• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
roger bennett ‏@rogbennett 59m
Interviewed Mourinho today. He referred to Ronaldo, then qualified it by saying, "the real one, the Brazilian one"

woof

ywht4k6n0khx.gif

Linius

Man, this is just really sad that he got banned over that. If he knew or not, it's just a joke. I feel like people take things offensive so fast.

A certain club is said to have got a £103m short term revolving facility with a UK bank.

It's happening guys. At least by the rumours I heard today at the office...

How does that work then, technically.

Madrid agree the facility with a bank and tell Spurs the pin code?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
CADENA SER:

El Tottenham acepta la oferta de 96 millones del Madrid por Bale pero para el verano de 2014

ooohhhhh shit

Only Levy could make Perez wait a year. Please jebus be true. PLEASE.

Wilbur

Banned
NEXT ON FOOTYGAF FARM

* Is Omiee the Kunt Killer, or has a copycat appeared in his wake?
* Will Blablurn make a post that doesn't make him seem like a colossal wanker?
* Will I grow a moustache?
* Will Barca use AIDS ridden animals to make Fabregas stay?

How does that work then, technically.

Madrid agree the facility with a bank and tell Spurs the pin code?

I guess Madrid don't have £100m lying around in the UK so they will need a bridging loan which they will pay back over a couple of months as they free up cash from their other operations or by selling assets (players).

NEXT ON FOOTYGAF FARM

* Is Omiee the Kunt Killer, or has a copycat appeared in his wake?
Mumei just probably saw it
* Will Blablurn make a post that doesn't make him seem like a colossal wanker?
Maybe
* Will I grow a moustache?
Fuck no
* Will Barca use AIDS ridden animals to make Fabregas stay?
Yes

jtb

Banned
Naughty God's post wasn't a joke, it was pretty straightforward and plainly malicious. Just because he posted a lot of stupid, hyperbolic bullshit doesn't mean he's telling jokes, imo. And joke telling isn't a particularly good excuse for being a racist or mocking mental illness anyways. #devilsadvocate

Linius

I would have understand it if the joke was pointed towards a member and it was personal. But now...?

Why can't people just think about the consequences of something they do. Oh my God he said retard, I must report. Bye Gaf account. It's just sad.

Zabojnik

Naughty God's post wasn't a joke, it was pretty straightforward and plainly malicious. Just because he posts a lot of stupid, hyperbolic bullshit doesn't mean he's telling jokes, imo. And joke telling isn't a particularly good excuse for being a racist or mocking mental illness anyways. #devilsadvocate

'Mocking mental illness'. Come on. He was making a joke. Stupid, crass, however you wanna call it, but that's it.

CADENA SER:

ooohhhhh shit

Only Levy could make Perez wait a year. Please jebus be true. PLEASE.

As much as I would love that to be true, it makes no sense for us, RM or Bale. We could go on to qualify for the UCL and even make a decent title assault if we hang onto Bale, but then he would leave in the summer of 2014. RM want him now (for reasons beyond my understanding, at least for the prices quoted) to bolster their 2013/14 La Liga chances, not in 2014/15.

I would have understand it if the joke was pointed towards a member and it was personal. But now...?

Why can't people just think about the consequences of something they do. Oh my God he said retard, I must report. Bye Gaf account. It's just sad.
I've been banned twice for malicious comments and neither were aimed at another member. It's always been this way. Zero tolerance.

Naughty God's post wasn't a joke, it was pretty straightforward and plainly malicious. Just because he posted a lot of stupid, hyperbolic bullshit doesn't mean he's telling jokes, imo. And joke telling isn't a particularly good excuse for being a racist or mocking mental illness anyways. #devilsadvocate

He could have totally missed the last few pages and not known though.

I honestly think the mods are way too harsh here, but hey, better than 4chan.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really trust Levy to fight tooth and nail to keep Bale for one more season. He's just too important, to the team and to the club's image. He's the face of the PL right now.

Bale will have a tantrum but hopefully the business we are doing on new players will settle things down. Selling him would be such a shame when the league is so open right now. I still expect him to leave because it's Real Madrid but the hopeful embers in my heart have been stoked a little.

Linius

I've been banned twice for malicious comments and neither were aimed at another member. It's always been this way. Zero tolerance.

But that would only happen if people report you. Unless you post stuff like that in an official thread at gaming side. But we're in a community with frequent visitors where mods aren't watching our every post because there's a great vibe in the community. It's weird to know that there are people around who take the offensive seat like that and just hit report.

And to be honest, I don't even care that much about Naughty Dog. But just how he left is what stings me.

Salvadora

I really trust Levy to fight tooth and nail to keep Bale for one more season. He's just too important, to the team and to the club's image. He's the face of the PL right now.

Bale will have a tantrum but hopefully the business we are doing on new players will settle things down. Selling him would be such a shame when the league is so open right now. I still expect him to leave because it's Real Madrid but the hopeful embers in my heart have been stoked a little.
I think Gareth Bale's value may decrease if you waited until next season, at least in Madrid's eyes. Now is the perfect time to sell.

Oh I completely understand that, I think his image rights alone must be worth millions to Spurs.

I think if we hang onto him for one more season he will be a professional and play as well as he can and help the club that held onto him and trained him when he was actually pretty fucking shite.

As for Levy, amazing operator, and we finally got a striker who can deliver goals. The thought of Bale and Soldado next season...

Meier

'Mocking mental illness'. Come on. He was making a joke. Stupid, crass, however you wanna call it, but that's it.
Crass jokes frequently aren't tolerated especially when they involve a protected class. He knew exactly what he was doing. He played with fire and got burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom