• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Lol, this is brilliant. First time I see it.

mentre-tu-facevi-oh-noo.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Luis Suárez: Since joining, Liverpool have won just 37.8% of their Premier League games with Suárez starting, compared to 62.5% without him

LTWheels

He's a backup LB who isn't our first choice RB. I'm already sold.

Heard he was a bit of a beast back when he was with Porto. If he's shite, well it's only a loan.

From what I've heard that Roger's way of playing is closer to how he played under Porto. So hopefully that could get him playing better again.

But like said, if not it's only a loan.

Welbeck was above average today. I thought Cleverley was average. Didn't do anything wrong, but didn't do much of anything as well. Zaha looked below average. He looked like he was trying to do too much.

RVP and Carrick were great.

Welbeck has a great first touch outside the box and is great at holding up the ball. Once he's in the box, his first touch becomes crap.

Keio

For a Finer World
I'm still seething from the Van Rhijn red card & penalty. Ajax was so close to putting it away at 1-2, then that travesty happened.

GHG

Gold Member
We're not pandering to have him stay, we're disciplining him for misconduct and holding him to the terms outlined in his extensive contract.

It's not our job to woo Suarez into wanting to play for us, it's Suarez's job to wrap his head around the fact that he will be playing for us next season, or at least until January when a viable club comes in for him.

Why don't these things need to be done in the media?

Our PR team has taken a battering over the last few years, but they've been superb throughout this entire saga. Do you know how good it feels to have owners who're, at least on this issue, verbally in line with the fans?

When John Henry flies over from the US to tell the world's media that we aren't fucking selling to Arsenal at any cost, it's great.

Your final point is strangely ironic. There's more chance of me being sucked off by Jessica Alba in block 205 of the Kop whilst Fabio Borini scores an overhead kick, than there is of Suarez playing for Arsenal.

That you (and a couple of others here) simply cannot, for whatever reason, grasp that fact makes your entire fanbase look like dullards by proxy. At least United fans had the foresight to accept that Fabregas was a hilariously misguided chase; you guys still think you've got a chance of signing Suarez.

It's Sanago.

I find it equally hilarious that some Liverpool fans seemingly think that its impossible that he would still come to us. There's still a long way to go in this saga. Liverpool have gone from saying "you're short of our valuation" to "we're not selling to you" in the matter of a couple of weeks. Right now all the PR team are doing is exactly what you described, keeping the fans happy and on side. Whether what is being mooted in the media is true or not is a different story.

Arnie

I find it equally hilarious that some Liverpool fans seemingly think that its impossible that he would still come to us. There's still a long way to go in this saga. Liverpool have gone from saying "you're short of our valuation" to "we're not selling to you" in the matter of a couple of weeks. Right now all the PR team are doing is exactly what you described, keeping the fans happy and on side. Whether what is being mooted in the media is true or not is a different story.

It is impossible for him to come to you. It's over.

And that you don't actually understand what's happened so far explains why you know so deluded about what's to come. We said from day one that Suarez wasn't for sale. Ian Ayre told Arsenal that explicitly, in the same conversation where he outlined that a bid of £40 million wouldn't force us to sell. What happens next? Arsenal don't listen, and neither did you, seemingly. Who's the one looking foolish now?

You can't tell the difference between a manager's comment, or a club statement, and the owner of the club crossing continents to emphatically declare a deal between these two clubs impossible. Like, you think that entire thing was just to make the fans happy for 14 days whilst they wheel and deal in the background. That's lunacy.

Fuck CSKA.

They are a bunch of cunts. We were very close to a deal, but their Honda replacement got injured, so they threw a public temper tantrum and blamed us for "acting improperly," just so they could avoid looking stupid or desperate for backing out of the deal. They could have just been honest and said they need Honda for another few months because of the injury, but no, why not damage relations between two important clubs instead.

What are you talking about? Milanov? He's not injured, he was on on the bench for their last game. Definitely not the reason for no deal being reached. And at no point did any source out of Russia, close to CSKA, said a deal was ever close.

L1NETT

Personally, still think Wenger should have done more to get Berbatov as part of the RVP deal.

But alas he isn't 26 or younger, or french so no dice. Can tend to be stuck in his ways sometimes.

Showaddy

Personally, still think Wenger should have done more to get Berbatov as part of the RVP deal.

But alas he isn't 26 or younger, or french so no dice. Can tend to be stuck in his ways sometimes.

How much did Berbatov go for in the end? £4 million was it? That's an insane price for anyone as good as him regardless of age.

Clegg

More interesting was the role of Welbeck, particularly as he was playing in the support striker role more commonly filled by Wayne Rooney. Welbeck's lack of goal threat remains something of a concern, but his touch, positioning and link-up play are always extremely impressive
Mah boy Danny.

Too bad he's shit and not United quality.

Salvadora

He said that Man U didn't offer him young players to swap with RVP, and City offered some good ones but Robin wanted to go to Man U.

So what he said is bollocks.
He said this:
“No (I was never interested in him) because he went to Man United.” Wenger said

“I didn’t even know that Man United wanted to sell him. He went to Tottenham from Bayer Leverkusen. At that time we didn’t look for strikers. We had what was needed.”

“I knew that he was a good player because I’ve seen him with Leverkusen but I was never on the case (to sign him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom