• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DFB cup draw means there'll be two matches in the Allianz Arena this round because both Bayern and 1860 got a home match (Bayern - Hanover, 1860 - BVB). There'll be one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

I'd be surprised if we didn't play on Wednesday, DFB can't risk Bayern playing on a shitty pitch in their own stadium lol

D_prOdigy

@MiguelDelaney 8m:

Moyes says United are "closer" to bringing people in but, "if we don't, happy to go forward"

7fTQ2TR.gif

Beister scored? Great to see, he looked great on his loan in Düsseldorf 2 season ago. Hope he got over his cunt phase from last season. Or maybe he just has to play because HSV's squad is rather thin.

GHG

Gold Member
Proof is in the pudding, pal.

ie. Rafael's onion hamstrings

:lol :lol :lol

Nope.

His contract's performance based, but there's a base salary that he'll receive. And then we might fine him for just being a twat.

Because this is going to make him want to stay more right?

I think you guys are right to play hard ball with him and I understand your stance of not wanting to let him come to us as it makes my blood boil every time I see RVP these days, but these things need to be done in private and not via the media. In football you never say never and if somehow he ends up in an Arsenal shirt a lot of your non-playing staff are going to be made to look like idiots.

fuenf

The DFB cup draw means there'll be two matches in the Allianz Arena this round because both Bayern and 1860 got a home match (Bayern - Hanover, 1860 - BVB). There'll be one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

I'd be surprised if we didn't play on Wednesday, DFB can't risk Bayern playing on a shitty pitch in their own stadium lol

I don't know I guess it will depend on which game will be televised. Both would be an interesting option, I guess whoever plays on TV will get Wednesday slot.

I don't know I guess it will depend on which game will be televised. Both would be an interesting option, I guess whoever plays on TV will get Wednesday slot.

Are you serious? As if they'd even think about showing any other match than the Bayern - Hanover one.

I'm very excited for 1860 - BVB but that's only because both are awesome clubs that I like but it's not going to be all that interesting for the whole country. If it somehow got shown on TV, that would be a huge defeat for Bayern.

Hey guys.

Got myself a Lumia 925 yesterday, having fun with it so far. Very nice phone. Also managed to get out of my contract with EE, good riddance. One less thing to worry about.

basically been out of the loop with Arsenal transfers for a bit too. Any news?

fuenf

Beister scored? Great to see, he looked great on his loan in Düsseldorf 2 season ago. Hope he got over his cunt phase from last season. Or maybe he just has to play because HSV's squad is rather thin.

Wait Schalke is losing? I thought Draxler, Meyer and Goretzka are already the new Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar.

Are you serious? As if they'd even think about showing any other match than the Bayern - Hanover one.

I'm very excited for 1860 - BVB but that's only because both are awesome clubs that I like but it's not going to be all that interesting for the whole country. If it somehow got shown on TV, that would be a huge defeat for Bayern.

Normally I'd agree with you but with them already having shown the Rehden match, they might switch things up this time around.

dc89

Moyes couldn't answer the question - "why would you keep a player who wants to leave?"

Moyes said United are "closer" to signing new players. But he said he'd be happy to go in to the season with the current squad.

I'd be happy too. Very happy.

spidye

How were they?

first half pretty bad and slow

second half with Götze and Ribery on pretty good. some nice link ups between Shaq, RIbery and Götze. looked like they played the whole life together

Götze was awesome. especially for someone who has not played a match in 3 months

Arnie

Because this is going to make him want to stay more right?
We're not pandering to have him stay, we're disciplining him for misconduct and holding him to the terms outlined in his extensive contract.

It's not our job to woo Suarez into wanting to play for us, it's Suarez's job to wrap his head around the fact that he will be playing for us next season, or at least until January when a viable club comes in for him.

I think you guys are right to play hard ball with him and I understand your stance of not wanting to let him come to us as it makes my blood boil every time I see RVP these days, but these things need to be done in private and not via the media. In football you never say never and if somehow he ends up in an Arsenal shirt a lot of your non-playing staff are going to be made to look like idiots.
Why don't these things need to be done in the media?

Our PR team has taken a battering over the last few years, but they've been superb throughout this entire saga. Do you know how good it feels to have owners who're, at least on this issue, verbally in line with the fans?

When John Henry flies over from the US to tell the world's media that we aren't fucking selling to Arsenal at any cost, it's great.

Your final point is strangely ironic. There's more chance of me being sucked off by Jessica Alba in block 205 of the Kop whilst Fabio Borini scores an overhead kick, than there is of Suarez playing for Arsenal.

That you (and a couple of others here) simply cannot, for whatever reason, grasp that fact makes your entire fanbase look like dullards by proxy. At least United fans had the foresight to accept that Fabregas was a hilariously misguided chase; you guys still think you've got a chance of signing Suarez.

It's Sanago.

dc89

Moyes was asked why United persued Cesc when there was little chance of it coming off.

"Because we go after the best players in the world."

Meier

The Community Shield must have been a nightmare to watch. 6 shots total for United with the only 2 on goal going in and just 1 shot total for Wigan? Zzzz....

CrunchyB

Have you seen Vitesse, Feyenoord and Utrecht lately?

RKC - Vitesse, 4-2
Feyenoord - FC Twente, 1-4
FC Groningen - FC Utrecht, 2-0

I think this bears repeating :D
Another crazy Eredivisie weekend, last year's sub-top is getting trashed this week. All except FC Twente, of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom