• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
It's been said, here and elsewhere, that Moyes is extremely detailed and overly so in his assessment of players and transfer targets.

This extract from a new book delves into that, pretty interesting read for anybody but especially United fans on how Moyes works.

Explains why he brought his coaching staff over and why that's so essential for him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/scouting-system-that-reveals-david-moyes-mind-8756011.html

so

thousands of targets

and we can't sign one player

WHY MOYES

Interesting though, cheers Viva. A bit fruity, but fuck if it isn't well thought out.

FootballFan

ManUtd-gaf when are you signings someone, from Rumbo to Stroots to Thiago to Cesc to Fellaini. Otherwise my hopes are on Pellegrini to make Mou cry.

Dedicated to Januzaj,
by Darius Rucker ft Moyes - I Got Nothing.

But I got nothin'
No magic words
To stop your leavin'
To end this hurt
I'm just blank
I'm just staring into space
Praying please, please let me think of something
Cause I got nothin'

so

thousands of targets

and we can't sign one player

WHY MOYES

Interesting though, cheers Viva. A bit fruity, but fuck if it isn't well thought out.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if we only have a few targets that Moyes is prepared to go for simply because of this. That article suggests Moyes wants to be a million % sure before he makes a call. Of course he will have an idea of what players he wants and can do with but if he wants that many scouting reports and players given the thumbs up throughout his entire staff (almost) I can't see how he can kick that habit and make signings so early into the job, on a whim.

I can see major positives and negatives to it.

Wilbur

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me at all if we only have a few targets that Moyes is prepared to go for simply because of this. That article suggests Moyes wants to be a million % sure before he makes a call. Of course he will have an idea of what players he wants and can do with but if he wants that many scouting reports and players given the thumbs up throughout his entire staff (almost) I can't see how he can kick that habit and make signings so early into the job, on a whim.

I can see major positives and negatives to it.

That's true; you don't think he'd see how the scouting set up is at United before he moved in with his own system?

Truth be told I can't remember many absolute flops at Everton signing wise.

faridmon

Seriously, drop whatever your watching and watch this. imo, one of the best anime I've watched. Find it similar to Death Note, yet different lol.

Yeah, I really should. To be fair, I am actually not watching much these days so Yes, its time for some Steinsgate.

Well Except for Hunter x Hunter. Man last few episode have been amazing. Love Knuckle!

Showaddy

PLEASE GO DANNY, YOU CAN'T DEFEND FOR SHIT.

Seriously, he has been so poor in pre season, its not helped having an everchanging back four but he seems to not be able to do the basics. We've already got Kyle braindead Walker, we cant afford another braindead full back.

We'll have to afford it seeing as BAE is fucking off for whatever reason, as much as the fans love his attitude AVB is probably sick of him by now.

Anyway Walker looked good when he had Dawson next to him, put Vertonghen next to Rose and I reckon he'll be premiership standard at the very least.

Salazar

so

thousands of targets

Xs1WxoK.gif

That's true; you don't think he'd see how the scouting set up is at United before he moved in with his own system?

Truth be told I can't remember many absolute flops at Everton signing wise.
He may have had a look at it but its now his club and I'm sure those changes are being implemented already, but they're so long term that any benefit of it simply can't be felt until next summer at the earliest - it might explain why he said we are already looking at players for next summer, which sounded strange so early into the job.

I'm sure there were flops at Everton, since Moyes didn't have much money to spend we probably just never knew about them, or they don't seem to be big flops because there was no major outlay.

But if Moyes wants to work in that intricate way the structure of his scouting system can moved across but all the variables will need to be readjusted, it sounds like a long long process - he won't have even had a chance to work on his tactical systems and needs which that article suggests are also very detailed.

K1LLER7

Yeah, I really should. To be fair, I am actually not watching much these days so Yes, its time for some Steinsgate.

Well Except for Hunter x Hunter. Man last few episode have been amazing. Love Knuckle!
Do It!! :D

Going to watch the latest HxH episode today. Gon and Killua <3

the 'King' looks interesting. Hope they show more of him in the next episode.

faridmon

Do It!! :D

Going to watch the latest HxH episode today. Gon and Killua <3

the 'King' looks interesting. Hope they show more of him in the next episode.

oooh, I think you are gonna love the latest episode :)

Bilyaletdinov is the biggest flop he signed in my opinion done once been following the team.

Moyes destroyed him. He came with a lot of talent and promise. Played him in the wrong position, destroyed his confidence which made him useless.

Loved Billy!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Moyes destroyed him. He came with a lot of talent and promise. Played him in the wrong position, destroyed his confidence which made him useless.

Loved Billy!

I can't wait to see where Martinez plays Naismith. He was pretty useless when Moyes played him on the wing out of position.

Arnie

Billy is definitely Moyes' biggest flop.

That was an enjoyable read, although it really will require some tweaking to transfer that system to a club with 'limitless' funds and enough prestige to draw the upper echelon of players.

Funny how the article contrasts Moyes' system at Everton with the old school scribbling of player's names on cigarette packets. It seems to me that Moyes has spent his summer drawing any fucking name that pops into his translucent head onto a packet of L&B before shuffling it back into Woody's clammy paws.

faridmon

I can't wait to see where Martinez plays Naismith. He was pretty useless when Moyes played him on the wing out of position.

Yeah, its gonna be interesting how he handles the attacking players in general. Do you think Jelavic will be our main striker?

I would love to see Naismith behind Jelavic as a false 9. They know each other which which is also plus.

K1LLER7

1. Chelsea's midfield is shit.

2. Lunchbox should be added to the list of villains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeubmsKs2vU
Fuck, Ronnie was amazing ;_;

Even back then he had amazing pace on the ball.

Would love to see him at United. Even if we draw Madrid again in the CL.

I have dropped Attack on titan around Eps 13. Such a piece of shit of anime with terrible pace and horrible dialogue
It slowed down after the 10th episode, but It's picked back up a little recently. Will give it another couple of episodes and see where it goes.

bud

footy bros, if you had to choose:

she has small breasts but a nice juicy ass

or

she has large breasts and a flat ass

which one would you choose?

i'd go with the former.

Bale to RM is most likely dead. RM don't have the money, the banking syndicate are sceptical over Real's funding arrangements and are now unwilling to give them a short term facility for the figure they want. Heard it today from a friend at one of the banks approached. They pulled the plug on Thursday which is related to Perez saying the figures Levy is talking about is too much according to him and them trying to fob Spurs off with £25m and three players "worth £80m".

Spurs say they won't accept a part exchange with more than one player (Morata, and no one else) and want £80-90m in cash up front having been burned by the Modric transfer (which RM still owe Spurs money for having missed one of the payment deadlines). Levy is said to be very, very sceptical over Real's funding as well and apparently even Bale has started to wonder whether he has just been used as a PR exercise for Perez who wants to look like a big man.

Levy is a shrewd businessman and I don't see where RM will get the money from given that he wants cash upfront. Now that their regular banking syndicate won't lend them that kind of money on a short term basis RM will need to free up funds by selling players. But it is a buyers market this season so they won't be able to get £80-90m without selling their Galacticos like CR7 or Ozil.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

or

i'd go with the former.
Ass goes a long way with different positions.

qindarka

Banned
The squad as a bunch of names is brilliant. But I think it's very fair to say that many of these players as individuals need a lot more experience. I suspect that our starting XI will mainly consist of the XI we played last season with a few of new signings and returning loanees breaking in. Last seasons XI may well be tuned in, but the new boys still need to make their mark. Plus, we weren't exactly pulling up roots last year. I think this squad is very exciting and full of potential. I don't think that we will necessarily see the results this season though. I think the few preseason games we played against proper opposition showed we still have plenty of work to do.

Edit: basically, I'm not banking on us to win the league.

Well, it will probably depend on how our midfield holds up. It was a complete mess last year and we will have to hope that Mourinho, the signing of Van Ginkel and the return of Ramires will be able to sort it out. Seems a bit of a gamble not to get a bigger name in, Van Ginkel looks very promising but it's a bit much to expect him to be the solution.

Signing a great striker would also help. Don't think Lukaku is ready to be our main main just yet though I'd certainly have him over Torres and Ba.

Bale to RM is most likely dead. RM don't have the money, the banking syndicate are sceptical over Real's funding arrangements and are now unwilling to give them a short term facility for the figure they want. Heard it today from a friend at one of the banks approached. They pulled the plug on Thursday which is related to Perez saying the figures Levy is talking about is too much according to him and them trying to fob Spurs off with £25m and three players "worth £80m".

Spurs say they won't accept a part exchange with more than one player (Morata, and no one else) and want £80-90m in cash up front having been burned by the Modric transfer (which RM still owe Spurs money for having missed one of the payment deadlines). Levy is said to be very, very sceptical over Real's funding as well and apparently even Bale has started to wonder whether he has just been used as a PR exercise for Perez who wants to look like a big man.

Levy is a shrewd businessman and I don't see where RM will get the money from given that he wants cash upfront. Now that their regular banking syndicate won't lend them that kind of money on a short term basis RM will need to free up funds by selling players. But it is a buyers market this season so they won't be able to get £80-90m without selling their Galacticos like CR7 or Ozil.
Wowzers.

Welcome to the CL Spurs.

Koko

Banned

or

i'd go with the former.

What kind of question is this one?

If you choose large breasts over a nice juicy ass, then there's something really wrong with you.

#teamJuicyAss

Scum

"That's the old passage to Ravenholm. We don't go there anymore."

"We don't go to Ravenholm..."

:<

You win this round, Ush! \o/

Can I choose Small boobs/flat ass?
Messi, pls.

Messi

"That's the old passage to Ravenholm. We don't go there anymore."

"We don't go to Ravenholm..."

:<

You win this round, Ush! o/

Messi, pls.

Seriously it's my preference.

Also that's from the first first person shooter Halo right?

K1LLER7

hmm.

Wilbur, I always planned to give you a good avatar. One of RVP.

pappe

or

i'd go with the former.

The one who can hold an intelligent conversation....

ASS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom