• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Fellaini's still on the market, we need to move ASAP though. Don't know if Everton will sell w/o a release clause.

If we sign Flamini... I'll laugh. then cry.

Lightning

Banned
Fellaini's still on the market, we need to move ASAP though. Don't know if Everton will sell w/o a release clause.

I still reckon a midfield of Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ox, Cazorla and Rosicky is enough. No need to overpay for Gustavo and especially not Fellaini.

GHG

Just start crying now then as I think that'll be about as good as it gets this summer.

Meier

YH56_SOCCER-FRIENDL_0814_11.jpg

This is actually a legit photo

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20130814_051

5th picture in the slide
I spent about 5 minutes finding out who that was. Mathieu Valbuena's wiki says he is 5'6". Obviously he isn't as short in real life as the perspective of that photo makes it look but that listed height may be stretching it.

Bernard is listed at a few inches shorter than him for the record.

Guys, do you know of any sites that sell quality posters in the vein of Mondo's?
You can get some nice designs off Society6 but they won't be limited edition typically. Not sure if they're actually screen prints either or just a more typical poster or not, but there's some sharp stuff on there.

K1LLER7

Might be DC but...

Guardian: 'Januzaj set for new contract'

Manchester United are close to tying Adnan Januzaj to a long-term contract to recognise his emergence as a player Sir Alex Ferguson has described as "one of the most promising talents" to come through the club's youth team.

Januzaj, an 18-year-old Belgian signed from Anderlecht two years ago, came on for Robin van Persie as a substitute in the Community Shield on Sunday and will be part of David Moyes's squad when the Premier League champions begin their defence at Swansea City on Saturday.

United are keen to recognise his potential and not risk losing him in the manner of Paul Pogba, who was also highly rated by United's coaching staff but offered only a small salary and eventually left for Juventus. Talks have already taken place about a new contract and an agreement is not far off.

Januzaj, an attacking, left-footed wide player, has played a prominent part in United's pre-season schedule, with Moyes and previously Ferguson confident he is ready to move up to the first-team squad.

Adnan-Januzaj-008.jpg

Salvadora

Arsene... Is that you!?!
Yeah, seriously.

We were devoid of creativity last season. One of those players is still recovering from long term injury, another is injury-prone, and Ox underperformed. When put on paper it doesn't look nearly as impressive.

sohois

Arsenal shouldn't have matched Wolfsburg's wage offer, but surely they shouldn't have even had to; Arsenal must be a bigger draw than Wolfsburg. Something like 80 or 90k would have been enough but I can just picture Arsenal offering him something much lower and missing out.

Clydefrog

I spent about 5 minutes finding out who that was. Mathieu Valbuena's wiki says he is 5'6". Obviously he isn't as short in real life as the perspective of that photo makes it look but that listed height may be stretching it.

Bernard is listed at a few inches shorter than him for the record.

I woulda thought Giovinco was the smallest but lol Bernard

Arsenal shouldn't have matched Wolfsburg's wage offer, but surely they shouldn't have even had to; Arsenal must be a bigger draw than Wolfsburg. Something like 80 or 90k would have been enough but I can just picture Arsenal offering him something much lower and missing out.

He clearly wanted to stay in the Bundesliga.

Zabojnik

You can get some nice designs off Society6 but they won't be limited edition typically. Not sure if they're actually screen prints either or just a more typical poster or not, but there's some sharp stuff on there.

I know about Society6, thanks. Don't care if it's limited or not, just want so nice posters. :)

Keisuke :(

I can't believe we're that cheap.

Japan's front 4 played really well. Their defense is just shit. And their midfielders often don't drop back to pick up the ball and it leaves their defense no option, but to hoof it up.

Shinji and Honda were the best players. Okazaki and Kakitani were the next best.

Showaddy

Holy crap I've just seen Dani Alves' own goal. How the hell is that not rigged, some cartel has made thousands on him scoring that own goal lol

spidye

130322185701-mathieu-valbuena-single-image-cut.jpg

Ribery is 170cm (5'7). Valbuena is most likely not 5'6

keit4

Banned
Hey guys, some bet tips for La Liga: all in Sevilla for the top 6. They sold important players like Navas, Medel or Negredo, but they also signed a lot of great players for cheap: Gameiro , Cristoforo, Marin (on loan), Vitolo, Bacca, Diogo Figueiras... I firmly believe that they are going to be the surprise of the season in Spain.

3rd time posted today, but who cares.

ite9LtMQUYq6p.gif

His contract runs out in 2015 though. I always thought it was 2014.

Really?

Wow, I thought that too. That's only a half point for Moyes then.

And this Fabregas story is a joke right. We're going to wait and see if Barca pick him...and if not then we will bid £40m. What the hell is this shit.

L1NETT

To be fair the Telegraph aren't usually a source of complete nanny waff.

I wouldn't rule it out, although I would expect a last day dash for old Disco Stu from Moyes Old Boyes.

Wilbur

Banned
Hey guys, some bet tips for La Liga: all in Sevilla for the top 6. They sold important players like Navas, Medel or Negredo, but they also signed a lot of great players for cheap: Gameiro , Cristoforo, Marin (on loan), Vitolo, Bacca, Diogo Figueiras... I firmly believe that they are going to be the surprise of the season in Spain.

I got a feeling Betis will be. First three spots are nailed on but after that, not so sure. Between Sevilla, Valencia and Betis tho.

To be fair the Telegraph aren't usually a source of complete nanny waff.

I wouldn't rule it out, although I would expect a last day dash for old Disco Stu from Moyes Old Boyes.

I don't think they've made it up or anything at all, Mark Ogden is a good journo.

That is probably United's plan. A joke.

Clegg

Really?

And this Fabregas story is a joke right. We're going to wait and see if Barca pick him...and if not then we will bid £40m. What the hell is this shit.
Ogden also mentioned that we're still looking to sign Fellaini and Baines even though Martinez said our initial offer for Baines was a final one.

He also mentions that Ozil is an option too. Seems like a load of waffle.

Empty

maybe cesc feels mugged that he couldn't even get a barca pay raise out of it all

at least we're finally bidding in an area that could turn heads, especially as barca are struggling with their cb search

Really?

The original reports were that he signed a 4 year contract in 2011. Somewhere down the line, people started to say his contract is over in 2014.

I'm getting really weird vibes from this United transfer news, I genuinely thought it was over.

We've become Xbox, struggling to get anything right.

For the record, City are Nintendo. Too much money and no outcome.

Croyles

I'm getting really weird vibes from this United transfer news, I genuinely thought it was over.

We've become Xbox, struggling to get anything right.

For the record, City are Nintendo. Too much money and no outcome.

Who's Sony? Terrible mistakes in the past, slowly building up to be great, still terrible at marketing?

Please don't say Arsenal... (because I like Sony not Arsenal lol)

keit4

Banned
I got a feeling Betis will be. First three spots are nailed on but after that, not so sure. Between Sevilla, Valencia and Betis tho.

I think Betis will struggle in Europe and this will affect their season.

Right now, my prediction for the top 6 is:

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Sevilla
5. Valencia
6. Villareal

And for relegation:

18. Osasuna
19. Almeria
20. Elche

Tim Payton is saying we've made bids or formal enquiries for at least three of these players: GungoGOD (30m), Williams (10m), Begovic (12m) and Suarez (obv).

Dortmund didnt want to sell, obv.

Timurid

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Sevilla
5. Valencia
6. Villareal

And for relegation:

18. Osasuna
19. Almeria
20. Elche
Real Sociedad are going to be up there. They only lost their coach and illara

Wilbur

Banned

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Sevilla
5. Valencia
6. Villareal

And for relegation:

18. Osasuna
19. Almeria
20. Elche

I don't think Madrid will finish top, Ancelotti's not the best league manager :lol... but he's the best guy for Madrid though I suppose. And Celta instead of Osasuna for relegation for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom