• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Copenhagens official radio host (working inside the stadium and all) on twitter about our director of sports...

I'm practising my CV RAUS chant every morning under the shower. The hate is swells around inside me by just typing this.

For fucks sake, so frustrating to see him being an incompetent cunt, slowly but surely destroying the club.

I'm worried that we're allowing Matri to speak with Napoli about a possible contract. Fair enough, he needs to weigh his options and €12m is a decent valuation. But does this mean that we think Quagliarella is a viable option if Llorente or Tevez fail to perform? Or are we honestly thinking that we'll get by with 4 strikers (including Vucinic and Giovinco)?

:looool

No. He's not shit and he wasn't expensive.

Of course not!

I'm looking for a CM, RW and GK right now. Hmmmmm.
Milner surely.

£28m.

James Milner.

I'm worried that we're allowing Matri to speak with Napoli about a possible contract. Fair enough, he needs to weigh his options and €12m is a decent valuation. But does this mean that we think Quagliarella is a viable option if Llorente or Tevez fail to perform? Or are we honestly thinking that we'll get by with 4 strikers (including Vucinic and Giovinco)?
What's wrong with 4 strikers?

dc89

I've got Sinclair on the left for the £8m. Cause he's never played.
Don't make me put JM7 on the right Viva, don't make me do it!!!
But I can't think of anyone else who can play there. SWP doesn't deserve it, cult hero and everything!

Zabojnik

If/when we sell Matri/Quaglia, we're bringing Boakye back. Llorente and Tevez failing is not an option. :p

Boakye. I hope he does well. I'd really like to see one of our youth strikers do well. Maybe we should just throw Josipovich into the deep end....

ShogunX

No. He's not shit and he wasn't expensive.

For a high profile keeper he's very average.

uyy0UbZ.png

You can make this for about 180 million.

Best thing about City though is that there is a rich history of expensive players. You could include the likes of Adebayor for 25m, Robinho for 37m, Bianchi for 12m ect ect

Mastadon

Banned
For a high profile keeper he's very average.

WBYw9ou.png

You can make this for about 177 million.

Best thing about City though is that there is a rich history of expensive players. You could include the likes of Adebayor for 25m, Robinho for 37m, Bianchi for 12m ect ect

Rodwell too!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nothing. Except we brought in two strikers who are new to the league, one striker (Vucinic) who is inconsistent but can be magical, and one striker (Giovinco) who shouldn't be on this team.

And all of them are second strikers except for Llorente.

No, Vucinic, you're a shit prima punta.

I'm totally against selling him to Napoli of all teams. We don't really need the money *right now*. WE DON'T!

Yes, sure, he's not that good, but he's still better than their (vice-Higuain) Emanuele Calaiò.

And all of them are second strikers except for Llorente.

Unfortunately, Conte has a history of playing second strikers at the top. Vucinic did this quite a bit, I recall, even when we had Matri and Quagliarella healthy and available.

Edit: My point being that he may actually think we'll be okay with 4, since he'll just throw Tevez or Vucinic in a prima punta role.

I'm totally against selling him to Napoli of all teams. We don't really need the money *right now*. WE DON'T!

Yes, sure, he's not that good, but he's still better than their (vice-Higuain) Emanuele Calaiò.

I think the idea is that the Matri/Quagliarella sale will pay for the purchase of Kolarov (we submitted at €12m bid for him to City this past week). I think we should get Kolarov, but there must be better ways to fund that purchase that don't involve strengthening Napoli.

The more difficult sale, however, is Quagliarella. He can't go to Napoli, and he wants to stay in Serie A. Well, other than Inter I don't see where the fuck he can get in at the top half of the table, so basically he's our new Iaquinta.

Zabojnik

Boakye. I hope he does well. I'd really like to see one of our youth strikers do well. Maybe we should just throw Josipovich into the deep end....

I think Boakye deserves a shot before Josipovic, of whom we've basically never heard of before Juve A - Juve B. :p He's not even 18 yet, let him mature a bit, same with Sakor.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why the fuck are we being linked to Troy Deeney? His goal record is fantastic but he's a convicted criminal, he plays in the Championship and he looks like a hammerhead shark that's had it's head smashed in with a trowel.

Showaddy

Why the fuck are we being linked to Troy Deeney? His goal record is fantastic but he's a convicted criminal, he plays in the Championship and he looks like a hammerhead shark that's had it's head smashed in with a trowel.

We've been flashing some cash recently so naturally the shitty tabloid's will link us with every above average player in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom