• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. I never buy boxsets either. Will get the Hannibal one next month too.

I don't really like buying boxsets when they are still running on networks :lol

I prefer to wait till the seasons has finished and then buy the whole lot.

Will be nice to have a physical copy of BB even though it's all on Netflix anyway.

iMnosp6PDWdAI.gif

isnzTN9qnBoCZ.gif

Arnie

I'm absolutely gutted we can't see the action from today's friendly. Sturridge with two goals and an assist, Alberto with another. It's genuinely what my dreams are made of.

And then Gosling with a goal against Liverpool. A few years ago that's what my nightmares were made of.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mazzarri: I still remember last year when my Napoli was cheated by Juventus,and I was nearly about to retire from football due to that match

I can't breathe

halp

Edit: Possibly an old quote circulating on twitter but it's still funny as hell

Wilbur

Banned
By default. I think Hughes is a good manager when his ego doesn't get ahead of him. Did well with Blackburn and Fulham. Sunderland are an unknown quantity. Cardiff I think will grind out results. Norwich have really improved their squad. Newcastle have the talent if they stop the dysfunction. Stoke haven't really added much. It's between Stoke, Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland for the final relegation spot I think.

why do so many people think Stoke is going to be relegated this season?

People above have cited Hughes as a reason but I think they would have been in danger of the drop even if Pulis was still there, they've steadily been sliding down the table in the last few years.

I don't think Hughes is that bad a manager myself, but I can see Stoke struggling because they'll probably be set up to play in a totally different way this season and they might struggle to adjust.

I reckon Hull and Palace are going to be down regardless, not sure who the other team will be.

Wes

venison crêpe

• They haven't signed anyone of note who will dramatically make them more of a threat going forward.

• They're changing away from the system which has arguably kept them in the league all these years.

• Mark Hughes.

Mark Hughes was good at Fulham and Blackburn. Finished in the top 6 with Rovers and got them to multiple FA Cup semi finals. Finished 8th with Fulham.

He was obv crap at QPR but I think people over-state that, done well at other clubs.

Salvadora

I don't think I'd shed a tear if Stoke went into the Championship.

Booing Aaron Ramsey was particularly classless, and they always take points off us. Shame Pulis isn't there to go down with the ship

Walshy

As the season quickly approaches and the amount of Liverpool squad players leaving (Downing, Shelvey, Reina, Suso) they have yet to fill the gaps within the squad.

Whilst I've been very impressed with signings which have came in so far, I still think Liverpool need to improve on four positions: a left-back, centre-back, an attacking midfielder and a back up goalkeeper before the window closes.

Skrtel, Assaidi and Coates are probably the next to leave. I think they are very keen on Papadopolous, but there is too much hindering on his fitness. Siqueira seems to be the left-back coming in. There seems to be no signs of a attacking midfielder coming in (especially since Mkhitaryan went to Dortmund and the Costa deal died). I would like us to have a look a Willian, with all the uproar that seems to happened at Anzhi. Brad Jones is no where near good enough to be on the bench for us. Ibe will probably fill Assaidi's role within the squad.

Out of the teams who are realistically aiming at finishing fourth this season (Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal) I feel that Spurs have by far done the best business. They have the luxury of having two quality players in nearly every position. The league is alot stronger this year, teams like Southampton, Norwich and West Ham will be very hard to beat.

Meier

They were nearly relegated last season and haven't really notably improved, plus Hughes isn't a great coach by any means. I hope they don't since they're turning into a mini USMNT nowadays.

Anyone think Rat will do well at West Ham?

I have him on my team but I am not expecting much. Shakhtar are a great club though so I'd imagine he'll be an upgrade for most EPL teams including West Ham.

I want to believe that they made him come back at the first sighting of a minor injury. Just to be safe and have him available vs PSV.

From what I've read, things may have actually gone that way.

This is what I am hoping for as well. Apparently he has liquid in his knee, per Milan's website. There's still a week until the first leg so hopefully he'll be alright.

Fukkk the scudetto, I'd rather get third place in the league than not compete in the CL for an entire year.

My word

Those GTAV screens

My word

Its everything I ever dreamed of. Pls don't fuck this up Rockstar. Pls.

They seem to have made a game based on the negative market-opinion reaction to GTAIV, rather than the positive sales and critical reaction.

Wilbur

Banned
My word

Those GTAV screens

My word

Its everything I ever dreamed of. Pls don't fuck this up Rockstar. Pls.

They seem to have made a game based on the negative market-opinion reaction to GTAIV, rather than the positive sales and critical reaction.

goddamnit

raywilkins.gif

Salvadora

Perez has been denied a work permit so has returned to Colombia.

The reason given was that he had not played in 75% of Colombia’s international games. Stupid rule.

confuziz

Banned
Milan guys, you shouldn't be that afraid of PSV. It is a young team with a lot of potential (bakkali,maher,depay,rekik) but you can't expect miracles from them.

I expect milan to beat us in san siro by 3, 4-0.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SAGA IS BACK TOMORROW YES

So why are we an old lady lol

Most accurate story:

During its history, the club has acquired a number of nicknames, la Vecchia Signora (the Old Lady) being the best example. The "old" part of the nickname is a pun on Juventus which means "youth" in Latin. It was derived from the age of the Juventus star players towards the middle of 1930s. The "lady" part of the nickname is how fans of the club affectionately referred to it before the 1930s. The club is also nicknamed la Fidanzata d'Italia (the Girlfriend of Italy), because over the years it has received a high level of support from Southern Italian immigrant workers (particularly from Naples and Palermo), who arrived in Turin to work for FIAT since the 1930s. Other nicknames include; i bianconeri (the black-and-whites), le zebre (the zebras) in reference to Juventus' colors. I gobbi (the hunchbacks) is the nickname that is used to define Juventus supporters, but is also used sometimes for team's players. The most widely accepted origin of gobbi dates to the fifties, when the bianconeri team was wearing a large jersey. When players ran on the field, the jersey, which had an opening on the chest with laces, generated a bulge on the back (a sort of parachute effect), giving the impression that the players have a hunchback

football_08_temp-1345970898-5039e2d2-620x348.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom