• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

That the one which comes with 12 download codes for 2 good games+10 shit ones, and a small memory card

It shows 10 games, dunno about the other stuff, but when you're advertising utterly old crap like Ratchet & Clank Size Matters and LittleBigPlanet, there is a legitimately good reason why no one is interested.

I'm going to take a personal break for a few weeks/months. Need to get stuff in order and sorted out.

If we don't sign anyone I'm gonna be pissed as a flamingo.
Also Giroud is gonna tear up the league.

Gotta pay for dem rights somehow.

Still not sure whether to go for it. Not impressed at all with their choice of commentators and pundits, and streaming is getting more and more reliable. But it still doesn';t compare to being able to just watch a full game without the constant prospect of lag or disconnects or forced removals. And they have the first game of the season, so I want to get it done today if I do it at all.

I look back at what I got out of ESPN though, and it was pretty much nothing. 9 out of 10 games I watched on there, I only watched because they were on TV.

justjohn

Im currently watching premiership years 08/09 and had no idea how amazing that utd team was. Ronaldo, rooney, tevez, berbatov, vidic, carrick. Wow

Also lol @ rafa fact rant.

PowderedToast

it sucks that bt sport got the stoke game, but i'll be going the pub for the derby anyway and they don't seem to actually have that many matches when compared to sky's amount. and the pundits are awful

Meier

:p Why go for Pepe? You have all the money in the world....

I have no idea but ever since Pellegrini was in the picture, we've been linked. He must have really thought the world of him during his year at Madrid. Not a signing I'd be particularly excited about due to the cost and the possibility of negatively affecting Nastasic's growth.

Our physio is trying to cast a spell on Godwell. "Don't get injured, don't get injured.."

1151058_10153140118285455_176098864_n.jpg

Someone added the caption "Draw me like one of your french girls." to this which made me genuinely LOL.

1174948_10153140118270455_119998265_n.jpg

operon

Still not sure whether to go for it. Not impressed at all with their choice of commentators and pundits, and streaming is getting more and more reliable. But it still doesn';t compare to being able to just watch a full game without the constant prospect of lag or disconnects or forced removals. And they have the first game of the season, so I want to get it done today if I do it at all.

I look back at what I got out of ESPN though, and it was pretty much nothing. 9 out of 10 games I watched on there, I only watched because they were on TV.

Will you get it free with BT Broadband or pay, if your getting free sure 15 quid is far better than watching shitty streams with pop up adds every few mins

faridmon

I am surprised some prem team hasn't snapped up Abdi Ibrahim since he'd been linked to a number this year and we're supposedly letting him walk on a free a year early. Talented young kid.

Yeah, heard great deal about him and supposedly he is pretty good given his age and experience. I can see Swansea snapping him up. Hope we look into the guy but I am not holding my breath. If we have let Sinclair escape from us, how are we supposed to hunt for more hidden gems?

operon

TBF, he's never had a red card playing for us. God knows how though.

Mirror reporting we're now in talks to sign Willian, and we're happy to pay his £100k per week wages. We've probably saved that from shifting Jonjo and Downing alone.

Downing was on £90k a week wasn't he

Timurid

PSG wants Sakho to sign a contract extension then they'll loan him out. I think this is a good deal for both parties. PSG keeps their homegrown star for the next 4 years or so and Sakho gets the game time he wants. This fits perfectly for Liverpool especially that they need a defender this season.

Mastadon

Banned
PSG wants Sakho to sign a contract extension then they'll loan him out. I think this is a good deal for both parties. PSG keeps their homegrown star for the next 4 years or so and Sakho gets the game time he wants. This fits perfectly for Liverpool especially that they need a defender this season.

Yup we'd be all over that I'd imagine. Fingers crossed that happens then, I'd love Papa but I really like Sakho too.

Feorax

Yeah, I saw this before, it could be a great deal, and might give us the opportunity to re-assess where Papa is at with his injury next summer.

I suspect this could also be why we're no longer looking to loan a left back, but sign Siqueira on a permanent basis. Would be too disruptive to have too many defenders on loan at once.

Yen

Yeah, I saw this before, it could be a great deal, and might give us the opportunity to re-assess where Papa is at with his injury next summer.

I suspect this could also be why we're no longer looking to loan a left back, but sign Siqueira on a permanent basis. Would be too disruptive to have too many defenders on loan at once.

Yup we'd be all over that I'd imagine. Fingers crossed that happens then, I'd love Papa but I really like Sakho too.

Agreed

Mastadon

Banned
...............Mign The Merciless

..Johnson.....Sakho.....Agger.....Siqueira

...................Lucas.....Hendeity

........................Coutinho
.....Suarez...............................Will.I.An
........................Sturridge

Premier League Champions 2013/14.

spurs are reportedly interested in willian, too

they are like a parasite who latch onto us during the transfer window, it's embarrassing

They were linked long before us...

Wilbur

Banned
Im currently watching premiership years 08/09 and had no idea how amazing that utd team was. Ronaldo, rooney, tevez, berbatov, vidic, carrick. Wow

Also lol @ rafa fact rant.

On paper formation, that team was incredible.

Van der Sar
Neville - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Carrick - Hargreaves/Scholes
Tevez - Rooney - Ronaldo
Berbatov

Mastadon

Banned
This thing Liverpool fans have about Spurs scouting network is weird. Considering Liverpool and Spurs are in a relatively similar position in terms of appeal and financial clout, it's hardly surprising that our transfer targets overlap at times.

Spurs have made some fantastic signings this year, and we have really been linked with any of them.

Empty

This thing Liverpool fans have about Spurs scouting network is weird. Considering Liverpool and Spurs are in a relatively similar position in terms of appeal and financial clout, it's hardly surprising that our transfer targets overlap at times.

Spurs have made some fantastic signings this year, and we have really been linked with any of them.

plus if you're an agent shopping around a player to liverpool, it's in your interests to introduce direct competition to help get a better deal

Meier

spurs are reportedly interested in willian, too

they are like a parasite who latch onto us during the transfer window, it's embarrassing

Spurs have been after Willian for awhile but like most teams, refused to pay his buy-out clause while he was at Shakhtar. AVB is a big fan of his.

Edit: Beaten like a drum.

Showing the time when he ran the length of the pitch to wind up the Arsenal fans. Funny as it was, still tittish :p

Is he second choice next season?

Oh, everytime his name is mentioned I think "oh ffs what now". Yep was a twattish thing to do, pretty much like the time Henry ran the pitch to celebrate in front of the Spurs fans at the library. Must be an Arsenal thing.

I'd say so, Soldado is obviously first choice but then its a choice of Defoe and Ade. I'd like to see one of them sold but not looking likely at this stage.

Timurid

Hopefully the deal goes through. I have a feeling that Sakho will do a good job in EPL because of his strength and speed. Also with Alex in most likely his final season with PSG. This will open the door for Sakho to take his place.

The only downside is that we will only have 3 defenders and we loaned out all our youngsters already. 3 defenders across 4 competitions is going to be tough, especially in a league where 3 yellows is a 1 game suspension.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Showing the time when he ran the length of the pitch to wind up the Arsenal fans. Funny as it was, still tittish :p

Is he second choice next season?

I think Ade and Defoe are both on the transfer list. I don't think anyone wants to pay Ade's wage though, given City are still paying half of it for us, he'll probably stay. He can still be a good player for us, he just has horrendous luck. Just when he was looking sharp and about to have his first full pre-season with us, his brother passed away and he's been away on compassionate leave. Poor chap. That celebration against City was the funniest thing I've ever seen but he's not like that anymore. The bus shooting incident genuinely changed him.

Huddlestone has joined Hull and it looks like Livermore has gone there on loan as well. I'll miss Huddlestone but after the injuries he wasnt the same.

Who the fuck is this on BT doing the Bundesliga highlights? They somehow found the only man on Earth as dreary as Michael Owen, and put them both in commentating positions.

#EarlyRegret

edit: Not Bundesliga, World of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom