• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
I've had an awful day of betting today.

Took out my £130 from yesterday so not lost that, but I have lost everything else I put on today. Dinamo Kiev are going to fuck up another accumulator at this rate.

Still could win £100 tonight across some other bets but its not long good.

Just started a new Football manager with Dortmund, it's quite fun.

Tried to ship off Götze to Stoke but 2m for a loan was too much for those idiots. So I sold him to Fergie and he doesn't even make it to the bench :lol

Tc91

Just started a new Football manager with Dortmund, it's quite fun.

Tried to ship off Götze to Stoke but 2m for a loan was too much for those idiots. So I sold him to Fergie and he doesn't even make it to the bench :lol

Why don't you download the transfer update and have Mickey/Aubaegemameang at Dortmund?

Showaddy

So apparently Tottenham are now close to finalising a deal for Alen Halilovic, guys really young though so it's clearly one for the future.

Anyone know anything about him other than what's on wikipedia because I'm drawing a blank?

Mastadon

Banned
So apparently Tottenham are now close to finalising a deal for Alen Halilovic, guys really young though so it's clearly one for the future.

Anyone know anything about him other than what's on wikipedia because I'm drawing a blank?

He's a beast on FM if that helps!

Splatt

He's so scrawny that on a cold and rainy night at Stoke's, the wind could blow him off the pitch.

I watched him play once or twice, he's nothing special.

Clegg

From The Times. We still want a marquee signing and will bid around £30m for Fallaini and Baines; undervaluing them by £10m.

Good luck with that.

However, Moyes remains set against any consideration of a sale and is focused on pushing through moves for a star creative midfielder, having missed out on Cesc Fabregas, and for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.

Despite reports, Luka Modric is not believed to be among United’s current key targets. A double offer for Fellaini and Baines is likely but it may be in the region of £30m – about £10m less than Everton believe the pair are worth.

A £23.5m get-out clause in Fellaini’s contract elapsed on August 1 without any club willing to meet it. Meanwhile, United have signalled they are not inclined to improve on a £12m offer for Baines.

Slizz

So lets say instead of 30m we bid 40m, do we think Everton would play ball immediately? I'm not too sure, the lowball seems worth it if we don't sit on our hands and make a better bid after.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
c563d9c2-21ba-47bc-b548-08c38c5172df.jpg

6cbf7cd2-1a68-4f29-a4df-149e50a577a7.jpg
The Conte effect.

To be fair we do this every year there.
3AQmK.gif

sohois

I just casually play that stuff like once a year, only have the version from 2011. Had to sign Reus and got trouble for spending too much haha

I'm surprised Reus cost that much, he was shite in 2011. I, too, have not updated beyond 2011 and recently played a game with Dresden for a few years. I looked up Reus when got to the Bundesliga but he was a free agent with like 2 games played in the previous 2 years.

Clegg

So lets say instead of 30m we bid 40m, do we think Everton would play ball immediately? I'm not too sure, the lowball seems worth it if we don't sit on our hands and make a better bid after.

We could play these kind of games if it was still July. But right now there's less than a week until the start of the season and only 3 weeks until the transfer window shuts.

We can't afford to dick around with this offer. If it drags on Everton could refuse to deal with us coz they won't have time to find replacements.

All I know is that he's been a hyped up youngster for quite a while now. And he's still only 17.

Slizz

We could play these kind of games if it was still July. But right now there's less than a week until the start of the season and only 3 weeks until the transfer window shuts.

We can't afford to dick around with this offer. If it drags on Everton could refuse to deal with us coz they won't have time to find replacements.

I get the feeling there is finally some urgency in the front office, don't think we will dick around too long.

EDIT: Also this was the most obvious move United were to make right when Moyes was appointed. I got a feeling they know what they need to do at this point.

*fingerscrossed*

Showaddy

All I know is that he's been a hyped up youngster for quite a while now. And he's still only 17.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of hype for him and the sums of money being thrown about regarding his cost seem insane so I figured it was either: a) Journo bullshit or b) He's must be seriously good.

LegoArmo

No way. Evra gonna Evra. Rafa out for a month, Buttner; while I like him is, often as bad as Evra.

Evra is a good player. United fans jump on his every mistake, and you didn't even mention Fabio, who's young and very talented.

Baines is about a 10 percent upgrade for a ridiculous price. No thanks.

Slizz

Evra is a good player. United fans jump on his every mistake, and you didn't even mention Fabio, who's young and very talented.

Baines is about a 10 percent upgrade for a ridiculous price. No thanks.

How much longer do you have Evra at United though? I like him cause hes a hilarious locker room guy and on the pitch he's a twat that gets under peoples skin. He does however often get beat WAY too easily, especially against CL opponents.

jtb

Banned
Honigstein:
To expand on Gustavo/Arsenal: feeling in Munich is that he's off but earlier this evening, Rummenigge said LG hadn't decided yet

hmm... regardless of what happens with Suarez, Gustavo would be a good signing. Frankly, I think signing him (or a player in that mold) is more important than signing a striker.

Lightning

Banned
Honigstein:

hmm... regardless of what happens with Suarez, Gustavo would be a good signing. Frankly, I think signing him (or a player in that mold) is more important than signing a striker.
Can you imagine the awesomeness of Gustavo/Arteta defensive pivot with Wilshere and Cazorla pushing forward. Would be awesome.

But he hasn't decided to join us yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom