• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Of course it would be you

Or Fry

Flat

Olivia_Wilde.jpg

As a pancake

The other part of the rumour is that Bale wants to renegotiate his contract at Spurs (since the RM move is probably off), but Levy is holding firm to the wage structure, not wanting to set the precedent of breaking it just yet, at least not without firm plans for the NDP to complete before 2015/16.

I think Bale needs to sack his agent. Has raised his expectation level way too high by touting him to RM and throwing around £80m+ valuations.

Salvadora

AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy
#AFC have a deal with #Nacional over Perez. By the end of this week he could be an AFC player, Coquelin replacement. If he still impresses.
Second summer signing in the bag.
That team, with Bale, if they keep everyone fit is genuine title contenders.

UCL???? They r gonna win the league.

I am tempted to put down a strong bet on them if I get good odds.
tumblr_mebkmqow5R1ritteso1_500.gif

Suen

I have dropped Attack on titan around Eps 13. Such a piece of shit of anime with terrible pace and horrible dialogue
Get the fuck out. Admittedly I haven't watched more than five episodes but been following the manga close to its first release. It's good though I wish it took another direction than the current one.

Steins Gate is amazing, wouldn't compare it to animes like HxH or Titan though. I wish they'd make 7 seeds to an anime lol.

Fuck, Ronnie was amazing ;_;

Even back then he had amazing pace on the ball.

Would love to see him at United. Even if we draw Madrid again in the CL.

It slowed down after the 10th episode, but It's picked back up a little recently. Will give it another couple of episodes and see where it goes.

Ronaldo was 19 at the time of that game. He had 40 games that season transitioning from an 18 year old to a 19 year old. You could already see the tools he had. A great strike, great cross, excellent technique, pace, height, and trickery to get him past defenders. I hope Januzaj gets game time. Giving him a measly 5 games like Pogba had or sending him on loan would be a disaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeAdAjLCIKQ

;_;

; (

T_T

Salazar

I think Bale needs to sack his agent. Has raised his expectation level way too high by touting him to RM and throwing around £80m+ valuations.

The valuations are crazy, yes, and the agent is a wanker, but Bale thinking that he has done his time at Spurs is natural enough.

Suen

lol still remember all that "Rumbooooooo" talk Man Utd gaf had some months ago. All you got was Rybolovlev's foot up your arse.

Suen

Bale to RM is most likely dead. RM don't have the money, the banking syndicate are sceptical over Real's funding arrangements and are now unwilling to give them a short term facility for the figure they want. Heard it today from a friend at one of the banks approached. They pulled the plug on Thursday which is related to Perez saying the figures Levy is talking about is too much according to him and them trying to fob Spurs off with £25m and three players "worth £80m".

Spurs say they won't accept a part exchange with more than one player (Morata, and no one else) and want £80-90m in cash up front having been burned by the Modric transfer (which RM still owe Spurs money for having missed one of the payment deadlines). Levy is said to be very, very sceptical over Real's funding as well and apparently even Bale has started to wonder whether he has just been used as a PR exercise for Perez who wants to look like a big man.

Levy is a shrewd businessman and I don't see where RM will get the money from given that he wants cash upfront. Now that their regular banking syndicate won't lend them that kind of money on a short term basis RM will need to free up funds by selling players. But it is a buyers market this season so they won't be able to get £80-90m without selling their Galacticos like CR7 or Ozil.
Thank you based bank. Hopefully this will make Perez realize that we can't just go around and throw money like that, especially not huge sums on players not worth it. But expect no change to happen from him and the board while all of us Madrid fans will continue to jerk off for the next Galactico.

The final tidbit I got from him is that the £90m RM were initially willing to pay for Bale is particularly ridiculous because they think not even CR7 would go for that much. They think if a club were to come in at €50-55m RM would sell CR7 because it is a buyers market and RM probably need to money.

He thinks Levy has played RM to perfection. That's just their speculation though. I think CR7 is probably worth a fair bit more...

K1LLER7

Ronaldo was 19 at the time of that game. He had 40 games that season transitioning from an 18 year old to a 19 year old. You could already see the tools he had. A great strike, great cross, excellent technique, pace, height, and trickery to get him past defenders. I hope Januzaj gets game time. Giving him a measly 5 games like Pogba had or sending him on loan would be a disaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeAdAjLCIKQ

;_;

; (

T_T

Yeah. I'm hoping Moyes will play Adnan. Give him some sub appearances at the start of the season. Then when the games start to get easier, start him from time to time. imo he's clearly good enough for the PL level. He just needs to get a couple of games under his belt.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm watching, I have no idea what is going on but that last match was crazy (I think)

The windrunner denying the Aegis (lets you live again after you die) was huge. That's the biggest mistake you could do at that point.

LPiDYPI.jpg

He was crushed. An ununusal mistake cost him and his team several hundred thousand dollars.

Scum

The final tidbit I got from him is that the £90m RM were initially willing to pay for Bale is particularly ridiculous because they think not even CR7 would go for that much. They think if a club were to come in at €50-55m RM would sell CR7 because it is a buyers market and RM probably need to money.

He thinks Levy has played RM to perfection. That's just their speculation though. I think CR7 is probably worth a fair bit more...

Levy should put a bid in for CR7...

faridmon

Get the fuck out. Admittedly I haven't watched more than five episodes but been following the manga close to its first release. It's good though I wish it took another direction than the current one.

Steins Gate is amazing, wouldn't compare it to animes like HxH or Titan though. I wish they'd make 7 seeds to an anime lol.

The pace becomes terrible after episode 6 or so. The direction of the Anime is not good. I haven't read the Manga so I can't comment on the overall story details.

Yeas, I heard Steinsgate is amazing. I don't know why it took me this long to watch it.

Messi

Some great La Liga action next week

Sevilla vs Ath Madrid
Real Madrid vs Real Betis *my pick for game of the week
Barcelona vs Levante
Valencia vs Malaga

Suen

He thinks Levy has played RM to perfection.
And if Levy did we fully deserve it. Again £90m or any figure close to it or more is ridiculous. No player is worth that much money, not Bale, not Messi
(maybe)
and not Ronaldo. I've said it multiple times and most of us already know it. It is about Perez wanting to act big and pleasing those around him that he can still bring on the big names as a counter-reaction to Barca's star signing. It's not flexible, it's not good, it's childish but I kind of wish Arsenal did it :'(

Even so £90m for one,ONE, player is such a fucking joke. Also Turok (and I believe I read it somewhere else as well) said that we're doing good with money and that we're even paying off our debt. Sure, excluding all corruption this sounds good but then if Perez is going to throw out that much money while not even being able to pay of money he owes other clubs then how will that affect it?

Suen

Some great La Liga action next week

Sevilla vs Ath Madrid
Real Madrid vs Real Betis *my pick for game of the week
Barcelona vs Levante
Valencia vs Malaga
Looking forward to these games. But honestly it's a shame Lol Liga lost many of it's more attractive players.

Malaga has lost like all good players
Valencia lost Soldado
Sevilla - Jesus Navas and Negredo
Atletico - Falcao.

Already miss these players :/

Messi

Looking forward to these games. But honestly it's a shame Lol Liga lost many of it's more attractive players.

Malaga has lost like all good players
Valencia lost Soldado
Sevilla - Jesus Navas and Negredo
Atletico - Falcao.

Already miss these players :/

Yeah La Liga lost some great talent this year. Hope to see some new talent though.

Anyone on 360 wanna game of fifa? Add me I am proofplaya

Suen

The pace becomes terrible after episode 6 or so. The direction of the Anime is not good. I haven't read the Manga so I can't comment on the overall story details.

Yeas, I heard Steinsgate is amazing. I don't know why it took me this long to watch it.
Didn't watch Steinsgate until this year. Heard it was amazing and all that when it was airing but didn't have time or motivation then. The first third of the series would make me want to quit it because it's not my thing, strangely enough I was very entertained by it and enjoyed it to my surprise (maybe I just wanted something different from my usual preference) and I'm glad I did because it becomes so damn good after that introduction.

Levy should put a bid in for CR7...
Perez should put a bid in for Levy.

And if Levy did we fully deserve it. Again £90m or any figure close to it or more is ridiculous. No player is worth that much money, not Bale, not Messi
(maybe)
and not Ronaldo. I've said it multiple times and most of us already know it. It is about Perez wanting to act big and pleasing those around him that he can still bring on the big names as a counter-reaction to Barca's star signing. It's not flexible, it's not good, it's childish but I kind of wish Arsenal did it :'(

Even so £90m for one,ONE, player is such a fucking joke. Also Turok (and I believe I read it somewhere else as well) said that we're doing good with money and that we're even paying off our debt. Sure, excluding all corruption this sounds good but then if Perez is going to throw out that much money while not even being able to pay of money he owes other clubs then how will that affect it?

There was a poorly sourced article in Marca that said RM are working to pay off debts. I don't believe it personally, plus the Spanish government closed a bunch of loopholes and tax breaks for sports stars so, again that will make it difficult for them to compete with better capitalised German and English clubs on the wages front, their wages/revenue ratio will only go up from now.

I'm more cynical about the missed payment for Modric, I think Perez is essentially withholding payments to Spurs until a deal for Bale is done. Scummy, but I expect nothing less from Perez tbh.

Anyway, Spanish football club finances have always been very opaque, it's an absolute nightmare trying to find information, even the friend of mine said that RM would only provide certain information rather than everything the banks requested (banks that they wanted a £90-100m loan from!).

Timurid

Yeah La Liga lost some great talent this year. Hope to see some new talent though.

Anyone on 360 wanna game of fifa? Add me I am proofplaya

Villa scored for Atletico in a friendly today.

i2uJCSV660FDQ.gif

The other Spanish clubs will continue producing talent until Barca and Madrid distribute the tv rights.

Sporting won the last friendly of the pre-season at home against Fiorentina 3-0. Didn´t watch the game but that´s a great result. Bad news, Patricio got a red card and won´t be able to play the first league match next week, On the positive side, Montero scored this beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom