• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

g6vfLsR.gif

You mean this, right?

Aaaaaaaahahshaahahahaahhahaahahaha

:|

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
^It gets better, I agree with you about everything there. Trying not to put a spoiler into this post so that's all I can say lol.

"Busquets Signature Move"

Vid of him making fools out of Pirlo, Ozil, Benzema, Isco, Banega and a few others with the same move.

Octopus of Badia.

Legend.
Amazing.

Wooden was complaining of all the sexy gifs that get posted here

To tip the scale:

No I wasn't. Just saying I don't really get it, if I wanted to jerk off or appreciate the female anatomy there is far better sites for it than NeoGAF where we have to constantly be sure we don't cross the magic too much line.

Lightning

Banned
So Suarez is staying? Knew it was a mistake to let Higuain go, I wonder if we even have a backup plan.
Back up plan? I doubt it. We're just going to get random names thrown around the media now. Not enough time to do anything of note now.

Only players available are players clubs no longer want or have serious baggage, A lot on Giroud's shoulders again this coming season.

Plasma

Banned
Back up plan? I doubt it. We're just going to get random names thrown around the media now. Not enough time to do anything of note now.

Only players available are players clubs no longer want or have serious baggage, A lot on Giroud's shoulders again this coming season.

The Mirror says our backup plan is Michu or Dzeko, which is really underwhelming considering we let Higuain, Villa and Jovetic go without bidding on them.

Arnie

Come here, Luis. Let's hug. I'm sorry.

You fucking ratfaced cunt.

The Mirror says our backup plan is Michu or Dzeko, which is really underwhelming considering we let Higuain, Villa and Jovetic go without bidding on them.
I think Dzeko's top, top class.

Build your attack around him like Dortmund have done with Lewa and he'd be phenomenal. Personally prefer him to Higauin.

jtb

Banned
I really hope we don't go for Michu. He had a good season, no doubt, but I'm not sold on him being more than a one-season wonder so far—not to meniton, his fee is bound to be ridiculously inflated at this stage. Dzeko is by far the best we can do, at this point. I'd be delighted if we got him.

Arnie

Although the other positive of Suarez staying is I can line up each and every Arsenal fan in here, stand 3mm from their face, and scream :LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL so hard that bits of my abdomen explode from my mouth and pockmark their face.

Apart from GHG, I genuinely think he's a bit slow so it'd be wrong.

Expect him to post that this increases their chances of getting him.

"I can't believe Liverpool fans think a deal isn't possible."

Plasma

Banned
I think Dzeko's top, top class.

Build your attack around him like Dortmund have done with Lewa and he'd be phenomenal. Personally prefer him to Higauin.

Just seems a bit similar to Giroud and I doubt Man City would sell him to us anyway.

I think if we come out of this transfer window without having signed a quality forward all my faith I have in Wenger will be gone, he had the money, targets and plenty of time to bring people in and so far all we have is Sanogo.

I'm not that confident that we'll sign Gustavo either, Ornstein at the BBC says that we are interested but haven't even bid for him yet.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Greg Stobart (who is a decent Spurs journo):

Tottenham have made Erik Lamela their top target to replace Gareth Bale - and may sign the Roma winger this summer even if the Welshman stays at White Hart Lane.

That would be fucking amazing. But it won't happen, if Lamela joins it will be to replace Bale.

Lightning

Banned
Just seems a bit similar to Giroud and I doubt Man City would sell him to us anyway.

I think if we come out of this transfer window without having signed a quality forward all my faith I have in Wenger will be gone, he had the money, targets and plenty of time to bring people in and so far all we have is Sanogo.

I'm not that confident that we'll sign Gustavo either, Ornstein at the BBC says that we are interested but haven't even bid for him yet.
I really think Wenger has too much authority. Once Wenger goes we need to fix that... and Wenger's contract shouldn't be renewed if we don't win anything this season or finish outside the top 4. This shit is unacceptable.

Mastadon

Banned
Greg Stobart (who is a decent Spurs journo):

That would be fucking amazing. But it won't happen, if Lamela joins it will be to replace Bale.

Lamela is class, would absolutely love to have him in the Premier League. Plus it'd mean you wouldn't be in for Willian ;)

jtb

Banned
No one is buying Dzeko. We are not selling him.

Don't City have 4 top strikers? Negredo, Jovetic, Aguero, and Dzeko. They can't all get minutes... I think a deal for Dzeko would probably benefit all parties involved and thus could be on the cards. well, more likely than any deal for Suarez or Rooney, anyways.

I really think Wenger has too much authority. Once Wenger goes we need to fix that... and Wenger's contract shouldn't be renewed if we don't win anything this season or finish outside the top 4. This shit is unacceptable.

Agreed, but I think this decision lies solely in Wenger's hands. The board will renew no matter what; the club is finally making pretty significant strides in revenue growth with the new sponsorship + TV deals and they (much like Wenger) are conservative to a fault—they will avoid rocking the boat at all costs, I think. And if Wenger is content with letting this squad compete for fourth place every single season rather than chase a new challenge, then I think the next couple years ahead of us are going to be pretty damn boring.

Salazar

(NYSE:MANU) English Premier League football club Manchester United and prestigious global watchmaker Bulova have today announced a three-year sponsorship agreement to become the club's official timekeeper and global partner.

Established in the USA in 1875, Bulova is a world leader in the manufacturing of timepieces and clocks. Much like Manchester United, Bulova is a company steeped in history and a pioneer in its industry.

Bulova has long been known for its technological prowess and quality craftsmanship. It presented the first full lines of men's and ladies' wristwatches, invented the first clock radio in 1928 and was the first manufacturer to offer electric clocks in 1931.

Its Bulova Accutron watch revolutionised the way the world told time by offering the first fully electronic timekeeping, providing a technology of unprecedented accuracy that was used by NASA in numerous space missions, including Apollo 11, the first moon landing.

Recognised today as a world leader in diamond watch styling, the company has also continued its record of technological creativity with recent innovations such as the Bulova Precisionist, with a proprietary advanced precision quartz movement, and the Bulova Accutron Calibrator, the first automatic timepiece that allows wearers to fine-tune its accuracy.

SIGN A FUCKING PLAYER

FUCK COMMERCIAL PARTNERS

FUCK THEM TO DEATH

Ushojax

Marca (lol) are saying Bale and Levy will have a meeting when he returns from pretend-international duty. Bale still wants to leave and Levy still thinks Madrid haven't offered enough.

I think the best thing about potentially getting top 4 next season will be not having to deal with these fucking sagas. There will be no 'I need CL football' shit, the tone of the Bale reporting is driving me up the wall, now various rags are saying Bale 'doesn't want to play for Tottenham again'. We've paid him almost £500k for the last month of fannying around pretending to be injured, the cheeky twat.

Lightning

Banned
Agreed, but I think this decision lies solely in Wenger's hands. The board will renew no matter what; the club is finally making pretty significant strides in revenue growth with the new sponsorship + TV deals and they (much like Wenger) are conservative to a fault—they will avoid rocking the boat at all costs, I think. And if Wenger is content with letting this squad compete for fourth place every single season rather than chase a new challenge, then I think the next couple years ahead of us are going to be pretty damn boring.
Dude, the coming 4th, is coming to an end anyway. We are the only team either standing still or moving backwards while everyone arounds us strides forward. How can our core players be expected to compete with Spurs, City, Chelsea and United? They can't and won't. We keep the path we're on and that revenue won't be there for long because everyone will walk away.

I don't understand what Wenger is trying to prove. His happiness of his earlier days is all gone, he's grumpy and snappy, clearly not enjoying as much as he needs to yet he brings it all upon himself. Most managers crave more money to spend, Wenger wants to operate on Swansea's budget and have everyone hammering him year after year for it, The media pressure this year is going to be crazy, not to mention the booos from our fans the moment we are not winning,. Have fun Arsene.

JonnyBrad

Tony Evans is rather like some of the more extreme elements of RAWK really. Still has a massive chip on his shoulder about Kenny being sacked. He wants us to have 11 players on the pitch who play for the badge and not the money. Its 2013 though ffs. Not many players love the club they play for but if they put in the effort on the pitch (which Suarez will) I don't give too many fucks.

Also its a shame most Liverpool boards are private. YNWA and RAOTL are pretty level headed compared to the idiot hoover that is RAWK. Which is an embarrassment to most fans.

Tony Evans is rather like some of the more extreme elements of RAWK really. Still has a massive chip on his shoulder about Kenny being sacked. He wants us to have 11 players on the pitch who play for the badge and not the money. Its 2013 though ffs. Not many players love the club they play for but if they put in the effort on the pitch (which Suarez will) I don't give too many fucks.

Also its a shame most Liverpool boards are private. YNWA and RAOTL are pretty level headed compared to the idiot hoover that is RAWK. Which is an embarrassment to most fans.

Ever been on TLW? Its worse than RAWK, somehow :p

Plasma

Banned
The media pressure this year is going to be crazy, not to mention the booos from our fans the moment we are not winning,. Have fun Arsene.

We play Spurs in our third game in as well, if we haven't signed anyone and we lose to them I wouldn't be surprised to hear Wenger Out chants.

dc89

Don't City have 4 top strikers? Negredo, Jovetic, Aguero, and Dzeko. They can't all get minutes... I think a deal for Dzeko would probably benefit all parties involved and thus could be on the cards. well, more likely than any deal for Suarez or Rooney, anyways.

Yup. But I think Dzeko will flourish in the system Pellegrini is trying to implement. He was pretty decent in pre-season, now we have a genuine winger who can cross we'll see Dzeko bag goals.

Walshy

Sánto ‏@Zizouology 20m
BREAKING: Liverpool actively negotiating for Willian. They offered £30M, Anzhi want £35M but #LFC not willing to pay £35M [Спорт-Экспресс]

Just pay £35m.
Don't know how good the source is

Ushojax

Sánto ‏@Zizouology 20m
BREAKING: Liverpool actively negotiating for Willian. They offered £30M, Anzhi want £35M but #LFC not willing to pay £35M [Спорт-Экспресс]

Just pay £35m.
Don't know how good the source is

Isn't this the guy that said Bernard was going to Arsenal?

Anyway, I think this is a signing Liverpool can get done. A front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Willian with Coutinho behind would be pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom