• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Isn't the point that you put in shit players though? You put Berbatov, Saha and Hargreaves in there and you look a little silly.

Hargreaves wasn't shit though, hence why I didn't include him!
I personally thought Berba was shit at United, he was just too inconsistent and down right lazy apart from the one time he ran box to box to score.

I'm more upset at Smalling being played out of position than Jones. Smalling in 2011 was really good at CB. Injuries, Fergie playing Evans more often at CB (he can't play as a fullback), and being played out of position kind of ruined him.

18 starts, 10 sub appearances in the Bundesliga in 11/12 and 16 and 6 in 12/13. He only consistently started during that half season (2011).

Champions League 2011/12: 8 starts 2 sub appearances.

Players who had more starts: Ribery, Boateng, Gomez, Lahm, Kroos, Badstuber.

32 starts in all competitions. He was first team through and through.

kharma45

Hargreaves Carrick midfield could have been da bomb.

I'm more upset at Smalling being played out of position than Jones. Smalling in 2011 was really good at CB. Injuries, Fergie playing Evans more often at CB (he can't play as a fullback), and being played out of position kind of ruined him.

Evans can do LB OK.

He still has time to pull it back. Initially he was really good, he was even doing okay at RB.

Injuries and a run of really poor form (the two combine I guess) haven't helped, we have alot of competition at CB so it's tough to justify playing him.

But one major major problem in his game is that he is just terrible on the ball, he makes so many mistakes playing the ball out...

LegoArmo

Evans is better than both Jones and Smalling, their signings are for the future, anyway, and they're learning from some of the best.

I think in 4 years time they're England's first choice two at the back.

Evans is better than both Jones and Smalling, their signings are for the future, anyway, and they're learning from some of the best.

Evans is better right now. In 2011 I thought Smalling was the better player.

I prefer Evans' distribution from the back. Smalling and Rio irritate me with their hoofball.

Ferdinand is probably playing his last season at the club now anyway, Vidic only has a year left too, hopefully we renew because we'll need his experience considering Ferdinand and Giggs are most likely calling it a day next summer.

Personally think Jones should be given priority this season, but it'll be the same old rotation.

Infact that is going to be a big challenge for Moyes. Ferguson was really amazing at rotating and utilising the squad, keeping people happy and picking the right games for them (mostly).

Moyes just stuck to a core 13/14 players at Everton, kind of because he had to. This is totally different.

sohois

For England's sake I hope you're right, as after a long period of CB being one of England's few strengths, it suddenly seems as though it will become a major weak link. After Terry and Ferdinand, you've got a group of average internationals (Cahill, Lescott, Dawson, Jagielka) and then very little.

ibntquQosW4tDa.gif

CLANK!

Just like a couple of years ago, this bit of play in the CS is going to be the best football we play all season.

Hope all the Manited fans enjoyed it.

Caulker has a brighter future than the United guys IMO.
He's gone to Cardiff, his England career is over.

Not even a joke. Just the sad sad truth.

He's looked pretty good, but maybe AVB thinks differently if he's been sold to Cardiff relatively cheap.

£9m? That's not cheap IMO.

Spurs have to balance their books somewhat, I doubt they wanted to sell him but it's a good chance to recoup a fair amount of money for a player who is most likely their 4th choice. Made sense for them and the player I think.

LegoArmo

£9m? That's not cheap IMO.

Spurs have to balance their books somewhat, I doubt they wanted to sell him but it's a good chance to recoup a fair amount of money for a player who is most likely their 4th choice. Made sense for them and the player I think.

I thought it was 8m, but yeah, I mean relative to the price United paid for Jones and Smalling, it's a huge amount of money for Cardiff.

It's just weird when Spurs are currently struggling to have centre backs fit for the start of the season. They could have used him, I think.

Maybe he'll have a great season and Liverpool will sign him for 30m next summer.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Incredible that the possibility of us not signing a CB is even being thrown around. we are going to win fuck all.

Zubi you waste of human flesh, fuck off to Bilbao.

K1LLER7

Essien was great before he got injured.

Hargreaves too.

Rumours United want Fellani and Baines tied up this week. Wonder what Evra thinks about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom