• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Left back and centre-back the priority by quite a distance. Enrique makes me cringe sometimes.
Cissoko should be wrapped up next week. Just need to sort out some things with Valencia apparently, Cissoko said that we've agreed terms with him and his agent.

I fully expect us to go back in for Papa.

Would like to see us move for Eriksen too.

Ah well. Should have played 2 more games like that instead of wasting our time with Valarenga and Melbourne Victory. Those games taught us nothing, this game did.

LTWheels

It's probably good for us to lose this game. Stops us going into the season with a false sense of security. Prepares us for a physical Stoke.

Arnie

Celtic are so solid.

Whenever somebody tells me they'd be relegated from the Premier League I always laugh.

Watched it in a top Irish pub in Covent Garden, too.

justjohn

Celtic are so solid.

Whenever somebody tells me they'd be relegated from the Premier League I always laugh.

Neil lennon is quite a good manager. I see him in the premier league in the next few years.

LegoArmo

Celtic are so solid.

Think we've got a good set of coaches now. Even the youth players looked solid, really organised.

Shagwell

Which part of this is his first game after months of not playing do you not understand?

Which part of I'm not holding it against him don't you understand?

He had a poor game. It's excusable because he's unfit and hasn't played in months. Pretty simple, I think.

Feorax

Our fans on twitter are horrific when something doesn't go our way. You'd think we'd just been relegated to league 2 and FSG had raped their sisters.

Enrique is pretty brass tbh. His competent defending does not justify the reams of attacks ruined by him, the amount of time he wastes fucking about on the ball, maneuvring it into positions where he can put himself under pressure and show off his strength, and the lack of understanding he has with everyone but Suarez.

Mastadon

Banned
Enrique is pretty brass tbh. His competent defending does not justify the reams of attacks ruined by him, the amount of time he wastes fucking about on the ball, maneuvring it into positions where he can put himself under pressure and show off his strength, and the lack of understanding he has with everyone but Suarez.

Yeah, he started so well and has pretty steadily declined since. Hopefully we get Cissokho wrapped up in the next couple of days.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs getting bummed a bit, from what I've seen Espanyol having everything.

Coutinho looks incredible, his passing and vision are on another level to almost everyone.

Could work on his decision making a tad, shot a few times where team mates were in better positions, but he's a delightful little player.

Coutinho looks incredible, his passing and vision are on another level to almost everyone.

Yep. One of those weird ones where he was the best player on the pitch, but you can;t really give him MotM since we didn't score :p

Him and Sturridge have a great understanding. The way he just shifts his marker by an inch with a tiny sidestep, and capitalises on that splitsecond lack of balance to run past them is insane

Does Izaguirre normally attack more than he did today?

Shagwell

Cissoko should be wrapped up next week. Just need to sort out some things with Valencia apparently, Cissoko said that we've agreed terms with him and his agent.

I fully expect us to go back in for Papa.

Would like to see us move for Eriksen too.

Where have you seen all this? I've not been keeping up with the rumours. Too maddening.

I haven't seen anything on the Papa front for weeks now, nor Eriksen for over a month. Cissokho seems to be pushing for a move. And I literally have no idea what happened with Diego Costa.

I'll just twiddle my thumbs and have faith though.

mellz

This seems to be official:

Subasic; Fabinho, Carvalho, Kurzawa, Abidal; Moutinho, Toulalan, Obbadi; Ocampos, Falcao, F-Carrasco

LegoArmo

Does Izaguirre normally attack more than he did today?

Much more. I guess he didn't feel safe to do so, with Tony Watt playing out of position on the left wing, not offering much cover.

Izzy is a really good player, great going forward, and alright in defence, he can make some stupid mistakes though, likes to dribble it around the back in dangerous areas.

Our fans on twitter are horrific when something doesn't go our way. You'd think we'd just been relegated to league 2 and FSG had raped their sisters.

The official forum on the official website is even worse, love going there to read the comments when we lose a match.

LTWheels

Where have you seen all this? I've not been keeping up with the rumours. Too maddening.

I haven't seen anything on the Papa front for weeks now, nor Eriksen for over a month. Cissokho seems to be pushing for a move. And I literally have no idea what happened with Diego Costa.

I'll just twiddle my thumbs and have faith though.

Have Atheltico even officially rejected the bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom