• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Bendtner not fit enough to be on the Arsenal bench.
KuGsj.gif
:lol
Wooden pls :(

At this point I'm desperate for anyone.

Suen

If Wenger doesn't get anyone then we might as well bring all Chamakhs and Bendtners of the world and hope one of them has a bright future, then we offload everyone except him next summer.

Lightning

Banned
If Wenger doesn't get anyone then we might as well bring all Chamakhs and Bendtners of the world and hope one of them has a bright future, then we offload everyone except him next summer.
That is a bad plan.

Either top quality or very good quality or I would rather us not bother. Do not want a Chamkah or Bendtner. They are not easy to move on, we still can't get rid of the Bendtner we have.

FootballFan

^^ Would Dzeko even play. I can't tell who is a starter for City and who isn't.

Jovetic, Aguero, Silva, Yaya and Fernandinho are pretty much guaranteed starters right? But who starts out of the rest of the team?

At Malaga Pellegrini switched between strikers constantly.. Saviola one game, Santa Cruz the next, Rondon after that, Baptista up front alone at times...

Gamescom has never stood out to me bar that time they announced the Slim PS3 at it.

The general feeling is that Sony will be bringing out some of the big guns, as its their last real chance to announce things that will convince people to buy the PS4 at launch

New Naughty Dog game/franchise pls
New Sony Santa Monica franchise pls
New Guerilla franchise pls
More Infamous: SS pls
Less Knack pls

StylusX

Some last minute tinkering to get soldado in and my team is done:

I do feel a little dirty with 3 chelsea players but i dont have any arsenal players to make up for that :)

nemesun

No fret mate, Akpom is here to save the day. That boy gonna score a hat-trick from the bench tomorrow. 3-1 to the boys in red.

My Lineup for tomorrow:

Fabianski

Jenko - BFG - Kos - Gibbsy

- Rambo - Jack -

- Sicknote -

Feo - Chimney - Poldi

FootballFan

Can you even get excited when you know you'll win 95% of the matches at the very least?

Of course! Not my fault the GOAT plays for Barca.

Winning constantly is great. Especially when comparing it to early 00s when we didn't win a trophy for almost as long as Arsenal..okay maybe less(5 seasons in a row).

I can't imagine how Man City supporters felt after winning the league after 40 years without it. :lol I was happy as can be and I didn't even care that much.

I'm sure you wouldn't get bored seeing Juve beat everyone either, especially after spending time in Serie B lol.

You're excited for the season even though you are 95% sure you'll win the scudetto right? You never know what happens, that's why :p

As it's the start of the new season thought i might as well start posting in this thread.

Have to go shopping with the gf today, most prob miss all the games :( At least we(spurs) aint playing today!

Welcome! :D

Lightning

Banned
No fret mate, Akpom is here to save the day. That boy gonna score a hat-trick from the bench tomorrow. 3-1 to the boys in red.

My Lineup for tomorrow:

Fabianski

Jenko - BFG - Kos - Gibbsy

- Rambo - Jack -

- Sicknote -

Feo - Chimney - Poldi
I think it will be more like

Szcz

Gibbs-Kos-Merte-Sagna

Ox-Ramsey

Wilshere

Walcott-Giroud-Poldi

nemesun

That is a bad plan.

Either top quality or very good quality or I would rather us not bother. Do not want a Chamkah or Bendtner. They are not easy to move on, we still can't get rid of the Bendtner we have.

I only want top, top quality and nothing short. I mean as gaffa pointed out today, the objective shouldn't be how much money we've spent this transfer window but instead should be how much money we managed to save while bringing talented chaps from the league 2.

Suen

I only want top, top quality and nothing short. I mean as gaffa pointed out today, the objective shouldn't be how much money we've spent this transfer window but instead should be how much money we managed to save while bringing talented chaps from the league 2.
Top, top quality has all been taken by the richer teams and Liverpool is not selling us Werewolf.

nemesun

I think it will be more like

Szcz

Gibbs-Kos-Merte-Sagna

Ox-Ramsey

Wilshere

Walcott-Giroud-Poldi
Rosicky definitely will be involved tomorrow unless he's nursing a last minute injury. Our creativity will be shot to pieces without Santi; we need a tenacious fucker to open up their defense and unfortunately Jack isn't the right man for that job. Oxe might get the nudge though, he's played in that position during the preseason.

Suen

Rosicky definitely will be involved tomorrow unless he's nursing a last minute injury. Our creativity will be shot to pieces without Santi; we need a tenacious fucker to open up their defense and unfortunately Jack isn't the right man for that job. Oxe might get the nudge though, he's played in that position during the preseason.
Not sure how well Ox will do there. Santi has been really creative and linked up so good with our attackers, can't count how many times he's provided excellent goal-chances. I'm so glad we signed him last year. Still I'm hopeful that Rosicky will show the same form he showed at latter half of the season, it shouldn't be bad with that.

nemesun

Top, top quality has all been taken by the richer teams and Liverpool is not selling us Werewolf.
How do you measure quality? Is it by their price tag or their stats on FM?

I mean it's fucking barmy that the average price of a half-decent forward is 30mill+ these days. When Real are more than willing to pay 80 million quid for Garath fucking Bale, you just know that the Mayan must have miscalculated the end of times by single year.

Mastadon

Banned
Fucking hell nerves are starting to kick in now. We're always so shit on the opening day of the season, and we rarely beat Stoke. I think we'll win but a draw wouldn't shock me.

Manager

^^ Would Dzeko even play. I can't tell who is a starter for City and who isn't.

Jovetic, Aguero, Silva, Yaya and Fernandinho are pretty much guaranteed starters right? But who starts out of the rest of the team?

At Malaga Pellegrini switched between strikers constantly.. Saviola one game, Santa Cruz the next, Rondon after that, Baptista up front alone at times...

Pellegrini said Dzeko is his main striker at one point, but maybe to up his confidence a bit. Negredo has been stellar in preseason. Jovetic hasn't played much.

Silva, Nasri and Jovetic will fight for left wing and supporting striker. Then negredo, Aguero and Dzeko will fight for the lone striker and also dual striker. Negredo and Dzeko has played together in 4-4-2 in preseason but but it hasn't worked that well.

Aguero won't play on Monday though, Pelle said. I can see Dzeko starting, Silva and Jovetic supporting, with Negredo coming on later.

See you wankstains in 3 hours

THIS IS A SWAG ALERT!

PHILIPE COUTINHO WILL BE ENTERING THE PITCH IN T-MINUS 3 HOURS 39 MINUTES!

Darren Campbell is fucking annoying. The David Tennant of athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom