• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
VNqUHZB.jpg

<3

jamesgrant595.jpg

Chris R

Liverpool 2 v 1 Stoke
Arsenal 1 v 0 Aston Villa
Norwich 0 v 1 Everton
Sunderland 1 v 1 Fulham
West Brom 1 v 0 Southampton
West Ham 2 v 0 Cardiff
Swansea 1 v 4 Man Utd
Crystal Palace 0 v 1 Tottenham
Chelsea 4 v 0 Hull
Newcastle 0 v 2 Man City

Or at least I hope

Omiee

What the hell arsenal?

Players in: Yaya Sanogo (Auxerre) Free.

Players out: Chuks Aneke (Crewe) Loan, Martin Angha (Nuremberg) Free, Andrey Arshavin (Zenit St Petersburg) Free, Samir Bihmoutine (Released), Joel Campbell (Olympiakos) Loan, Reice Charles-Cook (Bury) Free, Francis Coquelin (Freiburg) Loan, Denilson (Sao Paulo) Free, Johan Djourou (Hamburg) Loan, Craig Eastmond (Colchester) Free, Kyle Ebecilio (Twente) Free, Gervinho (Roma) £8m, Sead Hajrovic (Released), Conor Henderson (Released), Vito Mannone (Sunderland) Undisclosed, Jernade Meade (Swansea) Free, Ignasi Miquel (Leicester) Loan, Elton Monteiro (Club Brugge) Undisclosed, Nigel Neita (Released), Joshua Rees (Released), Philip Roberts (Falkirk) Free, Andre Santos (Flamengo) Undisclosed, James Shea (Released), Sebastien Squillaci (Bastia) Free, Sanchez Watt (Colchester) Free, Jordan Wynter (Bristol City) Free.

Showaddy

I think there is still a lot more to come from Sigurdsson, his personality is what has held him back with us. He's too quiet and too modest, even against Espanyol there were 3 instances where a player like Bale would have shot and probably scored, he had a clear sight of goal, but instead he tried to tee someone else up and the chance was gone. He has a great long distance strike, he needs to be more confident.

I think his composure & decision making around the box aren't great if I'm honest, as you say he doesn't shoot when sometimes he should but other times he snatches shots and misses badly or often picks the wrong pass.

Also the way AVB likes his midfield is a defensive grafter, a quality dribbling box to box & a creative passer who can pick open defences and control the tempo of the game. He's got the first 2 at Spur's but not the 3rd and I'm not sure he sees Sigurdsson filling that role.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What the hell arsenal?

Players out: Chuks Aneke (Crewe) Loan, Martin Angha (Nuremberg) Free, Andrey Arshavin (Zenit St Petersburg) Free, Samir Bihmoutine (Released), Joel Campbell (Olympiakos) Loan, Reice Charles-Cook (Bury) Free, Francis Coquelin (Freiburg) Loan, Denilson (Sao Paulo) Free, Johan Djourou (Hamburg) Loan, Craig Eastmond (Colchester) Free, Kyle Ebecilio (Twente) Free, Gervinho (Roma) £8m, Sead Hajrovic (Released), Conor Henderson (Released), Vito Mannone (Sunderland) Undisclosed, Jernade Meade (Swansea) Free, Ignasi Miquel (Leicester) Loan, Elton Monteiro (Club Brugge) Undisclosed, Nigel Neita (Released), Joshua Rees (Released), Philip Roberts (Falkirk) Free, Andre Santos (Flamengo) Undisclosed, James Shea (Released), Sebastien Squillaci (Bastia) Free, Sanchez Watt (Colchester) Free, Jordan Wynter (Bristol City) Free.

Wenger is bored of getting 4th place with a full squad, now he's daring himself to get 4th with half of one. He'll do it as well, the bastard.

phaze

What the hell arsenal?

Who needs bench anyway.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ib17jzq2i4exPI.png
ib17jzq2i4exPI.png
ib17jzq2i4exPI.png

But then again, according to Marca he has also already sold Mata and Torres. Something which he has denied already, just like Luiz.

If he could he would've sold Torres in a heartbeat, but no one is willing to take over that contract.

Omiee

Wenger is bored of getting 4th place with a full squad, now he's daring himself to get 4th with half of one. He'll do it as well, the bastard.

Arsenal is doing pretty well for themselves money wise right? They got the emirates deal, the new nike deal. Why not spend some of that money on some a class players.

If they really wanted suarez they would have pushed it a bit more.

For god sake they are the 4th most valued football club in the world and nobody knows them for their big transfers.

Well they are but mostly for players leaving.

FootballFan

Carragher on receiving that shirt signed by Messi:

"He wrote a kind message on it which says ‘Para (For) Jamie. All the best in your retirement.’ I played against him twice, back in February 2007, I’m still in shock he remembers who I am!"

:lol wtf

Messi

"He wrote a kind message on it which says ‘Para (For) Jamie. All the best in your retirement.’ I played against him twice, back in February 2007, I’m still in shock he remembers who I am!"

Who is carragher?

Tomorrow Footballfan, Brazil and Argentina. Will you watch both?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

His PR guy reminded him.

Whatever makes people forget about Vegas I guess.

And the charity game.

Or games.

Meier

Signed up for the Yahoo fantasy league because why not. They have some insane prices but you get $150m to work with. Bale is taking $30.17m of my budget but YOLO. New players to the league are cheap as chips -- Soldado, Bony, Navas and Ferna are all on my team.

I picked up Razvan Rat from West Ham -- 0% of teams have him apparently. :lol

Love TheBigSam's preview for the season

Back in the year 2000, I once attended a charity coffee morning hosted by Les Dennis. He was raising funds for Russ Abbott; he never said why.

During the proceedings, I accidentally stumbled into the bathroom, to find Les’s lovely wife Amanda Holden on the phone, semi-naked and writhing in sexual ecstasy over the sink whilst singing the ‘Bob the Builder’ theme tune. I made my apologies and left hastily.

As I returned to the coffee, shortbread and banality downstairs, I turned to Michael Grecco and said: “Mark my words, Beppe – that marriage won’t last.”

I’ve always been bloody amazing at predictions. I have an almost paranormal gift for prescience. With this in mind, I give to you Not Big Sam’s forecast for the final Premier League table of the upcoming 2013/14 season. Get on it.

1. Man City - Now managed by an affable mafia don from the 80s, they’re the team to beat.

2. Chelsea - Mourinho’s back, but things are never the same the second time around. Like Airwolf.

3. Man United - United without Sir Alex is like East 17 without Tony Mortimer. They’ll crumble like a sand castle under a stream of hot piss.

4. West Ham - Mark my words; this is the year I go interstellar. It’s on.
Airwolf

5. Arsenal - Arsenal is that women who loudly exclaims she’s off to Waitrose to do her shopping, then slips into Lidl when no-one is looking. Losers.

6. Spurs - They need to keep Bale. No one-man team can afford to lose their man. What would The Corrs be without Jim? Sanitary towels and a fiddle, that’s what.

7. Liverpool - Same as above, Liverpool need to resist all bids for Suarez. Without them, they’ll have no bite. Hahahaha. Big Sam; forever circling his finger around the nipple of topical hilarity.

8. Everton - Will they struggle without Moysie? Will Martinez be able to implement a more fluid brand of football with a squad of uncultured players? I don’t know. I don’t give a f***, actually. I’m hungry.

9. Swansea - Laudrup has made some very astute signings this summer. As an aside, he always has a 16-piece box of Ferrero Rochers on his person at all times, too. What a prince.

10. Newcastle - I called up Alan Pardew the other day and sang ‘Help me, Wonga’ to the tune of ‘Help Me, Rhonda’ by the Beach Boys at him. I’ve destroyed him with satire before a ball has been kicked.

11. West Brom - They’ve just signed Lugano. He looks like a young Peter O’Toole. Remember that film ‘High Spirits’? Sublime hijinks. Guttenberg is so underrated.

12. Aston Villa - I’m getting bored now. I’m still hungry. Is Doug Ellis dead? He once told me he was going to get cryogenically frozen, so he could be awoken in the future and “go mental like that dark fella in that film with Rambo”. More money than sense, that lad.

13. Southampton - Love seeing Le Tissier in ‘The Premiership Years’ on Sky. He had the perfect combination of elegance and obesity. Like Kelly Clarkson.

14. Fulham - Lovely ground, Craven Cottage. Did you know that John Craven’s house is called Craven Castle? Even though it’s actually a cottage? Dickhead.

15. Cardiff - They’ll survive this year. Unlike many supporters who make the trip to see their team play in Cardiff. Hellish place. Has some of the best shrooms in Britain, mind.

16. Norwich - No, I won’t answer questions about whether I’ve slept with Delia Smith. Why the bloody hell should I? She makes an amazing breakfast, though.

17. Sunderland - Di Canio is a character isn’t he? A right bloody character. The game needs more bloody characters like him. He has a Heinrich Himmler bedspread, though. That’s all I’m saying.

18. Stoke - I fear it’ll be relegation for Sparky and Stoke this season. Sparky and Stoke; could be the name of a gentle ITV drama about a pair of disabled detectives. Their paperwork is a disgrace, but they get the job done.

19. Hull - Poor Stevie Bruce. He has a face like a water-damaged pasty, and he’ll be back in the Championship in no time.

20. Crystal Palace - Ian Holloway; the Timothy Claypole of football. Not good enough, son.

kharma45

Seems like a cool app, thanks. Also downloaded Bing News, handy. Won't bother with weather, as I can just look outside my window :p

Any recommendations for cases? Preferably one that can use the wireless charger?

I'm not sure what way cases will work with the 925. If you want to wirelessly charge you'll need one of these shells, but they're not really cases http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CTTHVI4/ they'll only protect the back really.

dc89

Liverpool 3 v 0 Stoke
Arsenal 2 v 1 Aston Villa
Norwich 1 v 1 Everton
Sunderland 2 v 2 Fulham
West Brom 2 v 1 Southampton
West Ham 2 v 0 Cardiff
Swansea 1 v 2 Man Utd
Crystal Palace 0 v 3 Tottenham
Chelsea 6 v 0 Hull
Man City 3 v 0 Newcastle

Only you have got the City fixture right. Why's everyone thinking City are away?!?!

I'm not sure what way cases will work with the 925. If you want to wirelessly charge you'll need one of these shells, but they're not really cases http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CTTHVI4/ they'll only protect the back really.

I have one of these, actually lol. Just would like a case that doesn't slip out of my hand and protects it.

Oh dear, looks like Walcott is injured and might miss the villa game. Good luck gooners.

Never fear, Gnarby is here.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Predictions!

PL: 1. Chelsea 2.City 3.United
BL: 1.Bayern 2.BVB
La Liga: 1.Barcelona 2.Madrid
Serie A: 1-Not Juve 2-Juve

What I want:
PL: No preference.
BL: 1.BVB 2.Bayern #TeamJupp
La Liga: 1.Madrid 2.Not Barcelona