• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I think I would be more personally devastated if Henderson leaves rather than Suarez.
I'm resigned to Suarez leaving next Summer if not this.

But Hendo could be a real force for the future, he still has some real fine tuning still to do with his game though.

That's cool. I don't come here often, only to laugh at the United clowns. You plastics offer good entertainment and I don't even need to post.

Is dis u?

original.gif

K1LLER7

"Xavi Lemus from TV3 tried to interview Fàbregas on touchline after the match vs Santos and the player avoided them."

Could've quite easily killed the move off. Either he's going with this United offer to get assurances/better contract from Barca, or maybe Cesc is having second thoughts.

Sane_Man

"Xavi Lemus from TV3 tried to interview Fàbregas on touchline after the match vs Santos and the player avoided them."

Could've quite easily killed the move off. Either he's going with this United offer to get assurances/better contract from Barca, or maybe Cesc is having second thoughts.

He's blatantly just using you to engineer a better contract or at least more assurances from Barca. He played more than any other Barca midfielder last season. He's not an idiot.

Sloane

Banned
I've got to admit the first round of the DFB cup never felt like proper football. So boring lol
Yeah, not a fan of the DFB Pokal in general. Some matches can be exciting in the end but most of the time it's just terrible to watch with one team basically not trying to score at all. I usually avoid it.

Zabo what's with the shitty defense? Chiellini/Barza not fit yet?

Also I'm going to watch the game, gotta scout the opposition and it's not too late for an American. americanflag.jpg, cryingeagle.jpg

subtles

Hmm. Our build up play has the ball out on the left side quite often and Enrique seems to fumble about more often than not. I was excited for Digne but now I'm just hoping Enrique steps it up. The number of left-backs we've been linked with makes me think Rodgers wants an upgrade (identifying it as a key weakness). We seriously need a young CB though.

Labadal

There's a rabid feral Liverpool fan running around in the thread, and I'm getting the blame?!

Come on. You're all good eggs. This new one's been here for five minutes and every post is a turkey one

Having a discussion with them usually isn't very productive. I don't blame you, just the shitting on a grave comment was a bit over the top.

On the other hand, having a few nutters from each team could be fun.

I think the Juve game is 22.30 here. I will watch.

Not bloody likely. Tevez + Llion in the first half, Mati + Vucinic in the second. Giovinco seems to have lost a position or two. I wonder why.
We don't really know his standing because he was in the Confed Cup squad, and Conte isn't starting those players.

Hmm. Our build up play has the ball out on the left side quite often and Enrique seems to fumble about more often than not. I was excited for Digne but now I'm just hoping Enrique steps it up. The number of left-backs we've been linked with makes me think Rodgers wants an upgrade (identifying it as a key weakness). We seriously need a young CB though.

Do you want Buttner?

K1LLER7

He's blatantly just using you to engineer a better contract or at least more assurances from Barca. He played more than any other Barca midfielder last season. He's not an idiot.
As Barca, would you turn down ~£40m for someone who hasn't been at his best. As Cesc, would you turn down ~£200,000k and the opportunity to have a team built around you. Guaranteed to play in pretty much every big game.

Zabojnik

Zabo what's with the shitty defense? Chiellini/Barza not fit yet?

Yeah. The nazionali are still catching up. Should start playing from the next match on. Pirlo seems to be the exception, because apparently even a dead tired Pirlo is better than the current Marrone. I'm guessing Conte wants him in decent shape for the Supercoppa on the 18th.

We don't really know his standing because he was in the Confed Cup squad, and Conte isn't starting those players.

Oh, yeah, I forgot he was in the Confed. Still, I bet he's hoping we sell Quags and/or Matri. That way, he'd have a shot at being the 4th striker.

Shagwell

I'm surprised more wingers haven't figured out that Enrique just wants to get into a shoulder-barging match with them. Bit of a brainless footballer but he's a beast physically and has his moments. He's good enough, but just barely imo. Definitely need a decent back-up/rotation option when he has dips in form.

To be completely honest it's our defence I'm more worried about this season than anything else. We're looking pretty decently stocked across the board elsewhere, considering we've got no European competition. Although Mignolet I think will go a long way towards helping us stop conceding really soft goals. There were matches where we may as well not have played with a keeper. Pepe wouldn't have a shot to save all game and then when the time came it'd go right past him.

As Barca, would you turn down ~£40m for someone who hasn't been at his best. As Cesc, would you turn down ~£200,000k and the opportunity to have a team built around you. Guaranteed to play in pretty much every big game.
Unless Barcelona desperately needed money it doesn't really make sense for them to sell. Doesn't seem like they do need money. Every player has his price and all that though, maybe with £40m they could make overall improvements to their squad - but it's pretty risky.

Fabregas should stay there really...as far as I can tell the pro's of staying outweigh the con's. Xavi isn't going to be around for that much longer.

I agree with you though, the fact he hasn't killed the speculation dead says something. What Martino said yesterday suggests that if Fabregas came out and said he wanted to leave they might be open to it, Fabregas definitely won't do that IMO.

Is this on Sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom