• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
We should've moved for Jovetic or Soldado I guess. Tons of decent to great strikers have moved this window, that we haven't signed anyone is inexcusable. Hopefully it's not too late for a move for Dzeko.
Its unbelievable that another season of only Giroud is what we're in for.

Doubt we'll get Gustavo either at this point.

Feorax

I've just unfollowed Tony Evans on twitter. All he does is bitch and moan about the club these days. He obviously still harbours a massive grudge against FSG/Rodgers for Kenny being sacked.

Can't remember the last story he broke either. Everything comes through Hunter, Barrett or the Echo these days.

Spanish press saying there's an offer for Modric 45-50 millions, from Utd. They say it could happen.

There's hope Utd-gaf.

edit: It's Ozil apparently, wtf? I doubt this. Modric I could see it, but Ozil???

Modric or Ozil, hhhhng, I'm on board with either.

But I know this is bullshit cos of the 45 million figure. That's like £38m.

Guys I can't do it anymore.

We aren't buying anybody.

I'm at my lowest point.

I will accept James McCarthy.

Fergie pls come back :(

Worst transfer season ever.

As I was saying, Moyes had 2 things to do. Give Januzaj a new contract and buy a midfielder. He's 0/2 right now.

He better play Petrucci or someone in midfield. That's better than playing a defender in midfield. Fucking Tunnicliffe can get game time with the first team, but he can't? Fucking Dong played 3 games for United. Fucking Bebe played 7 games for the first team. Obertan played 28 games.

Now that I've listed those names and their game time. Januzaj better get game time. If those idiots were given game time, why can't they do the same for youth when the club preaches youth?

jk I've already realized that you get more first team opportunities if you're bought (no matter the age) than if you played for the reserves first.

Worst transfer season ever.

As I was saying, Moyes had 2 things to do. Give Januzaj a new contract and buy a midfielder. He's 0/2 right now.

He better play Petrucci or someone in midfield. That's better than playing a defender in midfield. Fucking Tunnicliffe can get game time with the first team, but he can't? Fucking Dong played 3 games for United. Fucking Bebe played 7 games for the first team. Obertan played 28 games.

Now that I've listed those names and their game time. Januzaj better get game time. If those idiots were given game time, why can't they do the same for youth when the club preaches youth?

jk I've already realized that you get more first team opportunities if you're bought (no matter the age) than if you played for the reserves first.
Dw Adnan is gonna play, Moyes wants an academy player to promote so he can say "hey look! keeping the clubs traditions alive!".

But yeah, until he signs a contract we're just training up a star for somebody else.

We will get a midfielder, surely...there's no way we don't.

Lightning

Banned
We should've moved for Jovetic or Soldado I guess. Tons of decent to great strikers have moved this window, that we haven't signed anyone is inexcusable. Hopefully it's not too late for a move for Dzeko.
Because of Wenger's control I'm really starting to think we're better off without him. His moral principles piss me off to no end.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didn't take Yurt long to dig out some shit-nuggets from Tony Evans' timeline :p

I'm soo high and his TL is extra funny right now
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

jtb

Banned
Its unbelievable that another season of only Giroud is what we're in for.

Doubt we'll get Gustavo either at this point.

Because of Wenger's control I'm really starting to think we're better off without him. His moral principles piss me off to no end.

I don't know who is to blame but a serious shake-up is in order, preferably sooner rather than later. I'm becoming more and more convinced a DOF is absolutely necessary; either Wenger is being overworked to the point of incompetence or Wenger is actively sabotaging his own efforts at the club, neither of which inspires much confidence.

I'd be surprised if we missed out on Gustavo though. And very pissed.

There has been some talk about Madrid's money problems. They supposedly wanted to pay for Bale most in instalments, with only 20m up front. Spurs supposedly have not yet received all the instalments for Modric. Madrid are suppose to be behind on payments.

Madrid's debt starting to bite?

Seems like Madrid wants to pay the fee in 5 years, so 20m each year. I think the biggest problem is that we still have 120m or so in debt, we've been reducing that figure in the last years so getting Bale will be going backwards. Perez knows he can't allow that.

Feorax

I don't know who is to blame but a serious shake-up is in order, preferably sooner rather than later. I'm becoming more and more convinced a DOF is absolutely necessary; either Wenger is being overworked to the point of incompetence or Wenger is actively sabotaging his own efforts at the club, neither of which inspires much confidence.

I'd be surprised if we missed out on Gustavo though. And very pissed.

Our system seems to have been working very well since Jan. Might be the way to go if someone higher up is averse to spending the big bucks.

willow ve

Ronaldo to Utd
Rooney to Chelsea
Luiz to Barca
David Villa to Spurs
Bale to Madrid

Would have all worked out if Villa would have been willing to play at Spurs. Instead none of this will happen.

Dazzler

I've just unfollowed Tony Evans on twitter. All he does is bitch and moan about the club these days. He obviously still harbours a massive grudge against FSG/Rodgers for Kenny being sacked.

Can't remember the last story he broke either. Everything comes through Hunter, Barrett or the Echo these days.

He turns into an absolute idiot most evenings after he's had a few beers aswell

unbelievably pro-Kenny

Had to unfollow him a while back

Zabojnik

Any truth to the De Ceglie rumor or is it the usual Tuttosport bullshit? Sunderland ready to bid 4.5M€, apparently. Looool, we'd have to make De Canio Juve's honorary president or something. Sounds too good to be true.

preghiera.jpg

GorillaJu

If we keep Suarez, manage to sign Willian, and a centre back and that Siqueria fella I'd jizz everywhere

/dreamworld

Liverpool FC 2013/2014 Champions League winners.

Bacon of Hope FC 2013/2014 Fantasy Premier League champion.

I don't even know why you people try to compete.

FootballFan

wtf now tancredi is popping up as a source on other sites, I thought he was a joke character you guys used lol.

"About an hour ago journalist Tancredi Palmeri tweeted that Lionel Messi told the media he would not be participating in the midweek international friendly versus Italy."

BB S307 and 08

sogood.gif

Real spoilers:

Gus is a badass, not really liking the direction they've taken Jesse in, they've removed all traces of warmth and humour from him. Couldn;t believe they killed off the two twins so early, thought they'd wait until the season finale for that. The shootout in the car park was awesome

Something confused me though, when Gomis (Gomez?) shows Walt the suviving twin, Walt looks at him as though he recognises him. As far as I'm aware though, Walt has no idea that they even exist, let alone knowing what they look like.

Spoiler for people who have watched it in its entirety:

Its a bit annoying that I knew Hank survives because people post gifs and pictures of him from later seasons all over the place.

FootballFan

^It gets better, I agree with you about everything there. Trying not to put a spoiler into this post so that's all I can say lol.

"Busquets Signature Move"

Vid of him making fools out of Pirlo, Ozil, Benzema, Isco, Banega and a few others with the same move.

Octopus of Badia.

Legend.

How do you change the settings for the screen size on the PS3 Youtube app? Its cutting off about an inch on all sides.

What a shite app it is in general. Shite search controls, unintuitive playback controls.

rodvik

^It gets better, I agree with you about everything there. Trying not to put a spoiler into this post so that's all I can say lol.

Vid of him making fools out of Pirlo, Ozil, Benzema, Isco, Banega and a few others with the same move.

Octopus of Badia.

Legend.

Nice. Some of those moves when he is playing out from the back are ludicrously risky, I cant remember when he got caught out though.

FootballFan

Nice. Some of those moves when he is playing out from the back are ludicrously risky, I cant remember when he got caught out though.

Funny you say that, one of his more popular youtube videos is called something like "Biscuit - player without errors" lol.

Tbf he made errors when he started out, gave away goals and shitty back passes. Everyone wanted Pep to put Yaya back in there instead, but Pep didn't listen.

Pep is a genius.

Octopus of Badia.

Legend.

They should scout the shit out of that move and expose Biscuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom