• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal wins? Hell no.

1-5

zmZ1jM0.png

the dutch are our bitches, last (and only) time they won the Megadrive was coming out, AC/DC were relevant and Samantha Fox didn't look like a leather bag.

Mastadon

Banned
Isn't this the guy that said Bernard was going to Arsenal?

Anyway, I think this is a signing Liverpool can get done. A front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Willian with Coutinho behind would be pretty damn good.

Just a LB, CB and potentially a backup DM and we'll be looking okay!

Salazar

Martinez has told the Echo he reckons we have stopped chasing Baines.

I dunno if he saw how willing we were to get kicked in the teeth over and over again over Fabregas.

Oops lol

Wonder if anyone outside the 2 clubs involved really cares about Liverpool-Everton, Newcastle-Sunderland or Birmingham-Villa. Those fixtures throw up some bloody awful matches.

Liverpool-Man City has turned into a brilliant fixture imo, both teams go for the throat when we play eachother, and its played at a very high intensity. Well, for the last 2 seasons at least.

Carbonox

What's going on with Alderweireld?

First he gets linked with Roma, then Liverpool and now Newcastle/Norwich are favourites? lolwot

I'd love him at Newcastle, don't get me wrong but we have no chance getting him.

Spanish TV show Punto Pelota has made a claim that United's new top target is Mesut Ozil. The Real Madrid star is said to be the subject of a £40million approach and could ask the club to accept any offer if Gareth Bale arrives at the Bernabeu to increase competition for places as he is reportedly aware of the interest from David Moyes.

lolercopters

LegoArmo

If Liverpool signed Willian and a centre back, they would be a lot closer to getting in the top 4 in my mind, and they'd do it playing sexy, skilful football.

Mastadon

Banned
If Liverpool signed Willian and a centre back, they would be a lot closer to getting in the top 4 in my mind, and they'd do it playing sexy, skilful football.

Apparently we've popped a cheeky bid in for Sakho, but I'd imagine there would be a lot of other clubs going for him too, like Arsenal and Monaco etc.

LegoArmo

Apparently we've popped a cheeky bid in for Sakho, but I'd imagine there would be a lot of other clubs going for him too, like Arsenal and Monaco etc.

If it all comes off, you should be very pleased. You're doing the kind of gradual building needed to build a team worthy of challenging.

bjaelke

What's going on with Alderweireld?

First he gets linked with Roma, then Liverpool and now Newcastle/Norwich are favourites? lolwot

I'd love him at Newcastle, don't get me wrong but we have no chance getting him.
Everton and Tottenham Hotspur could both be set to lose out on Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld, who appears close to a switch to Russian Premier League side Spartak Moscow.
:lol

Mastadon

Banned
Alderweireld is an odd situation. He's been linked to us all summer but there doesn't seem to be any real interest from our side. Looks like purely agent drivel similar to Aly Cissokho

Labadal

Alderweireld is an odd situation. He's been linked to us all summer but there doesn't seem to be any real interest from our side. Looks like purely agent drivel similar to Aly Cissokho
I hope it's just agent drivel. Can't say that I think Alderwhatshisname has what it takes for the PL.

I'd rather see him go to England than Russia to be fair. But let him wait a two more weeks. His stand-in is currently injured.

Kinan

Loved Kinan's post but I had to smile at this bit. Nothing like a little confidence in your team's players.

Laugh all you want, but Shakhtar made an 14M€ offer for Khacheridi last week. The president stated that Zhenya is not for sale. If he will be stupid enough to sell him to our main rivals the Dynamo fans will riot, thats for sure.

On a sad note, the team's last week performance was a disaster. Something is wrong within the team, maybe Europe League start will bring some positive momentum we so desperately need. :p

GHG

Dude, the coming 4th, is coming to an end anyway. We are the only team either standing still or moving backwards while everyone arounds us strides forward. How can our core players be expected to compete with Spurs, City, Chelsea and United? They can't and won't. We keep the path we're on and that revenue won't be there for long because everyone will walk away.

I don't understand what Wenger is trying to prove. His happiness of his earlier days is all gone, he's grumpy and snappy, clearly not enjoying as much as he needs to yet he brings it all upon himself. Most managers crave more money to spend, Wenger wants to operate on Swansea's budget and have everyone hammering him year after year for it, The media pressure this year is going to be crazy, not to mention the booos from our fans the moment we are not winning,. Have fun Arsene.

Yep. If he thinks this squad is good enough and ge truely believes there are no players out there that we can buy that will improve us he's more deluded than I thought.

We need a top class striker, 2 midfielders a defender and goalkeeper. Our squad is paper thin now. 2 injuries and we are royally screwed.

I dont understand what hes trying to achieve... Players have been available this year, more so than most other years and we are more static than ever. Even if we manage to pull off signing Gustavo its both too late and not enough.

Soldado was available, Negredo was available, Jovetic was available. All for around 20-25m. Cavani, Higuain and Falcao were available in the bracket above for 40-50m. All within our mystical 70m budget. But no, thats too obvious... Lets sign some injury prone lanky young french kid for free instead and take a gamble. May i add, this striker we gambled on is ALREADY injured and is a doubt for the Villa game. You couldn't write this stuff.

This year i was convinced things would be different because there could be no more excuses. Our debt is under control, we have the 4th strongest cashflow of any club in the world, we have signed some lucrative commercial deals and for once, none of our players have left. Red nose has left, Mancini got the chop and the circus across the river at Chelsea continues. We couldnt have been in a better position going into this summer.

But yet, we chose to waste our time pissing about with lowball bids for the leagues most hated racist cannibal... I dont fucking get it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Brazil Coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has hit out at Barcelona, blaming the club for Neymar’s recent health problems.

The young attacker had his tonsils removed earlier in the summer in order to be able to put on weight more easily, as the player had been suffering chronic infections which would make him lose weight while ill.

However, after the operation the 21-year-old was found to be suffering from anaemia and has lost seven kilos.

And the Selecao tactician has criticised the Blaugrana for their handling of the striker.

“It’s unacceptable for Neymar to have anaemia,” he told a Press conference. “He was with Barcelona before the Confederations Cup and he was fine.

“At the moment it’s clear he’s not the same, he underwent surgery.

“It seems it was that lot [Barcelona], who know everything, who are always right. It’s obvious Neymar was going to lose weight after the surgery.”

Anderson

Completely agree with you GHG, especially that last part, the top 3 all have had a change of manager and we could of been nice and settled going into this season, with the wealth of the corporate deals to bring in players to maybe challenge this year

Just feels like a huge opportunity missed and as much as I love AW, I'm hoping so much he doesn't renew this year, something's gotta give eventually

https://twitter.com/Jagsy10/status/367557983170879488/photo/1

Salvadora

Completely agree with you GHG, especially that last part, the top 3 all have had a change of manager and we could of been nice and settled going into this season, with the wealth of the corporate deals to bring in players to maybe challenge this year

Just feels like a huge opportunity missed and as much as I love AW, I'm hoping so much he doesn't renew this year, something's gotta give eventually

https://twitter.com/Jagsy10/status/367557983170879488/photo/1
That's out of date already as Sanogo, Walcott & Ramsey are all injured lol :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom