• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I've made my peace with him going now to be fair, we just need to make sure the deal suits us. If we can bring in a LB, Papadopalous and Costa then we have a very balanced and deep squad before Suarez even goes anywhere.

Will be very weird now if he's still an LFC player on 3rd September.

Well if Arsenal won't pay then I don't know who else will.

Unless Spurs hold onto Bale and Real need a marquee signing.

pappe

ibcimFEc9dxjdT.gif
Drogba and Sneijder have still got it... They are wasting their time at Galatasaray.

Fry

I'd rather have 3 news players than Suarez. But the new players would have to be Ppa and another two (a mid and a striker).

Honestly I'm already happy about having Coutinho and Sturridge. Stunning players.

Arnie

Honestly I'm already happy about having Coutinho and Sturridge. Stunning players.

Same, feels like we've strengthened massively in the last six months.

Throw in Mignolet, and Aspas is looking really promising, and I'm fairly satisfied. Would love a Papa signing though, and I feel we've still got one in our locker.

Guardian's back page tomorrow.

BQ2fEChCUAAsUWC.png

This is going to get very bitter soon.
:lol

What a lemon Suarez is.

Let him wallow about and moan, but he isn't going to Arsenal.

ShogunX

Guardian's back page tomorrow.

This is going to get very bitter soon.

I hope Suarez had a good reason for not attending that charity dinner. Like I said before he was pictured at Liverpool central train station last night but you could make up all sorts of stories from that.

I think Arsenal have been as respectful as we could have been.

To be fair the +1 pound bid was a piss take and only served to annoy Henry and Ayre.

Man Suarez is a prick. Fair enough he wants to leave but he could still have gone to Gerrard's dinner.

Unless of course he had somewhere else to be and it was really important.

Arnie

I think Arsenal have been as respectful as we could have been.

:lol

You were told a player wasn't for sale, you still bid. You were told £40 million would not be enough for said player, you bid £40,000,001. Liverpool have every right to be wound up by Arsenal, for taking the word of an evidently clueless agent over that of the football club you're desperate to negotiate with.

And it's definitely bitten you in the Arse.

Man Suarez is a prick. Fair enough he wants to leave but he could still have gone to Gerrard's dinner.

Unless of course he had somewhere else to be and it was really important.
Aye, in fairness to him we have no idea where he actually was, and why he didn't attend.

As Shogun said he was getting a train somewhere so it's not as if he was sat at home having a cry.

Feorax

I'm more pissed off that he's annoyed that we apparently "broke a verbal agreement".

I seem to remember he had a verbal agreement with KD to shake Evra's hand, and look what happened there.

Cunt.

Salvadora

To be fair the +1 pound bid was a piss take and only served to annoy Henry and Ayre.
If a player has an alleged £40m release clause you aren't going to pay more than that. Arsenal are a business.

If we're talking about lack of respect, lets talk about Suarez.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm more pissed off that he's annoyed that we apparently "broke a verbal agreement".

I seem to remember he had a verbal agreement with KD to shake Evra's hand, and look what happened there.

Cunt.

This 'verbal agreement' is what players say when they are stuck on a long contract with no release clause. Modric and Bale both tried this trick. It means fuck all. If they really wanted an agreement it would be in the contract.

GQman2121

Banned
going on a two week hike tomorrow in South Tyrol, so I don't want to start the new Tomb Raider tonight.

So, what do I do? Watch Jurassic Park 1 on Blu Ray or the Incredibles?

Help me decide, footygaf!

I'm at the very end of Tomb Raider. I'm going to end up finishing it in 2.5 sittings, around 12 hours or so.

What an awful game. Dreadful throughout. It has everything in it that I hate about singleplayer developed action games at this point in the generation. I reached a section last night where I thought it was going to end, but then it dragged on for another two hours or so. I hope I'm at the end now because I'm just dying to delete from my HD.

I can't believe this is being mentioned in GOTY conversations. It's complete shit as a platformer; shooter; puzzler; and a Tomb Raider game.

The cast of characters are some of the worst developed I can remember. Lara herself is probably the worst offender of all. The voice actress is so overly dramatic, and constantly talking to herself, that you can just picture her reading from sheets of paper as she pants between the yellow glowing objects you have to reach.

I care about nothing more than seeing the credits roll and putting this game in my rear view.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm at the very end of Tomb Raider. I'm going to end up finishing it in 2.5 sittings, around 12 hours or so.

What an awful game. Dreadful throughout. It has everything in it that I hate about singleplayer developed action games at this point in the generation. I reached a section last night where I thought it was going to end, but then it dragged on for another two hours or so. I hope I'm at the end now because I'm just dying to delete from my HD.

I can't believe this is being mentioned in GOTY conversations. It's complete shit as a platformer; shooter; puzzler; and a Tomb Raider game.

The cast of characters are some of the worst developed I can remember. Lara herself is probably the worst offender of all. The voice actress is so overly dramatic, and constantly talking to herself, that you can just picture her reading from sheets of paper as she pants between the yellow glowing objects you have to reach.

I care about nothing more than seeing the credits roll and putting this game in my rear view.

I knew as soon as we saw the first footage that it would be an abomination. It's hard to believe the same studio made the excellent Anniversary. Tomb Raider is about feeling like Indiana Jones, not stabbing people repeatedly in the eyeballs and trying to avoid being raped.

Suen

Well if Arsenal won't pay then I don't know who else will.

Unless Spurs hold onto Bale and Real need a marquee signing.
I'm convinced that our strikers at Madrid can do well. With Higuain gone Benz can be given more playtime and might do better. If not Morata and Jese should be given more time. Both can end up becoming great. Suarez at Madrid would be nice for sure, so would Cavani when I was all about wanting us to get a new striker but so far in this pre-season I feel we have what we need. I'd still take Bale over Di Maria though lol. Anyway part of me says a top striker would be nice, another part of me says to wait and see how well our current strikers can do.

ShogunX

If a player has an alleged £40m release clause you aren't going to pay more than that. Arsenal are a business.

If we're talking about lack of respect, lets talk about Suarez.

The Suarez discussion has been done to death. He's a cunt but considering how fickle football fans are I'm sure if he stays his name will be sung from the KOP against Stoke.

The problem I have with the man is that even though I can understand him wanting to move to a club that will grant him more short term success the way he has gone about it has been terrible. I've come to the conclusion that Suarez the man isn't the brightest guy around in fact he's a little bit thick, but then has we been a little less biased throughout the season we would of already knew that.

K1LLER7

Some guy on twitter saying we'll sign a player in the next 3-5 days.

Another reporter who works for Marca says United offered to triple Cesc's wages but he wants to stay at Barca.

Cesc pls.

Feorax

This 'verbal agreement' is what players say when they are stuck on a long contract with no release clause. Modric and Bale both tried this trick. It means fuck all. If they really wanted an agreement it would be in the contract.

Exactly.

I'd love to hear Dalglish's view on all this, given what backing Suarez eventually cost him.and us.

Suen

The Suarez discussion has been done to death. He's a cunt but considering how fickle football fans are I'm sure if he stays his name will be sung from the KOP against Stoke.

The problem I have with the man is that even though I can understand him wanting to move to a club that will grant him more short term success the way he has gone about it has been terrible. I've come to the conclusion that Suarez the man isn't the brightest guy around in fact he's a little bit thick, but then has we been a little less biased throughout the season we would of already knew that.
Talk about being in a shitty situation. He's taken a big dump on his own club yet selling him means you'll lose an amazing player who does score lots of goals for you. You're not going to find a replacement of the same quality if you sell him, at least not from those who are available atm.

Facism

I see that I'm late...

drogba.gif

yeh you even missed the friendly banter that turned sour like the lemons i posted when one of the arsenal supporters threw his toys out of the pram, declaring that Gala shouldn't have been allowed to play the emirates cup because of what happened to those Leeds fans. 13 years ago. In 2000AD. Because Drogba dived in a preseason friendly tournament.

GQman2121

Banned
I knew as soon as we saw the first footage that it would be an abomination. It's hard to believe the same studio made the excellent Anniversary. Tomb Raider is about feeling like Indiana Jones, not stabbing people repeatedly in the eyeballs and trying to avoid being raped.

Yep. It's why I didn't even consider it back in February. Got it for $17 off PSN with all the DLC during e3.

On normal difficulty the health re-gen is so fast, I've literally just been rushing enemies with the rock ax and meleeing them. The gun/bow combat and AI is appalling. And there's so much of it.

If The Last of Us is Citizen Kane, New Tomb Raider is Weekend at Bernie's III.

yeh you even missed the friendly banter that turned sour like the lemons i posted when one of the arsenal supporters threw his toys out of the pram, declaring that Gala shouldn't have been allowed to play the emirates cup because of what happened to those Leeds fans. 13 years ago. In 2000AD. Because Drogba dived in a preseason friendly tournament.

You brought shame to the Emirates Cup. Never forget that.

K1LLER7

Which guy.

And I doubt that, £300k/week? As if.

My bro said he read it on twitter, I'm not sure who it is though. Most likely BS.

Yeah, its some Marca reporter apparently. However, Both Andy Mitten and Miggy D say the Cesc deal isn't dead yet. Hope it gets sorted out this week one way or another. Moyes needs to move on.

Suen

Don't you support Fenerbahce? Why are you defending Gala?

Salvadora

I think the most interesting part of this saga is Suarez's silence. It can be interpreted in so many different ways.

The wait until September 2nd is going to be very painful.

Facism

Drogba and Sneijder have still got it... They are wasting their time at Galatasaray.

Wasting their time with a league win, champs league quarterfinal and AMPLE playing time and good money/good food and a fanbase that loves them.

But i see where you're coming from, god knows i only hope to know as much about the league they play in as you do.

The man's killer reaction and instinct hasn't left him, what a way to sell the defence a lemon with a inside cut from the pass.

Don't you support Fenerbahce? Why are you defending Gala?

Because I like their team, i like what their board of directors are trying to do for domestic football and it's visibility across the world, in regards to both popularity and attracting class, non-Turkish players. It's a shame the TFF want to destroy that with yet more foreign player restrictions in the 2014/2015 league. Eventually they'll close the tax loophole too making it even less attractive. They're trying to be a positive driving force for Turkish football in every arena and it's something that everyone who watches Turkish football should be supporting.

Gambit

You are voicing all my fears. Even in the old Tomb Raider games, I didn't care for her having human enemies. I wanted to be in an ancient tomb, isolated and in fear of animals and traps. Single opponents were ok, if they had a reason to be there, i.e. my rival tomb raiders. This also bothers me in Uncharted (although to a lesser extent). I open the secret entrance to this long-forgotten ancient city and armed thugs are waiting for me in there. Did they use the service entrance?!

Anyway, seeing all the trailers and reviews, it seems this game has very little to do with the Tomb Raider I like. I am trying my best to make myself aware of that so I will hopefully simply enjoy it as an Uncharted clone and not see it as a Tomb Raider at all.

It seems, even that might be a stretch.

Feorax

I think the most interesting part of this saga is Suarez's silence. It can be interpreted in so many different ways.

This is probably the only good thing, in that we can (and seem to be in the process of doing so) strengthen our squad and first team, regardless of whether Suarez is staying or going.

For some reason, Wenger is fixated on this deal. The sensible thing would have been to walk away and focus on other areas, then see what the situation is in mid August.

What silence?

When he was in Uruguay he couldn't stop saying shit.

Now he's back Liverpool have finally managed to get the muzzle back on him.

pappe

Wasting their time with a league win, champs league quarterfinal and AMPLE playing time and good money/good food and a fanbase that loves them.

But i see where you're coming from, god knows i only hope to know as much about the league they play in as you do.

The man's killer reaction and instinct hasn't left him, what a way to sell the defence a lemon with a inside cut from the pass.
I didn't mean it with any disrespect to Gal or Turkish league. I think they still have the ability to perform with a really top side in Europe and do well too.

Fry

Arsenal doesn't need a Suarez type of player, anyway.

They need an entirely new defense and a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom