• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

How do you measure quality? Is it by their price tag or their stats on FM?

I mean it's fucking barmy that the average price of a half-decent forward is 30mill+ these days. When Real are more than willing to pay 80 million quid for Garath fucking Bale, you just know that the Mayan must have miscalculated the end of times by single year.
The current prices are ridiculous I agree, but let's not forget that clubs are willing to raise that price because so many other clubs are after the player and if you have multiple top clubs chasing a player it should be pretty given that he has something everyone needs (and no ,not the marketing revenue only). We are, imo, in desperate need of a striker yet what options, aside from Suarez, do we have left? If we want someone of his quality or better then we won't find much and we'll have to settle down with someone who's good and who could become just as good if not better.

StylusX

No idea haha...just needed the money to bring in Mirallas. At that price range i'm not sure who to get. Would have went with clyne or shaw but both might not play so went on points from last season and hope for the best :)

Fergie

Banned
Any of you vita bros go ham on the latest PSN sale? I got Soul Sacrifice, Ridge Racer, Atelier Totori Plus and Katamari. All of those combined cost less than a single retail game in Japan. Been playing through Dragon's Crown, too.

<3 vita
Shit, there was a sale? Need to check later. :(

Finished my team with £1.5 spare. Fuck.

My last question I promise. Does/will Mourinho use Mata??

I'm sure he will, Mata is one of their best players.

LTWheels

GASz6Su.jpg

I just hope that Lukaku starts.

According to Chelsea TV Juan Mata is a doubt for Sundays game because he picked up a knock, they hang around the training ground and usually know whats going on. He might play but I dropped him from my fantasy football team

StylusX

ffs thought i was done with my team :(

Whos gonna start for chelsea? They have too many attacking midfields, dont know who to pick.

qindarka

Banned
Finished my team with £1.5 spare. Fuck.

My last question I promise. Does/will Mourinho use Mata??

Of course he will. Maybe Mata won't play as much as the last 2 seasons, where he was ran into the ground, due to us having adequate backups now.

Most of the news of Mourinho not liking Mata came from fucking Marca.

He is in doubt for Hull, though.

FootballFan

Hmm doubt isn't good. Not sure if I should keep him or swap him out now.

If Muniesa starts for Stoke I can see Coutinho destroying him.

pappe

Whenever i take RVP out of my Fantasy team i feel so dirty.

Without him my team would be pretty good but everytime he will score a goal i will die a little inside.

Tc91

Bad news Gooners.

Ben Smith &#8207;@BenSmithBBC
Interesting from @garyjacob in today's @TimesSport. Wenger concedes #AFC unlikely to land a big name this summer

Wenger then goes on to say that he will reveal why #AFC pursued the Suarez deal for so long, in his next book.

Arnie

Bad news Gooners.

Interesting from @garyjacob in today's @TimesSport. Wenger concedes #AFC unlikely to land a big name this summer

Wenger then goes on to say that he will reveal why #AFC pursued the Suarez deal for so long, in his next book.
:lol

Wenger plugging his next book.

All that man cares about is finance.

Plasma

Banned
Bad news Gooners.

Sounds about right, we waited to long all the good players are gone, we'll end up with another mad dash at the end of the window just to fill up the squad a bit.

The Mirror were saying last night that we're going to go back in for Rooney which is such a waste of time, Man Utd. will never sell him to us and I doubt he'd want to join us anyway.

FootballFan

Why wouldn't he?

6aaCjSx.jpg

He now knows how dirty players that have worn the Madrid shirt are.

But seriously, because I didn't see much of him during preseason but now that I think about it he probably was on holiday because of the confederations cup.

There were also those rumours about Mou not wanting him. While likely bullshit, I still wouldn't be surprised if not.

Arnie

Did you end up getting a ticket mate? Couldn't find one spare anywhere.
Nope. Pub it is.

Got a packed day anyway so it'll work out alright. Got to train to Manchester for a friends birthday later. Can't be fucked thinking about that right now.

Walshy

Nope. Pub it is.

Got a packed day anyway so it'll work out alright. Got to train to Manchester for a friends birthday later. Can't be fucked thinking about that right now.
Manchester is always a good night out though. Going to three gigs at the Warehouse Project this year.

You going to town to watch the match?

Lakitu

st5fu
I've been really out of the loop with football this summer, such as the many transfer sagas including the one with Suarez. So ultimately Suarez has decided to stay? Why? And were Arsenal close to landing him?

Tegris

Lugano is shit. Only I wanted to say you that.

Yeah he is a bit, but Clarke's sides are always well-organised defensively and Lugano's goalscoring record is really impressive for a centre-half (21 in 125 games for Fener). Actual ability goes out the window in FPL, it's all about the points.

FootballFan

I've been really out of the loop with football this summer, such as the many transfer sagas including the one with Suarez. So ultimately Suarez has decided to stay? Why? And were Arsenal close to landing him?

Brentan Rodgers recorded a mixtape for Suarez. Him singing YNWA brought tears to Suarez' eyes, it was the moment that made him decide to stay.

Real Answer: I don't think anybody knows wtf happened in that transfer. But from what I understand:

-Suarez wanted to leave
-his dumb agent thought he had a 40m buyout clause
-Arsenal bid 40million + 1 pound
-Liverpool rejected it
-Suarez threatened to take them to the premier league tribunal
-Liverpool say they won't sell him
-Suarez apologised
-Suarez is staying.

Shagwell

Fucking hell I cannot get any sleep for the life of me. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

The football is back! Two hours to go...

bobito

Banned
My parents want to buy a macbook air for the battery life. Despite the fact they are hermits and never go outside and will only move the laptop from one desk to another.

Old people love tech they don't need

nemesun

:lol

Wenger plugging his next book.

All that man cares about is finance.
Plugging his next book? Could you name me one other book that he has authored? I know you lot have been quite bitter since 89, but now you're entering the delirious territory.

K1LLER7

Hope Januzaj can get some playing time today. Will be good to see how he plays in a competitive game.

Kagawa needs to hit the ground running too. He needs to find that Dortmund form once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom