't been able to keep that level over the course of an entire season for some time now and has struggled with injuries/fitness. We all know Guardiola is a tinkerer that overdoes things at times but would you attribute the shift in principles to him proactively adapting to the metronome's decline?

Fuck whoever decided to sell Eto'o + 40m for fucking Ibra. God damn man. It still annoys me today.

In graham hunters book about Barcelona he said eto'o was sold because he wasn't putting any effort into training, turning up late all the time and causing rifts in the dressing room so the barca board wanted rid of him asap

Clegg

Found out Kondogbia would cost a lot more than £8.5m. Apparently that's the fee Sevilla would get if they sold him. But since he's fully owned by a third party group they would have to get paid too.

subtles

Chav threatened to kill me last night. Said "go back to your own country… foreigner". Then he spat at me. Bizarre experience

Damn, glad your ok. I remember I was once surrounded by a Hispanic gang on the edge of a cliff (quite the fall) and they interrogated me like they were going throw me off. It wasn't anywhere dubious either, it was on a neighborhood stroll in broad daylight.

Ushojax

I think Vermaelen was supposedly on Barca's CB shortlist, if everyone keeps rejecting their approach they'll eventually make a bid for him, doubt we'd say no to 27m.

Nobody would bid that for Vermaelen. I think he'd go for ~ €16m.

Fergie

Banned
Found out Kondogbia would cost a lot more than £8.5m. Apparently that's the fee Sevilla would get if they sold him. But since he's fully owned by a third party group they would have to get paid too.
Really dislike third party ownership.

I'm fucking amazed there has been no signings. Wonder what Fergie is thinking. Should have kept Gill.

YALxUlm.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kenny Dalglish on Suarez: 'I don’t think there is any way in this world that he will be sold to Arsenal'

Lightning

Banned
3 and a half hours until we play Man City. Why did we arrange a pre season game against these idiots for? Maybe the 4-0 hiding we're going to get will knock some sense into Wenger to push the deals over the line.

Fergie

Banned
3 and a half hours until we play Man City. Why did we arrange a pre season game against these idiots for? Maybe the 4-0 hiding we're going to get will knock some sense into Wenger to push the deals over the line.
Wouldn't it be better to increase the level of opposition as the pre-season ends?

Ushojax

Perez said 2 days ago 'we don't talk about other players'. In the last 24 hours:

Isco:

"The team is really balanced but if Bale comes he would be another plus, which is never a bad thing," Isco told the official Madrid website.

"He’s a great player. I think we already have a solid team, but he would be a good reinforcement."

Casillas:

'Last year it was Modric and now it’s "the Bale saga". The president (Florentino Perez) and (director general) Jose Angel Sanchez always do everything to try and bring the best players to the club.

'The current squad is complete in every area but if a player like Bale comes along, he’ll be welcomed.'

cunts-cunts-everywhere_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom