• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

incredible.
I would like to know if Wenger just doesn't rate Gustavo or if he really doesn't need a DM

He wants this guy.

tumblr_li9raoQo1t1qawsswo1_r1_500.gif

Italy-Argentina starting. Monto is the only Milan player there, De Sciglio/Abate/Balotelli are injured or unfit, El Sha is benched for Giaccherini because Prandelli is a cunt, and Antonini didn't accept the call-up to give some other full backs a chance.

Meier

incredible.
I would like to know if Wenger just doesn't rate Gustavo or if he really doesn't need a DM

He hasn't shown any reason for his price to go UP from what Bayern acquired him for so I can see why Arsenal wouldn't want to pay 20m. They really need a decent DM though so they probably should have.

Dzeko just scored after an initial save from Howard.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._wechsel-nach-wolfsburg-zeichnet-sich-ab.html

Kicker is confirming that Gustavo is most likely going to Wolfsburg for 20m. Apparently Arsenal wasnt willing to pay 20m for him.

Nothing is signed yet, tho.

So, a Bayern board member, who coincidentally happens to be VW and thus also VFL Wolfsburg boss, pays Bayern €20m for a player which is arguably too much, at least more than other interested teams would pay.

And nobody cares, that's fishy as fuck lol

Simultaneously trying to watch my home country (Ireland), adopted country (US), and adopted footballing country (Italy) on three screens.

Not really working.

I'm watching Adrian Chiles present Hodgson's England vs. Strachan's Scotland in a friendly, for which David Moyes is doing punditry.

What am I doing with my life?

Now he's giving his opinion on Cleverley and Welbeck. Fucking hell.

fuenf

So, a Bayern board member, who coincidentally happens to be VW and thus also VFL Wolfsburg boss, pays Bayern €20m for a player which is arguably too much, at least more than other interested teams would pay.

And nobody cares, that's fishy as fuck lol

you forgot: who happens to own 9,09% of FC Bayern through Audi... an Pep just signed a deal as Adidas ambassador, who also happen to own 9,09% of the club.

Indredible business by Bayern, they have spent 62m for Götze / Thiago and sold Gomez / Can / Gustavo and Petersen for a combined fee of 47m. Net total 15m, wow :D

fuenf

WTF LÖW why on earth is Mertesacker playing? Boateng is in incredible form. We'll never win in Brazil with Löw. Can I bet on Germany NOT winning the World Cup?

jtb

Banned
guess what, Wenger... when you're late to the party on every fucking transfer, you're going to have to overpay a million or two. Maybe you shouldn't wait until the end of the summer to get your business done if you didn't want to be taken to the cleaners every goddamn time.

Clegg

Adnan could have a good chance of being in the squad to face Swansea at the weekend. Nani is injured and Kagawa won't be available due to his international duties.

jtb

Banned
It's time to move for Fellaini, though I suspect he prefers a move to United and his fee has probably raised since the release clause expired.

fuenf

guess what, Wenger... when you're late to the party on every fucking transfer, you're going to have to overpay a million or two. Maybe you shouldn't wait until the end of the summer to get your business done if you didn't want to be taken to the cleaners every goddamn time.

And sometimes you have to overpay to get the player you want. Bayern knowingly overpayed for Martinez and won the CL as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom