• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I thought it was 8m, but yeah, I mean relative to the price United paid for Jones and Smalling, it's a huge amount of money for Cardiff.

It's just weird when Spurs are currently struggling to have centre backs fit for the start of the season. They could have used him, I think.

Maybe he'll have a great season and Liverpool will sign him for 30m next summer.

I think Caulker's move suited all parties. He was our 4th choice and wasn't going to get the playing time to seriously improve, he still has a long way to go before he can be classed a 'reliable' defender. He'll be at Cardiff for a couple of seasons then move to a big club again, I think I read somewhere that Levy put a first refusal or something in there.

Dawson is fit again, Kaboul is back, Vertonghen is a few days away. We're cutting it close with the CBs but I think we'll get away with it. I'm sure we will sign one before the window closes.

Essien was great before he got injured.

Hargreaves too.

Rumours United want Fellani and Baines tied up this week. Wonder what Evra thinks about this.

jTuQLCJc14cVm_e.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like Parker is off to QPR, £3.5m. That's decent money really, though if I'm being brutally honest I think he'll struggle there. His legs have gone and he just can't get around the pitch like he used to, Harry will want him doing what he did for him with us, and he just can't do that anymore.

sohois

@SkySportsPeteO 50s
Sunderland are closing in on the signing of Valencia defender Aly Cissokho. #SAFC

AU7Amsc.gif

I'm guessing this means Siqiuera(sp?) will be wrapped up for Liverpool imminently. I did suspect the Cissokho links were just more agent stuff, it happens every window.

Labadal

Looking at our squad after the Downing sale and counting the players that will realistically get a fair amount of play time makes it clear we need at least two or three more signings.

That's still counting Assaidi, Borini and Suarez will stay.

We have 31 numbered players and at least seven of those will play one game as a sub at most.

Brendan becoming the new Wenger?

Looks like Parker is off to QPR, £3.5m. That's decent money really, though if I'm being brutally honest I think he'll struggle there. His legs have gone and he just can't get around the pitch like he used to, Harry will want him doing what he did for him with us, and he just can't do that anymore.

That's a solid piece of business tbh. I just wish we had signed Parker three seasons earlier than we did. Spent so much time rotting away at West Ham and Newcastle.

Carbonox

Dan Gosling scored against Liverpool in the friendly earlier........

WHY IS HE STILL HERE

Shit, even Obertan fucking played in the match....

We're gonna sell Cabaye and have Gosling replace him aren't we?

#BasedKinnear

panty

Those new GTAV screens and videos and HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Salvadora

We should pay off Diaby next.

He's never going to be the player he could have been and keeping him around only gives Wenger excuses/hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom