• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, cunt:

kzDYRWB.png
TvWhqYp.png

Cheers Freini :D

@Carbo, genuinely think this could be the least entertaining friendly of all time

GHG

No, it's a priority. He can't be expected to be the one forward leading a whole club to top 4. He is slow, has no tricks, one paced and very ineffective most of the time.

Before you say he a had a good preseason, The Ivorian Forehead had a good one last year too.

Without even a backup to Giroud good luck with top 4.

And what if Giroud gets injured? We are down to Sanogo, and Akpom as our out and out striking options... That isn't even fit for a mid-table scrap let alone top 4.

I mean look at our homepage preparing us for the fact that Giroud is now our star striker...:

Bah.

Worst strikeforce? Its almost like Chamakh and Bendtner never existed or something.

While we had Chamakh and Bendtner around we always had others such as RVP, Adebayor and Eduardo. They were never above being 3rd in the pecking order. Oh and if Bendtner didn't have such a shite attitude he could do a decent job for us right about now.

Feorax

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 4m
Suárez just confirmed after the match Uruguay vs Japan he didn't say he wanted to stay at Liverpool.

Oh.

Ill be surprised if that's true, given LFC have allowed Kolo Toure to talk on national radio and say how great it is that Suarez has said he is staying.

EDIT: Just seen apparently no player interviews have been done yet.

Ill be surprised if that's true, given LFC have allowed Kolo Toure to talk on national radio and say how great it is that Suarez has said he is staying.

EDIT: Just seen apparently no player interviews have been done yet.

That Toure thing true?

Either way, obviously Suarez doesn't want to stay. Looks like he will though :p

Slizz

Dzeko, Pjanic and Lulic are gonna buttfuck us but I'm glad we're giving the new guys a chance.

Yeah it's nice they get a chance, we've been able to see a lot of new NT players in the Gold Cup and now for the friendly. It's gonna be interesting thats for sure.

ShogunX

Cheers. If he signed a new contract, I'd be interested to know the stipulation for selling abroad.

Saints Row IV got 4 stars from GiantBomb. Must be utter shite.

"PREMIER LEAGUE COUNTDOWN
BBC Sport's Ben Smith on the report in Uruguayan newspaper El Observador which claims striker Luis Suarez has decided to stay at Liverpool: "I think we can trust these reports. The journalist who has written the story is a close friend of Luis Suarez. However it should be said that the reports have come as a surprise for those at Anfield. They are not aware of any contract talks."

"PREMIER LEAGUE COUNTDOWN
BBC Sport's Ben Smith on the report in Uruguayan newspaper El Observador which claims striker Luis Suarez has decided to stay at Liverpool: "I think we can trust these reports. The journalist who has written the story is a close friend of Luis Suarez. However it should be said that the reports have come as a surprise for those at Anfield. They are not aware of any contract talks."

lol

I image both parties would know about any potential contract. Ah well.

GHG

One thing I do know is that the meltdowns on transfer deadline day will be glorious.

Mine included when we haven't signed anyone

What did he say?

Some bollocks article I'm guessing where he pretends that he retired from international duty for a reason other than throwing his toys out the pram

"What is our identity?," Ferdinand said. "I've said that on Twitter I don't know how many times and people come back and say, 'What are you talking about?' But what is our identity?
"We started to see something when Glenn Hoddle was in charge, (there was) a bit of an identity then, free-flowing football and you would say we were starting to get an idea of the pattern of what he wanted to implement in the team.
"Since then I don't think we've actually really seen an identity, where you could say, 'that's an England team,' where you look at the under-21s and go, 'that's an England team'."
"If all the names were taken off the back of the shirts and the colours were changed, you couldn't go in there and say, 'that's an England team, that's our identity, that's the way we play," he said.
"That's from the under-16s right up to the senior team. Whereas you look at an Italian team, a Dutch team, a Spanish team, a German team or a Brazilian team, without seeing the names on the shirts, you would identify them because they're working from a script.
"You could put an under-16 lad into the senior Spanish team or Italian team, he might not have the attributes in terms of physique and speed to be able to deal with it, but positionally I'm sure he'd know what to do because that's what they're taught, day in, day out.
"I just don't think you see that connection between our (senior) team and the under-21s, or the under-17s and the under-20s team and the senior team, and I think that doesn't bode well for the England team.
"I hear that there is a new system being put in place and that St George's Park is part of that, time will tell us what is going on," he added.
"I don't think there is any real right answer for any of this - it's going to take someone with big balls to come and grab it by the scruff of the neck and say: 'This is what we're going to do and we're going to take 10 years to do it.'
"We might not qualify for a World Cup or a European Championship but I would rather not qualify for one or two tournaments knowing that in 10 years' time we will have an identity that everyone can identify with and say: 'yes, that's us', and be proud of."

Zabojnik

Yeah I knew that, I was talking from about the stuff they showed at E3. The trailer just got me more excited.

Gotcha. I will play the shit out of W3, obviously, but I kinda wish we'd get Cyberpunk 2077 first. Or at least an in-game trailer, an early screenshot, something. I need my SF RPG fix more than I need a fantasy one. Human Revolution sequel, announce it already. :/

Showaddy

Sounds fair enough on the technical and youth side, but Hodgson's England have a very, very clear identity.

Congest the box, 3 players attack at once at maximum, reliance on blocks on the edge of the area, safety first, distance of clearances>accuracy.

Basically a polite way of saying we're long ball merchants.

[/B]

Basically a polite way of saying we're long ball merchants.

More than that. Even Stoke defend more positively than us, with proactive ball-winning and the odd attempt to dribble from the back (oo-er) from their fullbacks and defensive midfielders. I've honestly, no lie, never seen a team use such negative tactics as we did against Italy after the first 10 minutes. It was embarassing, and made it impossible to be disappointed with our loss on penalties.

Its a real shame that the Scotland England game is at Wemberly, its a sterile ground with a shit atmosphere. I'm away to watch Braveheart to get fired up for it :p

Showaddy

More than that. Even Stoke defend more positively than us, with proactive ball-winning and the odd attempt to dribble from the back (oo-er) from their fullbacks and defensive midfielders. I've honestly, no lie, never seen a team use such negative tactics as we did against Italy after th first 20 minutes. It was embarassing, and made it impossible to be disappointed with our loss on penalties.

Yeah I remember sitting in a packed pub in complete silence during that game, you could of heard a pin drop.

We just kicked it back to Italy again and again and again. People were too depressed to even complain loudly.

Meier

I am surprised some prem team hasn't snapped up Abdi Ibrahim since he'd been linked to a number this year and we're supposedly letting him walk on a free a year early. Talented young kid.

Zabojnik

I can't believe Mauri (Lazio) will get to play in the Supercup on Sunday. Dude got a 6 months suspension, but I guess it's Lazio and not Juve, so it's okay.

FIGC = MAFIA

Carbonox

Sony, please stop advertising that god awful PS Vita mega pack on TV with that shite selection of games. There's a reason no one buys the fucking thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom