• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Some interesting comments from the Times. Apparently we are expecting a third bid from Arsenal, but it's going to be a lot more difficult to do anything closer to the window closing, as we'll obviously want to have a replacement sorted.

I think the general insinuation is that time is against this deal.

Shagwell

BBC are all over the place. They've reported that Suarez accepts the terms of his contract and wont force a move, then that he will force a move and hand in a transfer request, then again that he won't.

I agree that he wants out though. It's just whether he wants it enough to burn bridges and forego his loyalty bonus.
How big are these loyalty bonuses that they factor into decisions in such a significant way? You'd think the club pursuing could just promise him a signing on fee close to whatever his loyalty bonus would have been.

Then again the world of football finance is mysterious and murky.

jtb

Banned
It's that which makes me question whether or not he's actually in our pocket or a massive fan.

I'd like to think we would be a little more subtle. It's literally daily articles at this point.

He's just whoring for hits. We're too incompetent to actually have any kind of concerted strategy to land Suarez, or any player for that matter.

*thinks of Wilbury*

iRfa3dVnmWWt0.gif

Feorax

How big are these loyalty bonuses that they factor into decisions in such a significant way? You'd think the club pursuing could just promise him a signing on fee close to whatever his loyalty bonus would have been.

Then again the world of football finance is mysterious and murky.

I think I've seen reported that it's around. £3 million.

Suen

They've recently adjusted the TV revenue streams so each club gets a fairer share of the spoils, as to bring some sort of fair financial standing between clubs in the top division.

However, the league suffers with a governing body full of political stooges and people who shouldn't be anywhere near football. The aformentioned plans for reducing foreign players limits, for instance. As it stands now, every team is allowed a maximum of 10 foreign, non-turkish descent players to be registered per team. That breaks down to 6 at the most on the pitch, 2 on the bench and the remaining 2 sitting out watching from the stands somewhere.

The TFF have reduced that to 6 foreign players MAXIMUM on matchday for the 2013/2014 league. They want to reduce it further in the 2014/2015 league to 8 total foreign players in the squad and a maximum 5 on the field come matchday. They worry that foreign players negatively impact the development of domestic players. It's total bullshit and will likely harm domestic development.

The teams have issues that they need to overcome in regards to longterm objectives and planning. Managers and players are too easily sacked and marginalised because of some fat impatient board member didn't like a particular result. Besiktas suffered hardcore with this over the last few seasons. Quaresma was mistreated harshly and they essentially cut of their own nose to spite their face.
Doesn't sound so good. From one viewpoint I'd understand that bringing in too many foreign players might harm the domestic development in that it would be harder for Turkish players to enter top clubs and develop into better players. This could potentially lead to clubs ending up to prefer spending more money on a proven foreign player instead of taking those risks. However if they have a fairly good balance between foreign and non-foreign players I don't think reducing it would help with anything. To begin with if they want to make the league better, make it more attractive and attract more people they'd have to sign big players from abroad sooner or later or else the only ones who will watch it are Turks. To put a strict limit on it seems stupid, just make sure to have a good balance between the domestic and non-domestic players. Isn't six on the pitch and two on the bench enough though?

The whole part of sacking managers because of results sounds much like La Liga/Serie A and rich clubs or oil clubs in general. Anyway I suppose the turkish league can't be more corrupt than La Liga lol.

Has the press observed the absurdity in a clause that the club must notify you (the player) of interest from another side? Surely an agent would find out whether a club has expressed interest in their player? If Suarez had a £40m buy-out clause, then it begs the question as to why you never heard any interest from PSG, Monaco, Napoli or Bayern during their spending sprees.

FootballFan

Goooooooaaaal 4-0. :lol Inter.

I understand it all. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I guess it's good, but if you understand all of that, does that mean you understand the other English accents even easier? Do you have trouble with understanding any? (Aus, NZ, Scottish, Irish, the 10 different ones in England, American etc)

Suen

pls stop believing everything you read. There are 5 players in our squad with higher wages than Neymar last I heard, unless Neymar signed a new contract in the last week.
He's so good that he signs multiple amazing contracts in just one summer break. Messi's time is over.

maybe a bit dc, but Spartak Moscow is offering 18 million € for Cardozo, no question asked.
.....I thought he'd go for more than that lol.

Fucking LOL Inter. How long till Walter is sacked the coming season? Nice goal by Viera.

GQman2121

Banned
Just finished Tomb Raider. The devs actually have photos of themselves in the credits along with the teams. Ugh. To put faces to the names somehow makes it worse. It's a huge staff; easy to see why they needed to sell millions of units to turn a profit.

Feorax

Has the press observed the absurdity in a clause that the club must notify you (the player) of interest from another side? Surely an agent would find out whether a club has expressed interest in their player? If Suarez had a £40m buy-out clause, then it begs the question as to why you never heard any interest from PSG, Monaco, Napoli or Bayern during their spending sprees.

I think the absurdity is in Suarez's legal advisors agreeing to the clause in the first place. It was obviously weighted heavily in our favour.

Maybe they were just impatient to get a chunk of the money from his new contract last year...

LegoArmo

Goooooooaaaal 4-0. :lol Inter.

I guess it's good, but if you understand all of that, does that mean you understand the other English accents even easier? Do you have trouble with understanding any? (Aus, NZ, Scottish, Irish, the 10 different ones in England, American etc)

I've never really had a problem with any of them. I can have trouble if the person is speaking really fast though.

bobito

Banned
West Brom are planning a £2million swoop for striker Adam Le Fondre if Reading are relegated this season.

NOOOOOOO

We'll only get 2 of them, keeping the options open I guess. Have to be linked with a few more than we're actually after because you can bet your arse Kinnear will fuck at least one up!

Ha fair play.

Also thanks for guthrie played great this weekend

FootballFan

Source pls. :*

:lol asking me for a source, who's the source for your story? "an anonymous insider told us messi is not......." I bet.

When he signed, every paper was saying he will be the 6th highest earner after Messi, Xavi, Inesta, Villa and Pique. Villa is gone so that makes him 5th.

The highest wages any paper seems to be reporting still puts him at 3rd spot.

Plug pls.

edit

Btw don't forget, he will soon be earning more than Messi, simply because Messi will be in prison and Neymar is the most marketable athlete in the world.

rodvik

West Brom are planning a £2million swoop for striker Adam Le Fondre if Reading are relegated this season.

NOOOOOOO

Ha fair play.

Also thanks for guthrie played great this weekend

Grats man. Good early victory against a solid Ipswich. Going up!

rodvik

We'll only get 2 of them, keeping the options open I guess. Have to be linked with a few more than we're actually after because you can bet your arse Kinnear will fuck at least one up!

I am surprised Bent is back in the running. Hope you get him though, he really is an excellent goal scorer in a team that plays his way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter travelled all the way to the Metlife Stadium 4-nothing.

We can't possibly lose to them on Tuesday.

WE CAN'T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom