• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

That ball from Modric was excellent. Not sure Everton are cut out for this high line stuff.

I've also come to the conclusion that if Real Madrid played in the Premiership they would concede at least one goal per match from a set piece.

Meier

Really unlucky for Everton there. Fellaini is fun to watch.. he's such a big dude. His shorts look absurdly short. :lol

Fergie

Banned
Diving DNA?
Jz3QUSv.gif

Modric is pure love...wait I already said tha <3

Also Casillas can't still catch a damn aerial ball...wait I already said that.

If Diego Lopez isn't the main goalkeeper I'll call bullshit.

High yes but back three? Not as far as I'm seeing.
Look at their shape on goal kicks: it's 3-4-3. They have "wing backs" who drop back on their respective sides when defending so it looks like a back four, but the core of the defence is three central defenders.

Problem is when they get cut open on the counter and can't adopt their proper defensive shape in time.

FootballFan

That ball from Modric was excellent. Not sure Everton are cut out for this high line stuff.

I've also come to the conclusion that if Real Madrid played in the Premiership they would concede at least one goal per match from a set piece.

They always concede, they just usually score more.

Look at their shape on goal kicks: it's 3-4-3. They have "wing backs" who drop back on their respective sides when defending so it looks like a back four, but the core of the defence is three central defenders.

Problem is when they get cut open on the counter and can't adopt their proper defensive shape in time.

In open play they're definitely flat 4.

Batigol

Banned

Just like Wigan last season. His teams can't defend for shit

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Moyes is a better coach than Martinez necessarily. Kinda like this Everton kit.. the sleeves are classy.

Yes he is. I like Martinez, but he took a team that finished 11th and barely escaped relegation a few times and then did get relegated.

Moyes achieved mixtures of 4th, 6th, 7th, 6th, 6th with Everton. That's a phenomenal achievement. Far more than Wigan's FA Cup win.

And thanks shorty <3 give me the good stuff mama

FootballFan

Shut up. You're hate for Ozil clouds your judgement.

He's a good player(very good even) but even a Madrid/Germany fan will tell you he is weak, low in stamina, has the tendency to disappear for a lot of the game, and is pretty inconsistent.

Nearly all those things could be easily fixed if he put some work/effort into improving but he doesn't.

3 years ago he was talking about trying to win the Ballon d'Or. He is the same player he was 3 years ago.

panty

Subs for next half,

Cheryshev->Marcelo
Jese/Morata->Benz
Casemiro->Modric
Di Maria->Özil
Carvajal->Arbeloa
Nacho->Pepe

Scum

Yes he is. I like Martinez, but he took a team that finished 11th and barely escaped relegation a few times and then did get relegated.

Moyes achieved mixtures of 4th, 6th, 7th, 6th, 6th with Everton. That's a phenomenal achievement. Far more than Wigan's FA Cup win.

And thanks shorty <3 give me the good stuff mama
Shorty, y u send filth to Wilbur snd nit us?

#FuckMADRID

FootballFan

Its sad that Barca lost that ability as time went on. It was gone completely under tito.

Yeah but realistically you can't really expect to continue the domination. Out of form players, players aging, off the field distractions like Shakira, injuries, illnesses to tito and abi <3, Pep leaving etc.

Though we have spent enough time now without a CL, this is the season we go back to the top. :p

Meier

Looks okay now.

WHAT A SAVE by Howard! How did he reach that?! Nice little FIFA-style finesse shot from di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom