• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Wow, Lightning, that is quite barebone team you have there. I struggle to see who could act like a leader and an anchor for that team and who could the team rely on for most of the season.

Just watched a few Ferguson videos and it's hitting me hard now. He really left, I'm really excited for an era of uncertainty but nothing will ever replace having Fergie as a manager.

2 days to go, I hope we do well.

Under Ferguson it would have been: 2 days to go for 3 easy points, it's Chelsea we've got to worry about.

Salazar

Too slow Woodward. Now you pay over the odds.
I think

Ed be like

ketkTut.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BRsVcrqCQAEIbo4.jpg

According to whoscored he was the second best player in Ligue 1 last season after Zlatan.

iQGpHNYIj8zMF_zps1376707a.gif

Plasma

Banned
Bench - Ox, Ramsey, Rosciky, Flappy

That is as barebones as it gets, I am struggling to fill the bench. Need to include all our youngsters in there.

Just makes you wonder why we've left it so late to sign players.

We've known since the end of the last summer transfer window the positions that needed strengthening, we just clearly didn't have a proper plan and a solid list of targets for each position.

Alderwield looked excited when sky presenter mentioned us! Is he any good then? Surely good enough to be 3rd/4th choice? He'd be joining the Belgian army of Dembele, Vertonghen and Chadli! Just give me a CB! Then we can focus all our efforts on Lamela :x

small morning round up:

- Galatasaray offer 8.5mil € for Sporting's Bruma

- Quaresma leaves Al-Ahly and Jorge Mendes, is now back on the market

- strong chance Jackson Martinez will re-sign with Porto next week

Ushojax

Alderwield looked excited when sky presenter mentioned us! Is he any good then? Surely good enough to be 3rd/4th choice? He'd be joining the Belgian army of Dembele, Vertonghen and Chadli! Just give me a CB! Then we can focus all our efforts on Lamela :x

He's OK but he's much worse than Vertonghen. I'd take him as 4th choice, he needs to move on now.

Today's Bale headlines in Spain say that Madrid have offered us €90m plus Coentrao, but that Levy is still trying to get Bale to sign a new contract.

Linius

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

Still the same answer. Kind of depressing for fans.

He's OK but he's much worse than Vertonghen. I'd take him as 4th choice, he needs to move on now.

Today's Bale headlines in Spain say that Madrid have offered us €90m plus Coentrao, but that Levy is still trying to get Bale to sign a new contract.

Alderweireld totally deserves to start for a club like Spurs. Would be a shame if he goes there and ends up on the bench.

Clegg

Martinez has confirmed that Fellaini's release clause expired on the 31st of July. A it looks like Everton will demand around £26-30m for him if any club expresses an interest in the player.

Looks like we won't be getting him.

Martinez has confirmed that Fellaini's release clause expired on the 31st of July. A it looks like Everton will demand around £26-30m for him if any club expresses an interest in the player.

DC was first to the news. Think about that.

edit: Also, Woodward Out!

faridmon

I think we can sell him for around 20 - 22m.

I really want the money more than him, personally. I just have a feeling he won't work hard for us this season and end up clogg the midfield.

Hixx

Congrats to all who are acing their exams and getting into their universities.

Signed up for an Access to HE course this week, starts in Sept. 12 weeks, full time.

Then I have to wait until next September to do the actual, proper course and that takes a year. Gonna be 24 before I even apply for university. So 26 or 27 when I finish it.

6 years behind the curve.
wtzgU.gif

Ushojax

Then I have to wait until next September to do the actual, proper course and that takes a year. Gonna be 24 before I even apply for university. So 26 or 27 when I finish it.

wtzgU.gif

Don't worry about it, as long as you're doing what you want to do it's for the best.

justjohn

Congrats to all who are acing their exams and getting into their universities.

Signed up for an Access to HE course this week, starts in Sept. 12 weeks, full time.

wtzgU.gif
Im currently studying chemcal engineering and will be 29 when I graduate. So almost 30 before I begin my full career. Not really bothered as I would rather be 30 and a chemical engineer than 30 and no career at all.

Ushojax

The logo of our cup sponsor is fucking hideous.

BRscda4CUAE9W7p.jpg:large

Not only is it fucking huge, but it's red. Get that shit off there right now.

Hixx

Moyes is unhappy with the way the fixtures have come out for his side.
"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure," said the Scot.
"I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."

LOOLOLOLOLOL omg

Wes

venison crêpe
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas tells Sky Sports News that Gareth Bale will not be involved when Spurs play Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Sunday due to injury.

What a pain in the ass.

Clegg

Moyes on transfers:

This was always going to be a difficult window for me personally because I joined United on July 1 so it has given me a short period to get to know the players and the market,’ he added.

‘But I’m confident we’ll have players in before the start of the season. We’re involved with several players we’re looking at and that will continue. Will we get them before the deadline? I hope so and we’re working very hard to do so.
Tony Hibbert come on down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom