• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

My parents want to buy a macbook air for the battery life. Despite the fact they are hermits and never go outside and will only move the laptop from one desk to another.

Old people love tech they don't need

Hey, fuck you too buddy. The benefit of ripe age is that we can buy/do whatever fuck we want without being judged by the likes of you.

Brentan Rodgers recorded a mixtape for Suarez. Him singing YNWA brought tears to Suarez' eyes, it was the moment that made him decide to stay.

Real Answer: I don't think anybody knows wtf happened in that transfer. But from what I understand:

-Suarez wanted to leave
-his dumb agent thought he had a 40m buyout clause
-Arsenal bid 40million + 1 pound
-Liverpool rejected it
-Suarez threatened to take them to the premier league tribunal
-Liverpool say they won't sell him
-Suarez apologised
-Suarez is staying.

More like Arsenal weren't willing to go up to £49-50m which would have been enough. Plus my guess is that Suarez's agent figured that by making Arsenal look interested Real Madrid would have swooped in for his services and opened up their chequebook. I still think with RM not getting Bale they may move for Suarez before the end of the window having lost Higuan with no replacement. It leaves them with Benzema and an academy graduate (Morata) as their only real strikers. A move for Suarez makes sense as Perez can look like a big man and Suarez would probably prefer a move to Spain, plus it won't be £85m plus Morata to get a deal done, plus he would count as a Galactico.

Labadal

I'm so freaking excited lads!

suarez-chelsea.gif

Shagwell

I can't wait to see what NBC's coverage is like. It's literally impossible for it to be any worse than Fox Soccer Channel's, so that bodes well.

Fergie

Banned
Bad news Gooners.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Interesting from @garyjacob in today's @TimesSport. Wenger concedes #AFC unlikely to land a big name this summer

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Wenger then goes on to say that he will reveal why #AFC pursued the Suarez deal for so long, in his next book.
tumblr_m3z6nveeb61qcfw90o1_500.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see what NBC's coverage is like. It's literally impossible for it to be any worse than Fox Soccer Channel's, so that bodes well.

Even if the coverage is mediocre there is no way the picture quality will be as bad as FSC's. I have a good feeling about NBC. All of their preview coverage has been good.

fuenf

Best of luck to all your EPL teams. I dont really have any rooting interest in the EPL but I want Mou, ManU and City to provide many lulz, I want Tottenham to finish above Arsenal (they deserve it) and I'd like Liverpool to finally achieve something again.

Labadal

Best of luck to all your EPL teams. I dont really have any rooting interest in the EPL but I want Mou, ManU and City to provide many lulz, I want Tottenham to finish above Arsenal (they deserve it) and I'd like Liverpool to finally achieve something again.

You're okay in my book.

tumblr_mg88gg6cQL1qa3nkxo1_500.gif

Madridy

So what will happen if Liverpool and ManU lose today, but Arsenal win?!

Man I'm really excited for the new football season!

HALA Madrid!

Hnnnnnnnnng Football is BACK.

Now who do I bet on.

if you want to take a chance:

Code:
Futebol, Dinamarca - Superligaen
Nordsjaelland - AaB Aalborg
Resultado : Nordsjaelland (Quotas: 2,20)

Futebol, Portugal - 2.ª Liga
Benfica B - Atlético
Resultado : Benfica B (Quotas: 1,75)

Futebol, França - Ligue 1
Toulouse - Bordéus
Resultado : Bordéus (Quotas: 3,00)

nemesun

PDUQS.gif

Yen

Plugging his next book? Could you name me one other book that he has authored? I know you lot have been quite bitter since 89, but now you're entering the delirious territory.

Yeah, Arnie's as bitter as a bloody lemon over something that happened three years before he was born.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparently AVB sent scouts to watch one of Zenit's CBs, Neto, this week. Is he any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom