• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

ibbIWaWVs0XyfO.gif

Giroud is the sexiest striker in the league.

Foul.

Suen

Milan has played pretty average. Bunch of wasted chances to score. All I can think of now is Frank The Great's having tears as he curse Juve.

Good game by Chelsea, they are looking really solid and dangerous. If they keep this pace up and only get better from here I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the league.

Can't wait for the Madrid game, let's crush them Madrid-GAF.

Part of me want to see Chelsea win just so Mou get his revenge because our players and those with strong association to the team were all cunts last season.

Milan has played pretty average. Bunch of wasted chances to score. All I can think of now is Frank The Great's having tears as he curse Juve.

Good game by Chelsea, they are looking really solid and dangerous. If they keep this pace up and only get better from here I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the league.

Can't wait for the Madrid game, let's crush them Madrid-GAF.

Part of me want to see Chelsea win just so Mou get his revenge because our players and those with strong association to the team were all cunts last season.

I'm sure he really enjoyed seeing Inter get smashed haha. The game was good quality too.

Clegg

Danny Welbeck is a little bit shit and really should be playing for somebody like Newcastle.
Hes a rather good player. Last season was bad goalscoring wise but he was really rather good the season before that.

If he has another bad season in front of goal then we'll have to decide how exactly he fits into the team.

Randdalf

Hes a rather good player. Last season was bad goalscoring wise but he was really rather good the season before that.

If he has another bad season in front of goal then we'll have to decide how exactly he fits into the team.

Welbeck was great against Madrid at the Bernabeu

ShogunX

Any half decent player should be scoring a respectable amount in a side like UTD. They create so many chances that even Danny Graham would bag double figures with them.

Welbeck does have a few redeeming qualities (his hair being one) but his finishing is straight up bad.

Salvadora

We could give him a rest tbh, use Wilshere or Rosicky for a bit.
I'm a bit concerned about Wilshere. He's barely featured in pre-season at all despite having recovered from injury quite a while ago. Feel like we're not being told something.

In other news: a certain Uruguayan trying to flee Liverpool
Wearing a disguise and no doubt heading to London.

Rondon loves Rubin bro.

Fuck Rubin! Three 0-0 games so far this season in the league. Two involving Rubin. I'm not going to lie, it's not just that they're boring it's also that they always beat us.

They sold us Ansaldi today for 8 million though, so I guess they're not all bad.

ShogunX

I'm a bit concerned about Wilshere. He's barely featured in pre-season at all despite having recovered from injury quite a while ago. Feel like we're not being told something.

In other news: a certain Uruguayan trying to flee Liverpool

Wearing a disguise and no doubt heading to London.

Have you seen that posted on an Arsenal forum or something? That was the photo a lad from RAWK took after the Olympiakos match.

Does make you wonder where he was heading.

Salvadora

Have you seen that posted on an Arsenal forum or something? That was the photo a lad from RAWK took after the Olympiakos match.

Does make you wonder where he was heading.
I saw it posted on AFC Camden's twitter when looking for transfer muppetry, which I did not find.

Closest was a Mirror story about some wonderkid possibly coming over from the UAE for a trial.

jtb

Banned
Wenger said Wilshere's not 100% fit yet. No need to rush him back for a pointless friendly so I won't read too much into it... yet. Didn't he first pick up the injury at the Emirates Cup two years ago?

Suen

Fuck Rubin! Three 0-0 games so far this season in the league. Two involving Rubin. I'm not going to lie, it's not just that they're boring it's also that they always beat us.

They sold us Ansaldi today for 8 million though, so I guess they're not all bad.
Isn't their defence pretty solid? I haven't observed them that much except in EL last season and they had a good run then. A quick check shows that they finished 6th in 12/13, they weren't even far behind the Anzhi, Spartak and Kuban, good imo.

I'll agree though that their games were a bit boring :p So why do you think they always beat you? Do they bore your players to death? Kidding :p Seriously what do you think?

Salvadora

Wenger said Wilshere's not 100% fit yet. No need to rush him back for a pointless friendly so I won't read too much into it... yet. Didn't he first pick up the injury at the Emirates Cup two years ago?
He shouldn't be rushed back, but his injury was some metal pins in his ankle that needed to be removed iirc. So not really a proper injury.

He went on the pre-season tour and we were told he couldn't play because he had the flu so ended up only getting a few minutes. Maybe they just didn't want to risk him on those pitches. It's just a bit strange.

jtb

Banned
I don't really get how the 40m + 1 bid was disrespectful. They wanted to activate the clause. Nothing happened. Rodger's manufactured outrage over this is a bit ridiculous—if anything, Liverpool's been doing all the talking during this saga.

He shouldn't be rushed back, but his injury was some metal pins in his ankle that needed to be removed iirc. So not really a proper injury.

He went on the pre-season tour and we were told he couldn't play because he had the flu so ended up only getting a few minutes. Maybe they just didn't want to risk him on those pitches. It's just a bit strange.

It is. Honestly, Jack was half the player last season that he was his breakthrough season but the hype of him being Arsenal and England's midfield savior has been built up to such a comically exaggerated point where I suppose Wenger can't help but really closely monitor and protect him. Which is what he should've been doing from the start (especially now that he probably needs games, more than anything), but better late than never I suppose.

K1LLER7

Footy-gaf Bros, What's the best tablet out at the moment? Looking to buy one and have been looking at both 'Nexus 7' and a 'Ipad Mini'. Any others to consider?

Salvadora

I've just visited Arsenal Mania for the first time and holy shit it's the worst fan forum yet.
I've visited it occasionally and think it's alright bar the usual forum split into 400 billion sections and every player getting his own thread. They do a good job finding all the Arsenal transfer rumours.
It is. Honestly, Jack was half the player last season that he was his breakthrough season but the hype of him being Arsenal and England's midfield savior has been built up to such a comically exaggerated point where I suppose Wenger can't help but really closely monitor and protect him. Which is what he should've been doing from the start (especially now that he probably needs games, more than anything), but better late than never I suppose.
I'd hope that Wenger and the club are trying to protect him after chucking him into the deep end last season.

jtb

Banned
Footy-gaf Bros, What's the best tablet out at the moment? Looking to buy one and have been looking at both 'Nexus 7' and a 'Ipad Mini'. Any others to consider?

I have a mini and I like it. App store ftw. Have any specific questions?

K1LLER7

I have a mini and I like it. App store ftw. Have any specific questions?
Just going to use it to browse the Internet, watch videos and that sort of stuff. Would like one that could let me stream footy matches but don't think it works on ipads(?)

I've used my bro's IPad and i've liked it, so I'm edging towards that. Gaf seems to like Nexus tablets but I'm not sure if its better than an iPad.

Isn't their defence pretty solid? I haven't observed them that much except in EL last season and they had a good run then. A quick check shows that they finished 6th in 12/13, they weren't even far behind the Anzhi, Spartak and Kuban, good imo.

I'll agree though that their games were a bit boring :p So why do you think they always beat you? Do they bore your players to death? Kidding :p Seriously what do you think?

It's a mystery. It doesn't matter how well or how poorly they play against us, we always lose.

But in general they are very solid at the back and always well organized. They have struggled in recent years by dropping points against bottom of the table teams because they don't score enough goals but they still always play all the top teams tough.

I expect them to have another good run in the EL again this season especially once they open their new stadium this fall and UEFA won't be able to fuck them and force them to play their home games in Moscow.

Over everything the iPad Mini got an incredible battery life. 13 hours of heavy usage. Probably a week on standby with light usage.

G-Unit

so, how did hairgod fellauni do against madrid? I heard ge scored twice...manu should buy him, clearly next ballon du oro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom