• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
3 and a half hours until we play Man City. Why did we arrange a pre season game against these idiots for? Maybe the 4-0 hiding we're going to get will knock some sense into Wenger to push the deals over the line.
Wenger is on a mission to show Higuain and Jovetic that they have made the right choice.

Next: Bernard's Shakhtar.

dc89

Fuck yeah this is how ya boy beans rolls.

uEOACc3.jpg

NOM NOM NOM

dc89

3 and a half hours until we play Man City. Why did we arrange a pre season game against these idiots for? Maybe the 4-0 hiding we're going to get will knock some sense into Wenger to push the deals over the line.

Heyyyyyyyy. We're not idiots. :(

Jojo will destroy you for saying this.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger is on a mission to show Higuain and Jovetic that they have made the right choice.

Next: Bernard's Shakhtar.
It wasn't Higuain's choice, it was ours. We dropped interest in him, not the other way around.

As for the other 2 bids were never made.

Heyyyyyyyy. We're not idiots. :(

Jojo will destroy you for saying this.
Yeah. 1 week before the PL starts Jojo destoys us by injuring himself for 6 weeks. lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"The current squad is complete in every area but if a player like Bale comes along, he’ll be welcomed"

Yeah what a cunt thing to say :lol

Why are they talking about a player they say they don't need?

Like I said, cunts.

Lightning

Banned
What's with all the boos then? Are you guys going to boo Jojo too?
I wondered the same thing. Maybe I should send a memo to those who attended asking why Higuain got boooed? And hopefully Jojo will be booed since he doesn't play for us instead plays for our competitior so I see little reason to cheer for him.

Zabojnik

I wondered the same thing. Maybe I should send a memo to those who attended asking why Higuain got boooed? And hopefully Jojo will be booed since he doesn't play for us instead plays for our competitior so I see little reason to cheer for him.

You've remained suspiciously clam throughout this transfer period after losing one target after another. Something's wrong. I fear what might happen if Arsenal fail to sign Suarez or Rooney ...

serenity_now.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabo, would you sell Matri to Napoli?

I don't know, he wasn't even a starter last season, was he?

And hopefully Jojo will be booed since he doesn't play for us instead plays for our competitior

Exactly.

You're just booing a good player because he doesn't play for you.

God, Lightning is so easy
KuGsj.gif

United in this transfer window are an embarrassment, like a drunk leching over to the hot women on the dancefloor, spilling his pint as he slurs his sexual advances, getting rejected by every one of them. The old lush is just about to advance on another fit young lady Miss Schweinsteiger, as everyone else cringes, covers their faces with their hands and gives each other pained looks.

He will get rejected again, go outside, spill a kebab down himself, shout about how he used to be a big deal and then go home with an ugly bird (Fellaini).

Such is life as post-Alex Ferguson Manchester United.

You did this to us Woodward.

Zabojnik

Zabo, would you sell Matri to Napoli?

I don't know, he wasn't even a starter last season, was he?

I ... don't know. My brain says 'sell him while you can still get good money for him', my heart wants us to keep all the players that contributed to the awesomeness of the last two seasons. But yeah, we should sell him, get Zuniga and be done with it.

Salvadora

City have looked defensively suspect from what I've seen of their pre-season, so I reckon we'll get some goals at the very least.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I ... don't know. My brain says 'sell him while you can still get good money for him', my heart wants us to keep all the players that contributed to the awesomeness of the last two seasons. But yeah, we should sell him, get Zuniga and be done with it.

He's perfect for them. -_-

And a much better vice-Higuain than Calaiò, obviously.

I say FUCK them, they won't let us have Zuniga so I don't see why we're even willing to give them Matri. I'd rather sell him to Norwich or Arsenal.

Zabojnik

I stopped caring about jrpgs about 8 years ago and never looked back, but I kinda want to see what all the fuss if about this Persona 4 game. I don't have a Vita though. Might get one with the PS4, but that won't be for a while. Should I get it for PS2 or is the Golden version that much better?

Splatt

I stopped caring about jrpgs about 8 years ago and never looked back, but I kinda want to see what all the fuss if about this Persona 4 game. I don't have a Vita though. Might get one with the PS4, but that won't be for a while. Should I get it for PS2 or is the Golden version that much better?

P4 is nothing special. Just another grindfest with decent story/chars. I got bored after 5 hours.

Salvadora

So have we. lol

And I don't trust our forwards at all against decent defending teams.
Bosscielny scored a great goal against them at the Etihad last season. We could've won that game if Gervinho didn't Gervinho.

Arsene is probably dead set on bringing on Zelalem, Akpom or other kids at some stage anyway. Sort of ruins any chance of victory.

leadbelly

Banned
You did this to us Woodward.

lol

I like that analogy.

Still, I think Fabregas would have genuinely improved United. If we end up with Fellaini it would just personify my disappointment. Not even David Moyes wants him really. Any bid for Fellaini would be because he couldn't get anyone better. It would just be a symbol of failure.

Arnie

Can't wait to see more of Aspas and Alberto today, especially the latter (because he was top against Valarenga). Final pre-season game against a good side and I'm hoping for more of the same in terms of tempo and how we press the opposition.

Really want to watch City versus Arsenal but my mates can't hack two friendlies in a row.

pappe

lol

I like that analogy.

Still, I think Fabregas would have genuinely improved United. If we end up with Fellaini it would just personify my disappointment. Not even David Moyes wants him really. Any bid for Fellaini would be because he couldn't get anyone better. It would just be a symbol of failure.

Fellaini would still be an improvement over Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs. so you should still be happy if we sign him.

LTWheels

Sigh, I need to make my fantasy football team for this year.

But I'm not really feeling the motivation this time. I know I will regret it if I don't make one before the season starts.

Can't wait to see more of Aspas and Alberto today, especially the latter (because he was top against Valarenga). Final pre-season game against a good side and I'm hoping for more of the same in terms of tempo and how we press the opposition.

Really want to watch City versus Arsenal but my mates can't hack two friendlies in a row.

I'm interested in seeing if we will look at playing Henderson on the right. Some of our best performances last season were whilst Hendo was on the left cutting in, with Coutinho in the centre.

If Rodgers plans to play Allen as the attacking midfielder with Coutinho on the left, why not Henderson on the right? Especially as he seems to want to get rid of Downing.

Splatt

You barely played it considering it takes around 80hrs to complete. It only gets grindy if you play it on the harder difficulties.

Dunno.

To me, the whole game felt designed around grinding for various stuff(social links, personas...)

It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't stuck in the same town for the whole game and every dungeon is copy-paste design which would make Halo designers blush.

So like any other jrpg, then. Fine, I'll pass, Cedevita-bro.

brofist

just opened a bottle of cedevita :D

leadbelly

Banned
Fellaini would still be an improvement over Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs. so you should still be happy if we sign him.

Anderson is a strange player really. If he was a better passer of the ball he could be one of the best midfielders in the world. His close ball control has always been really good,

L1NETT

Fancy a cheeky bet on first manager to be sacked.

Lambert, Hughes, Clarke and Bruce all at 33-1.

Holloway at 25-1 might also be a shout.

GHG

Gold Member

Who the fuck is this kid and where did Man United find him?

From that clip he really looks like the real deal. He's not one of those flashy youngsters who just fizzle out as they hit their early 20's. He reads the game well, fantastic vision, finds space well and can pick a great pass. He's got a great future, no doubt about it.

I need to know more.

LTWheels

Dunno.

To me, the whole game felt designed around grinding for various stuff(social links, personas...)

It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't stuck in the same town for the whole game and every dungeon is copy-paste design which would make Halo designers blush.

I can see why you would feel that way.

I personally have not really liked a JPRG since FFIX. I really like simulation and management games on the PC; so all the day-to-day time management stuff in Persona really clicked with me.

Yeah the combat aesthetics are just the most basic kind of dungeon-crawler. P4 is way more varied than P3's dungeon design though. I do feel though there is enough strategy in the actual combat to make it interesting though. But yeah, the main strengths of the game is not about the combat and dungeons, it's the other stuff.

I hope we don't sell Matri. If Llorente and/or Tevez do poorly or get injured, we'll need somebody at least capable of scoring from time to time, and there aren't that many of those types of strikers available in Italy at the moment and the January market won't be much better. So, sell Quagliarella and keep Ale.

leadbelly

Banned

Januzaj did play well in that game. Obviously it was always going to be seen as a poor performance by United by the fact they lost 3 - 1 but I did think they played better second-half. If they scored some of their chances it may have been seen a little differently.

We were weak in midfield I guess, but a big problem with United -- and it has been the same for a while -- is that we don't put enough pressure on the ball. In the second-half they did it because they had to, and it was a much more even contest.

Who the fuck is this kid and where did Man United find him?

From that clip he really looks like the real deal. He's not one of those flashy youngsters who just fizzle out as they hit their early 20's. He reads the game well, fantastic vision, finds space well and can pick a great pass. He's got a great future, no doubt about it.

I need to know more.

Went to Anderlecht at age 11 then went to United at age 16. Did really well in 2011/12 season, but got injured. Came back last season and did well for the u18, and was promoted to the u21 team at age 17. Became the best player for United's u21 team.

Fergie started to watch him around March (much closer than before) and started to rave about him and Powell. Januzaj was on the bench for United's last game and Fergie would have played him if United didn't have a joke of a defense that day.

Fergie told Moyes about Januzaj and Moyes took him on tour. Januzaj has impressed again.

Januzaj has always impressed because of his technique and his mature level of play. He played out of position as a striker towards the latter part of the u21 season and became much better at holding the ball up. You can lump the ball up to him and he will find a way to control it and shield it due to his balance.

GHG

Gold Member
Went to Anderlecht at age 11 then went to United at age 16. Did really well in 2011/12 season, but got injured. Came back last season and did well for the 18, and was promoted to the u21 team at age 17. Became the best player for United's u21 team.

Fergie started to watch him around March and started to rave about him and Powell. Januzaj was on the bench for United's last game and Fergie would have played him if United didn't have a joke of a defense that day.

Fergie told Moyes about Januzaj and Moyes took him on tour. Januzaj has impressed again.

He's not English then I'll assume? Bit of a shame if he's not because he looks an excellent prospect. Him and Wilshire in the same midfield would be frightening.

He's not English then I'll assume? Bit of a shame if he's not because he looks an excellent prospect. Him and Wilshire in the same midfield would be frightening.

He's Belgian/Albanian. Hasn't played for Belgium because his father wants him to play for Albania.

Razor554

Messi out for today's match

Barcelona line-up: Valdes - Alves Pique Mascherano Alba - Xavi Busquets Iniesta - Alexis Cesc Neymar

Well atleast Neygod, Asexis and Ceeeesc will put up a good show

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hope we don't sell Matri. If Llorente and/or Tevez do poorly or get injured, we'll need somebody at least capable of scoring from time to time, and there aren't that many of those types of strikers available in Italy at the moment and the January market won't be much better. So, sell Quagliarella and keep Ale.

Yeah, and why are we trying to sell them *both*? They're both better than Gio and Vucinic when it comes to hitting the back of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom