• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

:lol.

But really a Carrick - Gustavo midfield with Kagawa in front of them in a 4-3-3 would be great.

Although it's Moyes so you lot will probably play a 4-4-2 with Kagawa out wide.

I think Moyes prefers Fellaini tbh. He's worked with him at Everton and knows the strengths of his game. Would be more expensive than Gustavo though.

Clegg

Last time we were in the Comm Shield we scored a cracker against City. Hopefully we see this kind of play during the course of the season.

iAgm2Di9mDb6P.gif

GQman2121

Banned
There's a bunch of people outside the hotel where Chelsea are staying. Equipment by the entrance too. I think I'm just going to hop on the metro and head to the pub for three hours.

Clegg

We need to see more of this from Kagawa next season too. He was pretty decent until his injury. He needs to do better this season.

irAoGkaC3YGl3.gif

Salvadora

I hope we actually land Gustavo. Would be a fantastic signing.
Wenger's comments after the game made me hopeful that he will bring in reinforcements before the end of the window. The pessimist in me might've suspected that he would've commended the current crop of players rather than hint at any incoming, but he said this:
I think what is important is the strength of the squad. Today is one game. We want to play 55 games and we are maybe a bit thin squad-wise to go through a whole season.

Clegg

Clegg in desperation land already.
No, not really.

Tomorrow is our opening game of the season. Just posting some of my thoughts for the game/next few months.

Did you miss the bit where I was talking about our opening game two seasons ago and how I hoped to see similar play?

dc89

I don't think he's even playing LB. Looks like he's in the center mostly.

:O yeah he can play center too. Ah well, just send him back in good order PSV.

Last time we were in the Comm Shield we scored a cracker against City. Hopefully we see this kind of play during the course of the season.

iAgm2Di9mDb6P.gif

I fondly remember De Gea's first moments in English football.

:(

Clegg

Last time we played Wigan we flattened them. We can actually lay good football when we try. Need more of this next season:

iR1ooxEVYyrNt.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Bremen have already won, PSV are beating NEC and Porto kick off at home against a side I've never heard of before in the Portugese cup in 10 minutes.

MOAR MONEY PLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom