• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1003036_10153139641495472_1994819816_n.jpg

Baaaaaayern

Randdalf

Spurs squad numbers for the new season:

1 Heurelho Da Silva Gomes - GOMES
2 Kyle Walker - WALKER
3 Danny Rose - ROSE
4 Younes Kaboul - KABOUL
5 Jan Vertonghen - VERTONGHEN
6 Scott Parker - PARKER
7 Aaron Lennon - LENNON
8 Jose Paulo Bezerra Maciel Jnr - PAULINHO
9 Roberto Soldado Rillo - SOLDADO
10 Emmanuel Adebayor - ADEBAYOR
11 Gareth Bale - BALE
14 Lewis Holtby - HOLTBY
15 Etienne Capoue - CAPOUE
16 Kyle Naughton - NAUGHTON
17 Andros Townsend - TOWNSEND
18 Jermain Defoe - DEFOE
19 Mousa Dembele - DEMBELE
20 Michael Dawson - DAWSON
21 Nacer Chadli - CHADLI
22 Gylfi Sigurdsson - SIGURDSSON
24 Brad Friedel - FRIEDEL
25 Hugo Lloris - LLORIS
28 Thomas Carroll - CARROLL
29 Jake Livermore - LIVERMORE
30 Sandro Cordeiro - SANDRO
32 Benoit Assou-Ekotto - ASSOU-EKOTTO
35 Ezekiel Fryers - FRYERS

A few changes, Walker, Holtby, Townsend and Carroll get new numbers and Parker takes 6 from Huddlestone (for about 3 days) with Paulinho getting 8.

Why is Gomes still number 1?

Rooney also wouldn't be interested in joining Arsenal.

I don't think he would be either but he might be so desperate to leave United that he goes if it's his only option.

I think they'd have to pony up at the very very least £180k/week for him though, something like that. Don't see him taking a substantial paycut to go there, if one at all. Depending on reports £180k/week is already £20k-£70k week less than earns now so most likely they'd have to pay even more than that.

Which I just don't see Arsenal doing.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think he would be either but he might be so desperate to leave United that he goes if it's his only option.

I think they'd have to pony up at the very very least £180k/week for him though, something like that. Don't see him taking a substantial paycut to go there, if one at all. Depending on reports £180k/week is already £20k-£70k week less than earns now so most likely they'd have to pay even more than that.

Which I just don't see Arsenal doing.
We won't. The Rooney name was a joke.

First time since I started playing FPL in which I can't find a decent balance between a great team and at least a decent bench. I'm going to be fucked if two players get injured/suspended. Well, fuck it, I'm either going to win or fail miserably. #aha #all in

Edit: Wait, Chelsea don't have a match on matchday 3? Shiiiit, I can start again.

We won't. The Rooney name was a joke.

Tbh I'm starting to believe United simply won't sell him in this window to anybody, maybe not even abroad, so you'd most likely be wasting time coming in for him.

Arsenal would be right not to pay those wages for him anyway. I fully believe Arsenal can push the boat out a bit more but that would be a pretty significant outlay for you guys and I really don't think it's worth doing considering his form/age.

Lightning

Banned
Tbh I'm starting to believe United simply won't sell him in this window to anybody, maybe not even abroad, so you'd most likely be wasting time coming in for him.

Arsenal would be right not to pay those wages for him anyway. I fully believe Arsenal can push the boat out a bit more but that would be a pretty significant outlay for you guys and I really don't think it's worth doing considering his form/age.
Yeah but now what do we do? We desperately need a striker. IMO it's more important than a DM.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why is Gomes still number 1?

Because he's still here, I guess. We generally try to be polite and not give out numbers that another player is still wearing. If Gomes leaves before the deadline then Hugo will probably take 1, although it's not unusual for keepers to wear 25. I think Reina used to do that. If Parker leaves then Sandro might take 6 as well.

Gomes is still a good keeper, played well at Hoffenheim last season until he got injured. I feel sorry for him, we should have sold him 2 years ago as soon as we brought Friedel in.

Yeah but now what do we do? We desperately need a striker. IMO it's more important than a DM.

Everything is a bit of a long shot now but I would bid for players like Dzeko/Hernandez...very unlikely United/City are willing to sell but a bid of £25m-£30m may tempt them.

You'd likely be paying above the odds now for whoever you sign but that's the position you're in.

Looking through Europe the only other players I can see being good for Arsenal who you could potentially sign are Jackson Martinez or maybe Burak Yilmaz. Either would be a risk but their goalscoring records are pretty great.

Empty

Looking through Europe the only other players I can see being good for Arsenal who you could potentially sign are Jackson Martinez or maybe Burak Yilmaz. Either would be a risk but their goalscoring records are pretty great.

if they were willing to spend 45m on suarez they could maybe get el sharawaay

Meier

Fuck that! I went up Notre Dame tower without any inkling that the first step was the beginning of a continuous 387-step spiral staircase. I was dizzy half way up.
You ever been up the Monument? That was fun. Not as many steps but quite a small stairwell. 300+ still as I recall.

You ever been up the Monument? That was fun.

That is good fun, on a clear day the view is great, lovely part of London too.

The Shard will be offering a better view now though...just at x10 the price :p

(I'm assuming you're talking about the Monument in London if you're not then just ignore me haha)

Meier

That is good fun, on a clear's day the view is great, lovely part of London too.

The Shard will be offering a better view now though...just at x10 the price :p

(I'm assuming you're talking about the Monument in London if you're not then just ignore me haha)
Yeah, that's the one. We had been walking all day and decided to try it about 30 minutes before it closed. My wife was miserable about halfway up and my brother's partner is afraid of heights so it was kind of funny once we finally got to the top.

Meier

City have registered 57 players and shirt numbers with the Premier League for next season.

Fifty...seven. Wtf.
Manuel likes to use youth we've heard. I bet some of the kids will make the bench when we're playing Palace and the like.

2 days late over here,
I'm stoke about Northern Ireland's win over Russia. Helps keep Portugal on top of Group F

Portugal always tortured fans through out the last qualifiers by being force into a play-off stage with much nail biting grief vs 2nd tier teams.

Portugal's chances of staying #1 in their group without the grief of going through a play-off stage = relief.

Hixx

"We’ve focused on changing the whole dressing-room environment. Imagine if for years your habit is to use the phone when you’re having a massage on the bed, even one minute before going out to train? For 25 days I accepted this, because my first priority was to work on the field. However, I’ve said that from now if someone comes inside with a mobile phone, even in their bag, I’ll throw it in the North Sea. They’re banned.

In general, the players are getting the message. Maybe one or two will never understand, but some who I thought might have a hard time taking things on board have pleasantly surprised me. Gone are the days of a player coming in and boasting about drinking seven beers the night before.
“Now they arrive an hour early for training. Before they’d get here with 10 minutes to spare. Stephane Sessegnon was always the first to leave, five minutes after training. Now, he stays late. People can change. It depends how you teach them.

We go step by step because I want our game to be clear. There is a clear methodology. I know it’s not interesting for the people who focus their attention on me because of some things I did in the past and because I have passion on the touchline and sometimes friction, but there is a clear, clear methodology.

Someone will always be unhappy, like some stupid guy that left already. If you ought to be 88 kilos and you are 104.8 kilos then you won’t like my regime. And that’s a regular footballer, not one after six months out injured. It’s just unprofessional, an insult to a real professional. He can maintain his opinion, but he’s probably not very clever."
Get the fuck in, Paolo. Get that fat useless waste of space told!

jtb

Banned
Nope. I would try and get Morgan out of Southampton. He would be the best we could hope for now. That level of player, not necessarily him.

I still think we should concentrate our efforts on a striker. £40m for Rooney incoming?

Kondogbia has a release clause, I think. Unless you're disagreeing with his quality rather than our ability to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom