• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on to your cocks lads...

Tony Barrett has said we've moved for Willian.

Spurs also interested.

Must...not...fud...

Though with Spurs interested there's no chance. Not getting my hopes up. No. Not happening. At all. Ever. No chance. None at all.

pls happen

Hixx

@Meier: Yeah, I loved it!

-

Preseason table :

[im]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRkiccYCIAA3ufh.jpg:large[/img]

This IS the year.

I CAN FEEL IT

We played 5.

Anyway, what a goal CWICKZ. Finish of the millenium

And we've been linked strongly today with De Ceglie of Juve. Know nothing about him.

Arnie

Spurs also interested.

Pay whatever money they ask.

Means Coutinho can shift into the centre, and increases our Brazilian linkup.

Surely we can out-wage Spurs.

jtb

Banned
catching up on the Rooney business; would it be overly optimistic to speculate that United might be willing to let Rooney go to Arsenal since we're so far removed from the title picture, compared to Chelsea? doesn't seem like anyone actually wants Rooney to stay at United at this point, they're just refusing to sell on principle.

Walshy

Pay whatever money they ask.

Means Coutinho can shift into the centre, and increases our Brazilian linkup.

Surely we can out-wage Spurs.
He could play on the left, with Suarez on the right and Coutinho behind Sturridge.

It's not going to happen though.

catching up on the Rooney business; would it be overly optimistic to speculate that United might be willing to let Rooney go to Arsenal since we're so far removed from the title picture, compared to Chelsea? doesn't seem like anyone actually wants Rooney to stay at United at this point, they're just refusing to sell on principle.

We're not selling him at all IMO. Not to anybody in England anyway.

"Every time I get the chance, I watch Liverpool. They are a very important club and alot of players would jump at the chance of playing for them, they have a great chance to get back to the top of English football"

Said by one, Will.I.An.

I think he's a Liverpool player at this point. Signing of the summer.

LTWheels

Spurs also interested.

From 2011:
"Every time I get the chance I watch Liverpool," he said. "They are a very important club and a lot of players would jump at the chance to play for them.

"Despite all their problems they have a great chance to get back to the top of English football again. I remember watching their midfielder Lucas doing an interview for Sport TV in Brazil and he was showing a camera crew around.

"He spoke so highly about Anfield and we saw that the facilities behind the scenes are fantastic."

Feorax

Ben Smith from the BBC also confirming our interest.

itshappening.gif

EDIT: Banned paper and the Mirror too.

Mignolet; Johnson, Toure, Agger, Enrique; Gerrard, Lucas; Willian, Coutinho, Suarez; Sturridge.

Likely Sirqueira to come in too.

If only...

FootballFan

Is this the point where like with Mkhitaryan people start pretending to have watched him play in Ukraine/Russia?

:O

MtcpuD1.gif

Kenka

Well by 2018 Berezutski will be 36 himself, lol. Granat is a bit shit ((although I've always had a soft spot for him since he's from my home town) and more of a LB than a CB anyway . Burlak is rotting at Loko getting no playing time, he needs to make a move to a bottom half of the table team to really progress. My only real hope is Bryzgalov over at Spartak but if they end up buying Alderweireld then Bryzgalov won't get any playing time at all over there. Fuck those Spartak cunts!
On that we agree. I never could like Spartak even back in the 90's.
And to begin with all things russian football, they should have kept a CIS league from the get go back in 1992. I want my Spartak Minsk-Dinamo Tbilissi fixtures for heaven's sake.

Is Paul Joyce of the Express reliable at all? Says we're "confident of matching the asking price of £30million and paying Willian’s £100,000-a-week wages"

Is Paul Joyce of the Express reliable at all? Says we're "confident of matching the asking price of £30million and paying Willian’s £100,000-a-week wages"

It's The Express, probably not.

But considering Liverpool were willing to pay £25m for Mkhitaryan...not much of a push to say they could pay £30m and £100k is easily affordable too.

Problem for Liverpool would most likely be other clubs wanting him, just like Mkh.

Arnie

From 2011:
"Every time I get the chance I watch Liverpool," he said. "They are a very important club and a lot of players would jump at the chance to play for them.

"Despite all their problems they have a great chance to get back to the top of English football again. I remember watching their midfielder Lucas doing an interview for Sport TV in Brazil and he was showing a camera crew around.

"He spoke so highly about Anfield and we saw that the facilities behind the scenes are fantastic."

STAHP

Get me Will.i.an and Papa and i'll turn my arsehole into a molehill.

It's The Express, probably not.

But considering Liverpool were willing to pay £25m for Mkhitaryan...not much of a push to say they could pay £30m and £100k is easily affordable too.

Problem for Liverpool would most likely be other clubs wanting him, just like Mkh.

You have to remember though that 100k in Russia is more like 150k in England due to the tax differences.

You have to remember though that 100k in Russia is more like 150k in England due to the tax differences.
Ah that's true.

Willian would probably take a bit of a pay cut though, I mean I am just speculating but I reckon he would to move from the Russian league to EPL worlds best league.

He's still doing a decent job, isn't he? Haven't followed United a lot lately, but he was good against us when we last met in the Champions League.

He was yeah (although even last season he came back unfit and chubby), but his situation has only gotten worse, even training with the fucking reserves (which no amount of pathetic United PR can spin) and now having to play under Moyes who he doesn't like one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom