• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Arsenal's midfield is already class, but Gustavo would be a good addition considering they never truly replaced Song.

Also interesting that five of the league's better teams would have deep Brazilian midfielders. That's if we're counting Anderson as a human rather than an environmental obstacle.

jtb

Banned
Can you imagine the awesomeness of Gustavo/Arteta defensive pivot with Wilshere and Cazorla pushing forward. Would be awesome.

But he hasn't decided to join us yet though.

Yup. I think we have a pretty good chance of getting him to join us; he already won the treble as a role-player, we would almost certainly be giving him a more important role in the team. Seems a fee may have already been agreed to (?) or at least it won't be an issue, just waiting on whether Gustavo wants to leave.

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal's midfield is already class, but Gustavo would be a good addition considering they never truly replaced Song.

Also interesting that five of the league's better teams would have deep Brazilian midfielders. That's if we're counting Anderson as a human rather than an environmental obstacle.

:lol

Ramires and Anderson aren't fitted to play deep though, the fucks. Much better running at defences towards the goal.

I need to burn these:

eWMpoZJ.jpg

Yep

Hixx

Cabral isn't actually Brazilian.

Lightning

Banned
Yup. I think we have a pretty good chance of getting him to join us; he already won the treble as a role-player, we would almost certainly be giving him a more important role in the team. Seems a fee may have already been agreed to (?) or at least it won't be an issue, just waiting on whether Gustavo wants to leave.
@honigstein: But it's only a question of him agreeing personal terms - valuation not an issue.

Should be a formality but you never know in this world.

Arnie

Ramires and Anderson aren't fitted to play deep though, the fucks. Much better running at defences towards the goal.
Sandro, Lucas, Fernandinho, Andesron, and Gustavo. Ramires is like a garden hose that's flapping about with excessive water pressure, and he's about as combatative as an Innocent Smoothie.

We've got a week to add a single quality signing before the season starts. Was Papa in the Schalke squad today?

Hixx

Quagliarella wants to come to SAFC, numerous people have said this today (and sources that have been spot on in the past).

Sticking point is we want loan with option to purchase. Nobody is sure what Juve will say to that.

Wilbur

Banned
Okay its time for my predictions. Viva, buckle up.

Premier League

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Liverpool
7. Newcastle United
8. Swansea City
9. West Ham United
10. Everton
11. West Bromwich Albion
12. Norwich City
13. Southampton
14. Aston Villa
15. Fulham
16. Sunderland
17. Cardiff
18. Stoke City
19. Hull
20. Crystal Palace

FA Cup - Chelsea
League Cup - Tottenham
Player of the Year - Eden Hazard

La Liga

Champions - Barcelona
Europe - Real Madrid, Valencia, Atletico
Relegated - Rayo Vallecano, Celta de Vigo, Elche
Copa del Rey - Barcelona

Serie A

Champions - Juventus
Europe - Milan, Fiorentina
Relegated - Livorno, Verona, Sassuolo
Coppa Italia - Napoli

Bundesliga

Champions - Bayern Munich
Europe - Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke 04
Relegation Playoff - Hertha Berlin
Relegated - FC Augsburg, Eintracht Braunschweig
DFB-Pokal - Borussia Dortmund

Ligue One

Champions - Paris St Germain
Europe - Marseille, Monaco
Relegated - Nantes, Ajaccio, Guingamp
Coupe de France - Marseille

Championship

Champions - QPR
Promoted - Watford
Playoffs - Notts Forest, Reading, Leeds, Ipswich
Relegated - Doncaster, Millwall, Yeovil

Champions League winners - Real Madrid
Europa League winners - a team that gets knocked out the CL of course

Eredivisie winners - Ajax
Primeira Liga winners - Porto
Russian Premier winners - CSKA
Danish Superliga relegation - Copenhagen

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur why did you come in the mumble you fucked our form up

i came in to chat to you guys but you were just mean to me so i left

also before you call out sunderland for being 16th in my predictions it was getting tough down the bottom and i think you'll have a bad start because of all your new signings but then come together in the end, could easily finish 12th

stoke or cardiff to go down and i only went for stoke because mark hughes is a cunt

well fuck now i just keep on going

Zabojnik

Quagliarella wants to come to SAFC, numerous people have said this today (and sources that have been spot on in the past).

Sticking point is we want loan with option to purchase. Nobody is sure what Juve will say to that.

So basically you're trying to outmarotta Marotta. Could work, he'll never see it coming.

Doesn't really count, we got Llion on a free. And I think we'll come good for us, just needs a bit of time.

Premier League

1. Manchester United*

tumblr_mr2au368S11staej2o1_500.gif

2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Liverpool
7. Swansea City
8. Everton
9. Newcastle United
10. Southampton
11. West Bromwich Albion
12. Cardiff
13. West Ham
14. Aston Villa
15. Fulham
16. Sunderland
17. Norwich
18. Stoke City
19. Hull
20. Crystal Palace

*I reserve the right to change that pick if signings do not happen

Juve, Dortmund, and Barca to win their leagues.

Can you imagine the awesomeness of Gustavo/Arteta defensive pivot with Wilshere and Cazorla pushing forward. Would be awesome.

But he hasn't decided to join us yet though.

All that plus Sanogo causing havoc up front over the course of a Ballon d'Or winning season...

In Wenger we
t
rust

bjaelke

We should all post the predictions Friday so they're easier to find at the end of the season.

Also what the fuck is Assaidi on?

tumblr_mr80jlgDzb1ruzhcvo2_500.gif

Wilbur

Banned
We should all post the predictions Friday so they're easier to find at the end of the season.

then i shall post it again on friday and will probably have amended it
such is the way

got a good feeling about Norwich. They've bought well.

everyone who doesn't put Chelsea as the PL winners deserves to get slapped with a donkey's cock.

PL: Chelsea
Krauts: Dortmund
Chorizos: Barcelona
Frogs: PSG
Dutch: Ajax
Us: Benfica
Sri Lanka: Blue Star

CL: Chelsea
EL: Spurs

Labadal

Premier League

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Manchester City
4. Tottenham Hotspur
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool
7. Swansea City
8. Everton
9. West Bromwich Albion
10. Southampton
11. Norwich City
12. Aston Villa
13. Newcastle United
14. West Ham United
15. Fulham
16. Stoke City
17. Sunderland
18. Cardiff
19. Hull
20. Crystal Palace

FA Cup - Liverpool
League Cup - Aston Villa
Player of the Year - Bale if he stays, if not; Saurez (no matter who he plays for!)

La Liga

Champions - Real madrid
Copa del Rey - Real Madrid

Serie A

Champions - Juventus
Coppa Italia - Milan

Bundesliga

Champions - Borussia Dortmund
DFB-Pokal - Borussia Dortmund

Ligue One

Champions - Paris St Germain
Coupe de France - Monaco

Champions League winners - Liverpool
Europa League winners Chelsea

Eredivisie winners - Ajax
Primeira Liga winners - Porto
Russian Premier winners - CSKA
Danish Superliga relegation - Copenhagen

Arnie

Nice one Ouassama for ruining what could have been a fucking brilliant gif.

Although he is funny, though. He reminds me of Karl Pilkington.

jtb

Banned
This is probably going to sound ridiculous coming from an Arsenal supporter, but I actually think, after Arsenal, Chelsea have the biggest chance of dropping out of the top 4. with all the new managers, tons of new signings, I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of shake-up in the established order. I can't see past City for the title.

I'll do my prediction table the day before the season starts, then compare it to the table I made at the start of the off-season. The results will be interesting to nobody, least of all, me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom