• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan guys, you shouldn't be that afraid of PSV. It is a young team with a lot of potential (bakkali,maher,depay,rekik) but you can't expect miracles from them.

I expect milan to beat us in san siro by 3, 4-0.

WTF is this? That's not how you talk trash about your opponent. Milan is garbage anyway, even a dreadful Zenit team beat them in the San Siro last year.

confuziz

Banned
WTF is this? That's not how you talk trash about your opponent. Milan is garbage anyway, even a dreadful Zenit team beat them in the San Siro last year.

We have 12 new players. What can you expect from a new team with an average age of 20.6 years (without Schaars)?

Lightning

Banned
Perez has been denied a work permit so has returned to Colombia.

The reason given was that he had not played in 75% of Colombia’s international games. Stupid rule.
That's good. Gustavo coming in hopefully. Apparantly he will be making the announcement of where he will play this coming season on Thursday.

D_prOdigy

Sorry Chelski, Rooney is staying.

Just read that on the Graun.

If Shinji gets shat out wide/shafted on the bench whilst we clumsily try to rehabilitate 'Wazza' into the squad this season, we might as well just give him back to Dortmund for free.

Imagine how fucking shocking that would be to be told. "Sorry mate, we feel like we want to give priority to Wayne again."

dc89

Rumour from some guy here on GAF who is 'mod-certified' (whatever that means) - PS4 to launch October 21.

That's like.... before pay day. :(

Just read that on the Graun.

If Shinji gets shat out wide/shafted on the bench whilst we clumsily try to rehabilitate 'Wazza' into the squad this season, we might as well just give him back to Dortmund for free.

That is exactly what is about to happen.

Although considering Moyes has been using 433 in pre-season a fair bit he might get to play CAM or LAM which is better than out wide in 442.

D_prOdigy

That falls in line with a promise made to Moyes when he took over from Ferguson that United would keep together the squad that won the league last season. United, for example, have rejected several bids for Nani and the only player they are willing to move out is Bébé.

:lol

Salvadora

He was on a free, with very little compensation earning very little wages. Not sure I see your issue.
We signed an injury-prone Frenchman who is now injured. The club hasn't said for how long, but he missed the City & international game so far.

I think it's right to feel a little frustrated.

Clegg

Keeping Rooney will be like a new signing -_-

From that article in the Grauniad

Moyes remains keen to bring in Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines from Everton and the club are looking at other options in midfield.

Tc91

Rooney staying, don't know how I feel about that. He's acted like a utter nob but I've always said we couldn't afford to sell him to Chelsea.

dc89

Cleff, I know your feels. I went through the same thing last year. We chased all the big names, failed and then panic set in.

I'm here for you.

Labadal

As the season quickly approaches and the amount of Liverpool squad players leaving (Downing, Shelvey, Reina, Suso) they have yet to fill the gaps within the squad.

Whilst I've been very impressed with signings which have came in so far, I still think Liverpool need to improve on four positions: a left-back, centre-back, an attacking midfielder and a back up goalkeeper before the window closes.

Skrtel, Assaidi and Coates are probably the next to leave. I think they are very keen on Papadopolous, but there is too much hindering on his fitness. Siqueira seems to be the left-back coming in. There seems to be no signs of a attacking midfielder coming in (especially since Mkhitaryan went to Dortmund and the Costa deal died). I would like us to have a look a Willian, with all the uproar that seems to happened at Anzhi. Brad Jones is no where near good enough to be on the bench for us. Ibe will probably fill Assaidi's role within the squad.

Out of the teams who are realistically aiming at finishing fourth this season (Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal) I feel that Spurs have by far done the best business. They have the luxury of having two quality players in nearly every position. The league is alot stronger this year, teams like Southampton, Norwich and West Ham will be very hard to beat.

A LB without a doubt, seems that we may sort it out. A CB or two depending on who stays. Unfortunately, BR doesn't seem to want Kelly in a central position.
A new LW is also needed. We have Coutinho as AMC and we could push up Gerrard at times, or Hendo.

Rooney staying, don't know how I feel about that. He's acted like a utter nob but I've always said we couldn't afford to sell him to Chelsea.

It's not good news, it's just not...bad news, if that makes sense.

I have no idea what we're gonna do with him. He doesn't want to stay, a significant portion of the fans don't want him to stay. He hasn't been playing at his best...I can't see where the motivation for him to do that will come from. We pay him loads every week.

It's just a mess. I'm not sure what happened at the end of last season but Fergie obv. thought he was being really clever but basically...he wasn't. The situation has clearly not played out the way United expected it to and now Moyes is left to deal with it.

Bit of a joke really.

D_prOdigy

Cleff, I know your feels. I went through the same thing last year. We chased all the big names, failed and then panic set in.

I'm here for you.

ApnPWFe.png

Thiago is coming, don't you worry about that.

spidye

according to SportBild Arsenal is not willing to pay that much for Gustavo.

and supposedly Dynamo moscow is trying to get him now

Wenger pls

according to SportBild Arsenal is not willing to pay that much for Gustavo.

and supposedly Dynamo moscow is trying to get him now

Wenger pls

Hahahaha.

I have no right to laugh at other clubs in this transfer window but bloody hell (if true).

Heh, Stuart Pearce is a pundit for the England U21 match

Oh! Reminds me to watch it, should be good. Sterling and Hughes playing. Also Michael Keane the next Jonny Evans.

Milan guys, you shouldn't be that afraid of PSV. It is a young team with a lot of potential (bakkali,maher,depay,rekik) but you can't expect miracles from them.

I expect milan to beat us in san siro by 3, 4-0.
As of today, I'm more afraid of our defense. De Sciglio and Abate haven't played a lot this summer and might still need a couple of matches, so we'll probably have to put Constant on the left and God knows who on the right. The rest of the squad seems to be pretty much ready, imho.
True. Except that nobody in Milan cared about that game because we already secured the second spot in the group after winning 3-1 vs Anderlecht a couple of weeks before.

Also, we beat you guys at home, where you had a pretty long unbeaten streak iirc. All of this while we were living the worst moment of last season. :p

Labadal

Hahahaha.

I have no right to laugh at other clubs in this transfer window but bloody hell (if true).

Oh! Reminds me to watch it, should be good. Sterling and Hughes playing. Also Michael Keane the next Jonny Evans.

Raheem? Surprised, considering him acting like a complete moron. I guess as long as you're English, things like that quickly gets forgotten, lol.

Labadal

Me too.

My problem is should i leave Bale out and bring in Hazard and Lukaku?

I wanted to have Bale, but I ended up with Mata, Couitnho, Y. Toure, Cazorla. Can't afford Bale.

I have Lukaku and Benteke but I'm scared as fuck that Lukaku won't be a starter.

I have three Chelsea players because they have two games. Benteke also has two games.

kharma45

It's not good news, it's just not...bad news, if that makes sense.

I have no idea what we're gonna do with him. He doesn't want to stay, a significant portion of the fans don't want him to stay. He hasn't been playing at his best...I can't see where the motivation for him to do that will come from. We pay him loads every week.

It's just a mess. I'm not sure what happened at the end of last season but Fergie obv. thought he was being really clever but basically...he wasn't. The situation has clearly not played out the way United expected it to and now Moyes is left to deal with it.

Bit of a joke really.

I guess it being a WC year could be motivation.

I'd rather hold on to him until the end of his contract and turn him into a big giant fat fuck than sell him to Chelsea.

I'd rather have Rooney for the sheer fact that no one else has him.

As is cited in the Guardian article, when Liverpool sold Torres to Chelsea there was a clear concession of position going on there. We can't be seen to be doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom