• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's Sony? Terrible mistakes in the past, slowly building up to be great, still terrible at marketing?

Please don't say Arsenal... (because I like Sony not Arsenal lol)

Tough call, probably Chelsea.

Vita = sacking Di Matteo

TLoU = Europa League trophy

PS4 = Bringing Mou back

PSN Hack = Hazard and the ball boy

Shit at marketing because they got Torres and JT as a face front for their shirts.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
56396USMNT2013FriendlyBosniaJAGoal2.gif

damn nice fk.

Scum

Any of you fella's lost your appetite for gaming at the moment?

I've got a PS4 pre-ordered and I'm excited about it, but in terms of the stuff I already own.. I think I need to take a break or something. At the minute I'm just loading stuff up and closing it again within seconds. No interest in putting time into anything I own at the moment. Not sure if it's usual summer lull, disinterest until PS4 launches..

Think a break might be needed.
It's perfectly normal, mate. Take a break. Busy yourself with something else. Spend less time in GamingGAF.

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes
Arsenal fans look away now... @BrazilStats: Bild confirms that Wolfsburg have signed Luiz Gustavo for €15M

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk
Hearing Luiz Gustavo will pick up an annual (basic) salary of 7M euros (gross) at Wolfsburg...
BRqON9ICIAAZbMI.png

FFMmr.gif

YH56_SOCCER-FRIENDL_0814_11.jpg

This is actually a legit photo

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20130814_051

5th picture in the slide

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Showaddy

With that clinical finishing, maybe Arsenal could buy him for upfront?

Yeah jokes aside it was suspiciously clinical.

On another note Paulinho hit the bar with his header (Switzerlands bar that is) and he seems to have a good eye for getting in the box at the right moments. I can see him bagging 5-10 goals this season.

K1LLER7

...........................HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA nice
Great going forward, but he gets found out when he has to defend.

Just look at him in the Clasico's. Also, Barca's play style doesn't help him much because, it forces him to push up the field where he's constantly playing more as a RM/RW than a RB.

Rafael was really good for brazil in the Olympics, I think he scored for them too against Egypt but I can't quite remember.

Yeah, but he had that mistake as a 22 year old.

I don't think he was great at the Olympics tbh. I thought he was above average, but definitely not as good as he was for United. There's no reason why he shouldn't be called up to the team. At this point it's just a grudge against him.

Bo-Locks

He's first choice RB for Man United, winning trophies and was one of the best (along with Zabaleta) players in his position in the league last season. What else has he got to do to get in the squad?

Regardless, his lack of international football is ideal for United.

FootballFan

Great going forward, but he gets found out when he has to defend.

Just look at him in the Clasico's. Also, Barca's play style doesn't help him much because, it forces him to push up the field where he's constantly playing more as a RM/RW than a RB.

Its one own goal, take it easy. Alves is good at the back and going forward.

FootballFan

Even before this OG I would have had Rafael ahead of Alves in the Brazil team.

Again, I think he's great going forward but I'd rather have someone like Zabaleta or Lahm over Alves.

Lahm ok. The other 2, IMO, nope.

Alves was good at the back last season and average going forward. Overreaction. Just like that guy here earlier jizzing in the hype of Lambert scoring and praising him like he was zidane.(wasn't 3sixty lol).

K1LLER7

Lahm ok. The other 2, IMO, nope.

Alves was good at the back last season and average going forward. Overreaction. Just like that guy here earlier jizzing in the hype of Lambert scoring and praising him like he was zidane.(wasn't 3sixty lol).

Januzaj at RB over all. :p #DatHoldUpPlayAtRB

Expecting a lot of Lambert praise on Sky Sports News tomorrow. Should really be praising Welbeck.

"Opta: 6 - Danny Welbeck has scored with all six of his shots on target for England. Deadly."

Yeah, but he had that mistake as a 22 year old.

I don't think he was great at the Olympics tbh. I thought he was above average, but definitely not as good as he was for United. There's no reason why he shouldn't be called up to the team. At this point it's just a grudge against him.

I was mostly surprised as to how present he was during the matches. He might not have played as well but he was very active and had a good impact on the matches, I think that's what surprised me the most.

Wilbur

Banned
Are you sure about marcelo?

Yeah, I think he's brilliant. Was injured all of last year so people seem to have forgotten about him, but he really took a step up in 2011/12. Defending got much better, he scored goals, he worked incredibly well in tandem with Ronaldo. I really rate him. He'd be like, first or second on my list of best LBs probably.

As for the right, no contest, its Lahm. Too bad he's a midfielder now lol

Messi

Yeah, I think he's brilliant. Was injured all of last year so people seem to have forgotten about him, but he really took a step up in 2011/12. Defending got much better, he scored goals, he worked incredibly well in tandem with Ronaldo. I really rate him. He'd be like, first or second on my list of best LBs probably.

As for the right, no contest, its Lahm. Too bad he's a midfielder now lol

pep_1751504a.jpg

While looking for that I found this which is pretty Damn funny.

VhKU8nq.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbz forgot the Zab.

No I didn't brah

Lahm, Alves and Piszczek are definitely better, Licht probably. Then when it comes down to personal preference, I'd have Rafael over Zabaleta. Only just tho. And its probably because I'm a dirty united cuntcake

i want to make a list viva

of the best five players in each position

and i am going to do that

and its going to be in my textedit and not on neogaf so you cant mock me

Messi

No I didn't brah

Lahm, Alves and Piszczek are definitely better, Licht probably. Then when it comes down to personal preference, I'd have Rafael over Zabaleta. Only just tho. And its probably because I'm a dirty united cuntcake

i want to make a list viva

of the best five players in each position

and i am going to do that

and its going to be in my textedit and not on neogaf so you cant mock me

Will Xavi be in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom