• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. How's making something up going to make him money?

At the start of the summer he said Ronaldo was going to Chelsea because Ronaldo told him (yes really) and that he put alot of money down on it.

Lots of people followed suit and I can't remember exactly but the odds did actually shift on some betting sites.

So I assume he means that he got the Ronaldo > United odds to stretch out and then lumped on.

He is obv chatting shit though. Last summer he did actually call everything right...somehow, he knows some players, but he was just on a lucky streak I guess.

Zabojnik

Is Galaxy's Jimenez the same one that played for Fiorentina a few years back?

Looking forward to seeing De Ceglie with the captain's arm band again. As I'm sure is Frank. Capitano Antonini!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2efhptu.jpg
I hope Asa in CM isn't just a preseason experiment. Conte turned into fucking Pep last season with his (3-5-1-1):

--Striker (arguably)--
---Midfielder-------
--Mid - Mid - Mid - Mid - Defender
Defender - Occasionally Marrone - Defender
Oh, yeah, I forgot he was in the Confed. Still, I bet he's hoping we sell Quags and/or Matri. That way, he'd have a shot at being the 4th striker.

He's definitely not leaving, at least not this season.

Sebastian-Giovinco-001.jpg

:( :(

Sane_Man

At the start of the summer he said Ronaldo was going to Chelsea because Ronaldo told him (yes really) and that he put alot of money down on it.

Lots of people followed suit and I can't remember exactly but the odds did actually shift on some betting sites.

So I assume he means that he got the Ronaldo > United odds to stretch out and then lumped on.

He is obv chatting shit though. Last summer he did actually call everything right...somehow, he knows some players, but he was just on a lucky streak I guess.

Ah, thanks. Likelihood is that he was talking out of his arse so now he's trying to make out it was intentional to make money. What a card.

Does anyone think there could be anything in the Ronaldo/United link? I'd be traumatised. This season would go from looking like one of the closest and most exciting title races ever to a guaranteed and probably comfortable United win.

subtles

I'm surprised more wingers haven't figured out that Enrique just wants to get into a shoulder-barging match with them. Bit of a brainless footballer but he's a beast physically and has his moments. He's good enough, but just barely imo. Definitely need a decent back-up/rotation option when he has dips in form.

To be completely honest it's our defence I'm more worried about this season than anything else. We're looking pretty decently stocked across the board elsewhere, considering we've got no European competition. Although Mignolet I think will go a long way towards helping us stop conceding really soft goals. There were matches where we may as well not have played with a keeper. Pepe wouldn't have a shot to save all game and then when the time came it'd go right past him.

Mignolet is the addition I'm most excited to see play out. If we stop conceding some of the soft goals the team will play with a lot more confidence and that will bode well for our season.

K1LLER7

Unless Barcelona desperately needed money it doesn't really make sense for them to sell. Doesn't seem like they do need money. Every player has his price and all that though, maybe with £40m they could make overall improvements to their squad - but it's pretty risky.

Fabregas should stay there really...as far as I can tell the pro's of staying outweigh the con's. Xavi isn't going to be around for that much longer.

I agree with you though, the fact he hasn't killed the speculation dead says something. What Martino said yesterday suggests that if Fabregas came out and said he wanted to leave they might be open to it, Fabregas definitely won't do that IMO.

Is this on Sky?
You have to ask though, will he want to spend another season on the bench for the big games while Xavi most likely plays?

I don't think he'll come out and say anything while United and Barca are still dealing. Like Thiago, if an agreement is reached between the clubs and then the players, he'll probably just say he wanted to have assurances of playing time and Barca couldn't offer him that.

I'd like to think Barca will be tempted by the money. Still doubt it'll happen though.

Sane_Man

Mignolet is the addition I'm most excited to see play out. If we stop conceding some of the soft goals the team will play with a lot more confidence and that will bode well for our season.

We could go through the whole of pre-season without conceding a goal. We scored goals for fun last year so if the defence settles this season we have great balance.

GorillaJu

This is something that gets overlooked by our own fans. I'm excited for the same reason. I think Mig is a more reliable keeper than Pepe, and it's more an upgrade than our guys would have you believe.

Ah, thanks. Likelihood is that he was talking out of his arse so now he's trying to make out it was intentional to make money. What a card.

Does anyone think there could be anything in the Ronaldo/United link? I'd be traumatised. This season would go from looking like one of the closest and most exciting title races ever to a guaranteed and probably comfortable United win.
It won't happen, not this summer.

Alot of people have been saying we are talking to him etc, we probably are. But I don't see it happening this summer. Madrid would want alot of money to sell Ronaldo and it suits him to wait it out too.

I don't think he will renew his contract there. Gonna leave most likely next summer or the year after on a free, wherever he goes, earning alot of money with a nice signing on bonus.

Wilbur

Banned
I said to Arnie on the phone last night that Liverpool will win 2-0 and Gerrard will score neither

i was right

i was right

K1LLER7

It won't happen, not this summer.

Alot of people have been saying we are talking to him etc, we probably are. But I don't see it happening this summer. Madrid would want alot of money to sell Ronaldo and it suits him to wait it out too.

I don't think he will renew his contract there. Gonna leave most likely next summer or the year after on a free, wherever he goes, earning alot of money with a nice signing on bonus.
He'll only have 1 year left next year right?

You thing Madrid will risk waiting another year and potentially selling for a lower fee. Or the worst case scenario for them, on a free.

Zabojnik

I hope Asa in CM isn't just a preseason experiment. Conte turned into fucking Pep last season with his (3-5-1-1):

Having Llorente and not a single player that can guarantee a solid amount of crosses from the wings is a special kind of tragedy, isn't it? Fucking 3-5-2.

I think Marrone's done with Juve. There's no room for him in our defense anymore, not with Gobbona. Unless Conte plans on making him Pirlo's backup, he's a goner.

As for Asamoah ... I don't know what Conte's reasoning is there. Asa should play as a (L)CM, but that position is getting fucking crowded. Marchisio/Pogba/Asamoah for one spot and all three deserve to start. Damn. :/

Should've sold Marchisio so United.

He'll only have 1 year left next year right?

You thing Madrid will risk waiting another year and potentially selling for a lower fee. Or the worst case scenario for them, on a free.

Yeah one year left next summer.

Money doesn't seem to matter too much to them so I doubt they're that bothered. If they were going to sell him next summer they could still easily get like £30m I would have thought.

I don't even think it's that bad for them if he leaves on a free aged 30.

K1LLER7

Yeah one year left next summer.

Money doesn't seem to matter too much to them so I doubt they're that bothered. If they were going to sell him next summer they could still easily get like £30m I would have thought.

I don't even think it's that bad for them if he leaves on a free aged 30.
Madrid and Barca must be a nightmare to negotiate with :lol

Woodward will do us proud!

---------

TIMURID im on now.

Shagwell

Holy shit Al Jazeera just did a montage of last year's entire Champions League campaign and it was glorious

I MISS FOOTBALL SO MUCH

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 2m
We have reached agreement with Major League Soccer for the transfer of Clint Dempsey. #THFC

Wot?

Clegg

Viva I've just read that Anderson article in the MEN.

He's saying all the right things.Hopefully he can stay fit and build on his decent pre-season form.

Also, he has three kids. Never knew that.

Viva I've just read that Anderson article in the MEN.

He's saying all the right things.Hopefully he can stay fit and build on his decent pre-season form.

Also, he has three kids. Never knew that.

Not in the article but Andy Mitten said that when he was asked "do they all have the same mother?" Anderson's response was "I'm a bad boy :D".

:lol

Unreal Champ is brilliant, the hype for the season to start is unbearable.

Naughty God was going to bring UnitedGAF down, I helped.

I didn't get him banned but I'd like to think that I indirectly have.

We have reached agreement with Major League Soccer for the transfer of Clint Dempsey. #THFC

Wot?

In the MLS, the league holds (part of) the rights to all active players due to the draft, salary cap, etc. Makes it a hassle when players want to leave the MLS for more prestigious leagues to advance their game. At least it used to be; I dunno if the league has gotten better about letting players go.

xintin

Wot?
it's part of the designated player rule in MLS (I think) He's going to Seattle, but because he will be the league's highest paid player (ever), MLS will pay part of his salary for Seattle.

I could be wrong, though, MLS makes no sense to me. Neither does this move for Dempsey :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom