• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB on transfers:

“We couldn’t manage to get in the top four spot we wanted [last season]. Our ambition stays the same and for that to happen we have been very, very active in the transfer window. We are trimming down the squad to make it strong.

"We haven’t finished our business. We will continue to be active and hopefully have the team ready in the next few weeks.”

...on Bale:

“This is a player of great importance for Spurs and a player we are not willing to negotiate for.

"We recognise the interest from other clubs but we can’t do anything at this stage.”

If we can add Lamela to the group we have now...

GHG

Shouldn't be rewarded with a new contract if he continues down this road.

Oh but he will be. If you were on the board and this dude was making you 50m a year you'd do your best to keep him.

To be frank I hope he does the right thing and walks away at the end of the season. Things are already turning sour with the fanbase and for someone who did so much for the club it would be a shame for him to leave on bad terms. Unfortunately thats the only eventuality I can envisage at the moment.

Salazar

QPR midfielder Karl Henry insists he does not deserve to be labelled a dirty player.

The 30-year-old earned a reputation for persistent fouling during his time with Wolves in the Premier League, which he believes was unfair.

Henry, who joined Harry Redknapp’s side on a two-year-deal this summer following Wolves’ relegation to League One, says he would rather consider himself an “enforcer”.

“A few years ago in the Premier League I had a stint where I feel I got unfairly tagged as a dirty player and that certainly is not me or my character,” he said.

“We had a run of four or five games where we accumulated a lot of yellow cards and the team was labelled dirty. I was certainly labelled a dirty player and unfairly I think.

“If there is a ball there to be won I will go and try to win it. I’m a ball-winning midfielder and I like the defensive part of the game.

“I like the chasing back and tackling people and defending, which maybe lots of other midfielders are not so keen on.

“It’s the part of game I’ve always enjoyed and I relish. If that makes me an enforcer then that’s what I am.”

Oi Karl

Fuck yourself

Salvadora

Oh but he will be. If you were on the board and this dude was making you 50m a year you'd do your best to keep him.

To be frank I hope he does the right thing and walks away at the end of the season. Things are already turning sour with the fanbase and for someone who did so much for the club it would be a shame for him to leave on bad terms. Unfortunately thats the only eventuality I can envisage at the moment.
Ideally, yes.

But Wenger's comments about SAF retiring made me think that he has no intention of leaving anytime soon. Preparations should be being made for his successor.

bjaelke

The National Anthems were the measure of the disparity. Our own was bellowed with an 11-man collective fountain of ejaculatory relish, as if into the mouth of Her Majesty herself. The Scotch effort, meanwhile, once taken up by the kilted throng was in its very collective rendering a sure sign that it was time to lower the shutters on the bar and call the police.
Coach driver Mr Hodgson looked on anxiously as injury time was announced, hoping he wouldn't be late in returning his vehicle to the Wallace Arnold garages having dropped off England's heroes at their mansions, one by one.

Scotland, it seems, came with a plan; but then, as their celebrated nonsense poet Burns put it, “The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley.” His sudden, probably alcohol-inspired descent into utter gibberish towards the end of that verse epitomises the ruinous spirit of his countryfolk. Whatever “agley” is, that is what it undoubtedly ganged for the Scotch this evening.
KuGsj.gif

kharma45

Well done A-Level guys. You too Yenrot, showing those English and Welsh kids how it's done. Northern Ireland top again this year for results.

LegoArmo

Think something fishy is going on with Barcelona and Fabregas.

Alistair Fergusson ‏@Fergie1975 2h
22 Jul Re. Fabregas. Barca apparently holding out for £40m for him...

Wayne ‏@wayne_leather 2h
@Fergie1975 Sounds like that could be the case hence us going back in with the 3rd bid. Must have had encouragement.

Alistair Fergusson ‏@Fergie1975 2h
@wayne_leather All the way through encouragement.

GorillaJu

Think something fishy is going on with Barcelona and Fabregas.

Despite what's being said publicly by Barça and Fabregas, it continues to be reported that he is anxious about his playing time this season and would jump at the opportunity to join United if he didnt receive assurances.

There's still more to this story.

He'll definitely be a United player within the next two weeks. The saga would have died already if it really wasn't going anywhere.

Grats United fans.

LegoArmo

Shame the players were money greedy bastards*

Don't make me post that picture of what the players have won since leaving Arsenal.

Even players like Song and Clichy, that Arsenal fans brushed off as "not good enough" when they left, were more than good enough, especially when you replace them with no one.

Despite what's being said publicly by Barça and Fabregas, it continues to be reported that he is anxious about his playing time this season and would jump at the opportunity to join United if he didnt receive assurances.

There's still more to this story.

He'll definitely be a United player within the next two weeks. The saga would have died already if it really wasn't going anywhere.

Grats United fans.
Onto the next pressing issue, should Jones relinquish #4?

He's going to be our GOAT so really he deserves it but Cesc is a soft lad isn't he.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neybinho pushes Lichtsteiner and Marcelo slaps him.

Marcelo combined with Neymar to overload Lichtsteiner but he was simply too good for them.

Fuck Madrid and Barcelona.

Edit: and Arsenal.

Arsenal Keeping Tabs On Juventus Fullback Stephan Lichtsteiner:

Oh no, sorry to hear that Atticus :(

You'll only be re-sitting that one subject though right? Don't worry mate, it's only a year and something better may come of it. Keep going!

Taking on a new subject and doing both AS and A2 in one year. Trying to do the easiest course I can as my A's are in solid subjects. Just feel like a failure around the people I know. I wasn't even happy when I thought I was going Uni this year, let alone next year. But I've got to make the best of this. Thanks for the support.

dc89

Two years ago to the day...

"Decent effort OH ITS MORE THAN THAT, THATS MAGNIFICENT. What a way to roud off your Premier League and Manchester City debut.

A new Premier League star is born."

Taking on a new subject and doing both AS and A2 in one year. Trying to do the easiest course I can as my A's are in solid subjects. Just feel like a failure around the people I know. I wasn't even happy when I thought I was going Uni this year, let alone next year. But I've got to make the best of this. Thanks for the support.

Ah okay.

Well best of luck.

I had to go to University late too and it felt so crappy at the time...but once you get there and onto other things you'll see that your age and where you are on the timeline is so irrelevant. Everything just blends in. Schooling is so regimented!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom