• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bale goes for £100M, we should not sell Suarez if we don't get £50M.
But the market doesn't work that way -- unless Real Madrid suddenly abandoned Bale and wanted to buy Suarez instead. You can only sell at a price a buyer will pay, and Bale's is obviously inflated by the absurd factors that govern Real's transfer decisions. No other club out there will pay over the odds similarly (the ones that might have have already bought huge this summer).

Suarez's value is high right now because of the season he just had. He will have to repeat the trick to retain that value. And even if he did, he would be one year deeper into his contract, further hurting Liverpool's bargaining power.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol on Soccer Saturday Dowie just said Danny Simpson would get into any PL team

Tegris

Hendoooo! He provides so much more than Allen going forward and is a better player to have when dominating the match, as much as I enjoy Allen's tidy passing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Contracts situation:

Pirlo: Jun 30, 2014
Storari: Jun 30, 2014

Buffon: Jun 30, 2015
Barzagli: Jun 30, 2015
Chiellini: Jun 30, 2015
Lichtsteiner: Jun 30, 2015
Luke Brown: Jun 30, 2015
Vucinic: Jun 30, 2015
Juvinco: Jun 30, 2015
Simone Pepe: Jun 30, 2015
Antonio Conte: Jun 30, 2015

tumblr_m32eqtULjs1r2ij3xo1_400.gif

willow ve

It was his decision at the end of the day. Sure seems like he went for the money and comforts of home.

The best comment I've seen regarding this whole thing is "We all heard him say he wanted Champions League football, we just didn't know he meant CONCACAF."

Slizz

The best comment I've seen regarding this whole thing is "We all heard him say he wanted Champions League football, we just didn't know he meant CONCACAF."

Yeah lol. I'm not hating though, lots of money, friends and family close by, going to be over 30 and most likely his last WC.

What were Juventus' preferred line-up last season?
3-5-2 with wing-backs:

Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Lichtsteiner-Asamoah
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Matri-Vucinic

Although at the end of the season that has changed to a 3-5-1-1, with Marchisio playing off the striker and Pogba introduced into the centre of midfield.

It occurs to me that for less than the sum of money Real are threatening to spend on Bale, Juventus bought the following in recent years: Asamoah, Barzagli, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Llorente, Ogbonna, Pirlo, Pogba, Tevez, Vidal, and Vucinic.

bobito

Banned
It occurs to me that for less than the sum of money Real are threatening to spend on Bale, Juventus bought the following in recent years: Asamoah, Barzagli, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Llorente, Ogbonna, Pirlo, Pogba, Tevez, Vidal, and Vucinic.

Yeah but are they marketable?

L1NETT

Leeds vs Brighton
QPR vs Sheff W
Reading vs Tractors
Preston vs Wolves
Bournemouth vs Charlton

Some good proper fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom