• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Anzhi dominoes just started falling:

Summary

-Shatov(young, talented Russian midfielder) to Zenit. Official, price unknown.
-Kokorin, Denisov and Zhirkov to Dinamo Moscow. 45 million, 99% done.
-Boussoufa to Loko. 13 million, 99% done.

Edit: Dinamo's new sugar daddy scares me. They're a legit title contender now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
spurs are reportedly interested in willian, too

they are like a parasite who latch onto us during the transfer window, it's embarrassing

lol

Of course only Liverpool's mighty scouting team could unearth a hidden gem like Willian. Who cost €40m and shat on Chelsea in the CL with Shaktar.

Timurid

The Anzhi dominoes just started falling:

Summary

-Shatov(young, talented Russian midfielder) to Zenit. Official, price unknown.
-Kokorin, Denisov and Zhirkov to Dinamo Moscow. 45 million, 99% done.
-Boussoufa to Loko. 13 million, 99% done.

Edit: Dinamo's new sugar daddy scares me. They're a legit title contender now.

Did Kokorin lie about his age or it was someone else?

Did Kokorin lie about his age or it was someone else?

Yes, I do remember hearing some rumours about Kokorin. Would be silly though, in Russia you should lie to make yourself older instead, since they don't seem to like giving younger footballers a chance.

BTW, all this "rumour" is based on is some guy saying that Kokorin was bigger than the other kids he played against when he was younger.

willow ve

I think Ade and Defoe are both on the transfer list. I don't think anyone wants to pay Ade's wage though, given City are still paying half of it for us, he'll probably stay. He can still be a good player for us, he just has horrendous luck. Just when he was looking sharp and about to have his first full pre-season with us, his brother passed away and he's been away on compassionate leave. Poor chap. That celebration against City was the funniest thing I've ever seen but he's not like that anymore. The bus shooting incident genuinely changed him.

Huddlestone has joined Hull and it looks like Livermore has gone there on loan as well. I'll miss Huddlestone but after the injuries he wasnt the same.
Ade doesn't have bad luck, he had a bad work rate. He's only motivated in contact years. Give him a three month contract and he would score 20+ goals a season as he fights for his career. Give him three years and watch him be lazy and bored.

Which English team, if any, will make a pig's ear of their CL campaign? I reckon Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea will go out in the last 16, City in the quarters

Which English team, if any, will make a pig's ear of their CL campaign? I reckon Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea will go out in the last 16, City in the quarters

Depends on the draw really. Not sure what the seeds are like this season but if United get a group a bit like Chelsea's last season we could go out in the groups.

City are due an easier group this year, I reckon they'll get through this season.

rvy

Banned
Ideally we wouldn't have someone who isn't participating in the thread joining.

The Hut does this every year, but if you haven't pre-ordered FIFA yet, they have this deal right now:

Makes sense, the only thing you can do with FIFA is wipe your butt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The representative of Mauricio Isla has confirmed that he will speak with both Juventus and Inter in the near future.

“Our intention is to talk with Juventus in order to verify a few things about Mauricio,” Claudio Vagheggi told FC Inter News. “After August 15, we’ll discuss the situation with them.

“I think I’ll also speak with Inter. We want to understand if they still feel the same way about the player as they did. If they are still keen then a move could happen, no doubt.

“Ten days ago everything was agreed, but then Conte put a stop to it, yet I am convinced that talks can be re-opened if Inter stepped forward.”

tumblr_mbb1z5ivK71qhvkubo1_400.gif

FUCK THE FUCK OFF
Gotcha. I will play the shit out of W3, obviously, but I kinda wish we'd get Cyberpunk 2077 first.
Zabo, you're the last butt I expected to stab. TW3 > Everything.
I can't believe Mauri (Lazio) will get to play in the Supercup on Sunday.
How is that even possible?!

Linius

Ideally we wouldn't have someone who isn't participating in the thread joining.

The Hut does this every year, but if you haven't pre-ordered FIFA yet, they have this deal right now:

Wait what, I still need me some boxers. So I can buy a two pack of those boxers and FIFA 14 will cost me only +- 24 euros on top of that? Great deal.

subtles

Willian said:
"Every time I get the chance I watch Liverpool," he said. "They are a very important club and a lot of players would jump at the chance to play for them.

"Despite all their problems they have a great chance to get back to the top of English football again. I remember watching their midfielder Lucas doing an interview for Sport TV in Brazil and he was showing a camera crew around.

"He spoke so highly about Anfield and we saw that the facilities behind the scenes are fantastic.".

Our pursuit of Willian should be more fruitful than our previous endeavors (I hope).

Arnie

Hard to get too excited about Willian because I wanted Micky so much. He was the dream, everything else is below that. Dortmund have killed me.

Mastadon

Banned
Hard to get too excited about Willian because I wanted Micky so much. He was the dream, everything else is below that. Dortmund have killed me.

Not getting Micky was a blessing Arnie. Coutinho is now free to fulfil his destiny as Liverpool's #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom