• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Following on from the silly Bentekers rumour I was gonna make a breaking news joke about Dave Whelan and his leg back in 1960, but I found it in poor taste.

Meier

I definitely noticed him in CL. That Dortmund comeback would not have been possible if he hadn't missed that header which everyone expected any half decent defender to at least hit when jumping for it like that.

:( Well, like I said, if we sign him as a Kolo who just trots out as needed and doesn't interfere with Nastasic's playing time once he is healthy, I am totally fine with it. Lescott will probably play anyway.. hopefully Nastasic is back by the derby.

Aug 19 - Premier League 2:00 PM (CT)
Man City vs Newcastle

Aug 25 - Premier League 10:00 AM (CT)
Cardiff City vs Man City

Aug 31 - Premier League 6:45 AM (CT)
Man City vs Hull City Tigers

Sep 14 - Premier League 9:00 AM (CT)
Stoke City vs Man City

I would expect us to win the first 3 and draw against Stoke. 4 wins would be lovely.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Laurentiis: "Why is the media saying I should get Pablo Osvaldo? He's not Nazionale level or even Napoli level."

Fucking asshole.

Oh god.

Tomorrows Telegraph reporting that United have/will bid £40m for Fabregas.

jb0Nx1kpjBzLyc.jpg

Yen

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes
Arsenal fans look away now... @BrazilStats: Bild confirms that Wolfsburg have signed Luiz Gustavo for €15M

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk
Hearing Luiz Gustavo will pick up an annual (basic) salary of 7M euros (gross) at Wolfsburg...
BRqON9ICIAAZbMI.png

Zabojnik

I don't think I've ever been more baffled than I am about Arsenal's and United's transfer strategies this summer. And believe me, I've witnessed some pretty shitty mercato sessions. It was always 'cause we had little to no cash to spend and no pull with star players. That's clearly not the case here, which makes it even more absurd.

I am so glad that Suarez has signed a new deal with Liverpool, and asserted that it was his love for the fans that pushed him to do so. Hopefully they'll receive him well and forget what he had done in the past.

Like how we are to Rooney.

Also, so apparently Barca snubbed their fans all throughout their World Tour? Messi didn't even play in Malaysia, and they snubbed all the fan meet-ups, autograph sessions when people waited for them for hours. Are they honestly trying to make us hate them now?

Bumhead

Banned
Any of you fella's lost your appetite for gaming at the moment?

I've got a PS4 pre-ordered and I'm excited about it, but in terms of the stuff I already own.. I think I need to take a break or something. At the minute I'm just loading stuff up and closing it again within seconds. No interest in putting time into anything I own at the moment. Not sure if it's usual summer lull, disinterest until PS4 launches..

Think a break might be needed.

Empty

‏@honigstein 2m
1. close Bayern - Wolfsburg connection via Audi
2. agent relationship with buying club
3. Wolfsburg offering equivalent of GBP 115k per week

ehhh can't blame wenger for that

Clegg

I don't think I've ever been more baffled than I am about Arsenal's and United's transfer strategies this summer. And believe me, I've witnessed some pretty shitty mercato sessions. It was always 'cause we had little to no cash to spend and no pull with star players. That's clearly not the case here, which makes it even more absurd.
United's failures can partially be explained due to our new manager and CEO. Moyes needed to assess the squad and look at areas where he thought we might need new players. He would also have different targets in mind then those our previous regime favoured. Woodward is new to dealing with football clubs and is guilty of spending far too much time on bids that were never going to be accepted. We still should have signed someone by now though.

Arsenal are worse imo. They have the money but Wenger refuses to spend it. There was an opportunity for them to challenge properly for the first time in years too. They're actually in the weakest position now amongst the top clubs. Spurs look stronger too.

Messi

I am so glad that Suarez has signed a new deal with Liverpool, and asserted that it was his love for the fans that pushed him to do so. Hopefully they'll receive him well and forget what he had done in the past.

Like how we are to Rooney.

Also, so apparently Barca snubbed their fans all throughout their World Tour? Messi didn't even play in Malaysia, and they snubbed all the fan meet-ups, autograph sessions when people waited for them for hours. Are they honestly trying to make us hate them now?

Messi had picked up a strain.

arkon

I've got a PS4 pre-ordered and I'm excited about it, but in terms of the stuff I already own.. I think I need to take a break or something. At the minute I'm just loading stuff up and closing it again within seconds. No interest in putting time into anything I own at the moment. Not sure if it's usual summer lull, disinterest until PS4 launches..

Yeah. Sounds like you need a break. I've been enjoying my gaming a fair bit after a long time away. Been busy with all sorts of stuff on the PC. Ranging from FTL to Borderlands 2. Even picked up Dota 2 recently.

Clegg

Arsenal can easily afford to pay £115k a week. Gustavo is a very good defensive midfielder. If you want quality them you have to be prepared to pay for it.

I was like this at the beginning of the summer, I spent a month on nothing but tv shows and completely ignored games.

The disinterest in games is completely normal, happens to me at least once a year.

I know what you mean. I find myself quitting out of games after, like, 5 mins out of boredom. Last game I finished was TLOU and I've had no desire to play it again.

I need GTA V.

GHG

Lost my appetite for it almost three years ago. Never been the same since I left for Uni.

Also, can't quite believe Arsenal didn't sign Gustavo. Stupid, circus of a club.

We would have been more of a circus if we payed him 115k a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom